Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Student Goes Off On Teacher For Not Teaching

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 24>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 9 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
femmemichelle View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote femmemichelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 1:41am
Confused

I was dirt poor and had to put up with sucky teachers as well. You don't act an ass in class. If you WANT to learn you will. I bought self teaching books for $2-$3 and made myself learn chemistry in the 10th grade because in high school there isn't very much supplemental help period. She wanted attention and she got it. I doubt she truly cared. 
Sponsored Links

Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 1:43am
All these quotes and essays lawd

niecy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote niecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 1:45am
Originally posted by femmemichelle femmemichelle wrote:

Confused

I was dirt poor and had to put up with sucky teachers as well. You don't act an ass in class. If you WANT to learn you will. I bought self teaching books for $2-$3 and made myself learn chemistry in the 10th grade because in high school there isn't very much supplemental help period. She wanted attention and she got it. I doubt she truly cared. 

good for you although IMO it isn't a student's job to do what a teacher should already be doing which is teaching them.
f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 1:45am

Confused

girl she is not youLOL she seemed like she did really want to learn. But doesn't know the proper way in getting what she needs with out being disrespectful. You can't compare your learning ethic with hers.

Edited by f8dagrate - Jan 10 2013 at 1:47am
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 1:45am

Confused

learning definitely doesn't stop in the classroom but you were failed as a student if you had to do these things to get the competency to get to the next class.  maybe that's how she felt?  i don't expect every teenager to have the work ethic to do that, unfortunately. 

why do you think she didn't care?  if she were soft spoken would you feel differently?  serious question.
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 1:46am
Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:

All these quotes and essays lawd

lmao...i already wore off the buzz i was looking forward to having when i go to bed.  the things i was planning to do to dave franco in my dreams. ah well.
Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 1:47am
Originally posted by f8dagrate f8dagrate wrote:

Originally posted by Lady ICE Lady ICE wrote:

Originally posted by Quiann00 Quiann00 wrote:

Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

but the problem is...some of you are automatically assuming the student was incorrect in her assessment solely based on her delivery.  i saw evidence of issues in that classroom and the teacher is not being called out on that just b/c we know that bad students exist.  is it wrong to assume fault on the teacher rather than the student?  

there are videos where i get the impression that the student is the one with all the issues...this isn't one of them.

I'm basing my assumptions off the video.  What I seen was her yelling and the young men that were video taping laughing and talking. One of the dudes was all the way turned around.  I seen the teacher trying to defuse the situation with her.  Should we expect him to be going through the process of Photosynthesis while she was having her tantrum?  If you have a full version of the video, please post it.
if he was doing that in the first place perhaps there wouldnt have been a tantrum...he'd be doing what she wanted, which is teachin suminLOL the child was frustrated and demanding an education...theres no way i could flip it and make her look like the bad guy. no way.

wrongSleepy  please reread the last few pages that discuss the things you just mentioned.
no.
f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 1:48am

[/QUOTE]if he was doing that in the first place perhaps there wouldnt have been a tantrum...he'd be doing what she wanted, which is teachin suminLOL the child was frustrated and demanding an education...theres no way i could flip it and make her look like the bad guy. no way.
[/QUOTE]

wrongSleepy  please reread the last few pages that discuss the things you just mentioned.
[/QUOTE]no.
[/QUOTE]

LOLLOL
Quiann00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Quiann00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 1:49am
Originally posted by Lady ICE Lady ICE wrote:

Originally posted by Quiann00 Quiann00 wrote:

Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

but the problem is...some of you are automatically assuming the student was incorrect in her assessment solely based on her delivery.  i saw evidence of issues in that classroom and the teacher is not being called out on that just b/c we know that bad students exist.  is it wrong to assume fault on the teacher rather than the student?  

there are videos where i get the impression that the student is the one with all the issues...this isn't one of them.

I'm basing my assumptions off the video.  What I seen was her yelling and the young men that were video taping laughing and talking. One of the dudes was all the way turned around.  I seen the teacher trying to defuse the situation with her.  Should we expect him to be going through the process of Photosynthesis while she was having her tantrum?  If you have a full version of the video, please post it.
if he was doing that in the first place perhaps there wouldnt have been a tantrum...he'd be doing what she wanted, which is teachin suminLOL the child was frustrated and demanding an education...theres no way i could flip it and make her look like the bad guy. no way.

I think her tantrum was subjective...Maybe she did feel as though she wasn't learning anything..What about the learning of the other kids that might have been disrupted because of her tantrum?  It wasn't like the whole class rose up in revolt about the teacher not teaching anything.  She was the only one yelling and jumping up and down.  I didn't hear any "Amens" in the classroom.  It was just her.  I'm not quick to believe that she want's to learn..sorry...the behavior in that video is not relative to a person who wishes to learn....A person who wishes to learn would have talked with her teacher before or after class or would have possibly gotten a transfer into another class. 

Edited by Quiann00 - Jan 10 2013 at 1:50am
femmemichelle View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote femmemichelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 1:51am
The caliber of teachers in high schools aren't the best. Should more teachers be invested? Of course. But there's a line you don't cross in class.

If I didn't understand orbitals and halogenation after it was taught to me in class, I learned it on my own Your teacher can't go inside your brain and force you to learn anything.

Most learning goes on OUTSIDE of the classroom anyway. The classroom is just the initial source of information. You go home, study your ass off, come back and make the grade.

You do not, however, throw hissy fits in class and expect people to take you seriously.

And if buying self help books is extreme when you don't understand a subject then maybe you're really not serious about passing a class.

Even in college, professors give no f.ucks if you understood what happened in class. You go home with your notes, research, study, ask friends. Do what you need to do to make sure you know what's going on. If she's doing this in high school, she's in for the shock of her life when/if she gets to college. Just saying.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 24>
  Share Topic