BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Student Goes Off On Teacher For Not Teaching

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 24>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 9 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 1:12am
Originally posted by SweetNovember* SweetNovember* wrote:

Originally posted by BBpants BBpants wrote:

It is the teacher's job to control the class. If some teachers can't control a class then it's not the right job for them. Let someone who knows how to teach and control the classroom replace them. Children are not animals they should be taught not controlled imo

Or he can leave and go teach children whom at the ripe old age of 16 do not require babysitting. Like all the other teachers are doing. We lose again.

I can see many of you have not worked with children, or may even lack empathy in these situations. But I can't blame yall thoughSleepy
Sponsored Links

BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote BBpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 1:12am

It is the teacher's job to control the class. If some teachers can't control a class then it's not the right job for them. Let someone who knows how to teach and control the classroom replace them.

Or he can leave and go teach children whom at the ripe old age of 16 do not require babysitting. Like all the other teachers are doing. We lose again.

There is nothing to lose in this situation. The students are losing already by him not teaching anything lol
SweetNovember* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 1:13am
Originally posted by niecy niecy wrote:

Originally posted by Quiann00 Quiann00 wrote:

If he was unable to control his classroom, a classroom full of students who look like they should know how to behave, really, who should be held accountable for that? If a teenager is coming to school acting an ass in class, the blame should never fall on the teacher, as if they are responsible for raising them. The most a teacher could say is stop, no and don't or leave the classroom.  If none of that works, what else could he do? Parents should be involved in their child's education.  They should also be concerned with whether their child is coming to school and contributing to a conducive learning environment.

Maybe he's unable to get through his lesson plans per day because he have to tell students constantly to stop talking or to leave his class.  That cuts into class time and in frustrates those who are really there to learn.  Being an educator is the most important job imo.  Yet they have to endure so much and get paid so little.

They want you to start raising these children and the age of fifteen. And you better not touch them or else you're liable to get hurt or lose your job. And then when their kids can't pass the state exams when they came to class not knowing anything in the first place, they still mad. It's ridiculous.

The bolded makes no sense. They come to class SO they can learn what they don't know. If they knew what the teacher was supposed to be teaching them they wouldn't need to be in the classroom in the first place.

If he's supposed to be teaching, say, bioloogy, he doesn't have time to teach children how to remain in their seats, or how to read, or how to speak when spoken to, or other things they should have learned at home.
Tajbia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tajbia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 1:14am
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 1:15am

Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

You don't have any proof he wasn't teaching  <<<<<

yes i do.  i saw 3:15 worth of proof.  he is the teacher that likes to spend 50 minutes complaining about his students rather than restructuring something that clearly isn't working.  teachers need to stop using their students as scapegoats....some students do not show up to learn, continue with your curriculum and let the others benefit from that.

his JOB is to figure out which method works best for the children in his classroom...the minute he gets lazy, he is no longer doing his job...he can find other work.

i am not going to assume he is teaching a bunch of unteachable children.  i am going to ASSUME responsibility on the ADULT.

So the moment teachers get around inner city kids they all the sudden forget how to teach? Do we need to bring in animal trainers or something? I mean what are you saying? The kids are supposed to come to class, put their rear in the chair, and participate when asked and read quietly when asked. It's that simple. Those children are of the age that they should know how to do that.

clearly.

teaching is not a job that you can show up and do 50% on the days you feel like.  human nature shows me that people get away with doing as little as you allow.  when you have a teacher and a student both viewing things this way then this is your result.  

an animal trainer does not need to be brought in.  a teacher is supposed to train.  if you can't train then why are you there?  anyone can recite a lesson plan.  everyone isn't going to succeed in the classroom but THIS GIRL does not seem like one of them.  

f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 1:15am

Originally posted by f8dagrate f8dagrate wrote:

You don't have any proof he wasn't teaching  <<<<<

yes i do.  i saw 3:15 worth of proof.  he is the teacher that likes to spend 50 minutes complaining about his students rather than restructuring something that clearly isn't working.  teachers need to stop using their students as scapegoats....some students do not show up to learn, continue with your curriculum and let the others benefit from that.

his JOB is to figure out which method works best for the children in his classroom...the minute he gets lazy, he is no longer doing his job...he can find other work.

i am not going to assume he is teaching a bunch of unteachable children.  i am going to ASSUME responsibility on the ADULT.

To add on, even if there are students who act up and/or don't want to learn why punish the ones that actually DO want to learn by not teaching?

Easier said than done. Have you worked with children? and if so which age groups?

i have no problem judging b/c i'm going into the same career and have already worked with all types of students middle grades to high school.  

there are good/bad teachers.  there are good/bad students.  you can tell the difference when you're in a classroom with a good teacher and a bad student vs a teacher that has given up. 

the teacher is not always wrong but there are TOO many teachers not doing their job = I concur.  it's just a fact.  even at the college level there are professors who want to spend the hour doing diddly shyt and then wonder why they've lost control and respect of their students.  it's ridiculous. 

but many times those good teacher turn into the those teachers who give up.
Quiann00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote Quiann00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 1:15am
That's the point..At this age, you shouldn't have to be "controlled".  You should be able to control ya damn self..This isn't a class of kindergarteners.

Oh I get it...bring discipline back in the schools...Oh okay, now I see where this thread is heading.
Yall believe a teacher should have better control over their students. Clearly talking to them like respectable adults ain't working...suspensions are handed down from the administration.  They're just be suspended for 3-5 days and come back acting the same way.  The parents should have absolutely no responsibility for their child's behavior.  So the only option is to bring discipline back in the classrooms. Teachers placing students over their knees and whooping their asses...Okay.

SweetNovember* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 1:15am
Originally posted by femmemichelle femmemichelle wrote:

Erm. Wtf? There are so many ways she could've approached that. She is an attention seeker. I HIGHLY doubt she was that mad about "not learning." Lots of kids say they "don't learn" but that's because they're not applying themselves.

If she was serious she would've taken the matter to the principal, heck, the school board--which I highly doubt she did. She wanted her kudos from her idiot classmates who think this stuff is funny and she got it.

She wasn't mad about anything. She just was trying to get attention and laughs. And she may very well have deeper issues like I said.
niecy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 1:16am

Originally posted by Quiann00 Quiann00 wrote:

If he was unable to control his classroom, a classroom full of students who look like they should know how to behave, really, who should be held accountable for that? If a teenager is coming to school acting an ass in class, the blame should never fall on the teacher, as if they are responsible for raising them. The most a teacher could say is stop, no and don't or leave the classroom.  If none of that works, what else could he do? Parents should be involved in their child's education.  They should also be concerned with whether their child is coming to school and contributing to a conducive learning environment.

Maybe he's unable to get through his lesson plans per day because he have to tell students constantly to stop talking or to leave his class.  That cuts into class time and in frustrates those who are really there to learn.  Being an educator is the most important job imo.  Yet they have to endure so much and get paid so little.

They want you to start raising these children and the age of fifteen. And you better not touch them or else you're liable to get hurt or lose your job. And then when their kids can't pass the state exams when they came to class not knowing anything in the first place, they still mad. It's ridiculous.

The bolded makes no sense. They come to class SO they can learn what they don't know. If they knew what the teacher was supposed to be teaching them they wouldn't need to be in the classroom in the first place.

If he's supposed to be teaching, say, bioloogy, he doesn't have time to teach children how to remain in their seats, or how to read, or how to speak when spoken to, or other things they should have learned at home.

Thats why you send the hardheaded ones to the office and go on about your business. Don't completely stop teaching the class altogether because of that.
BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote BBpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 1:16am
Originally posted by f8dagrate f8dagrate wrote:

It is the teacher's job to control the class. If some teachers can't control a class then it's not the right job for them. Let someone who knows how to teach and control the classroom replace them. Children are not animals they should be taught not controlled imo

I can see many of you have not worked with children, or may even lack empathy in these situations. But I can't blame yall thoughSleepy

I actually understand both sides but if someone can't handle their job...Why do they deserve to be there??? Am I supposed to feel sorry for him? Because at the end of the day he will still get paid. These students are the one who are suffering the most.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 24>
  Share Topic