BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Student Goes Off On Teacher For Not Teaching

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 24>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 9 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 12:52am
Originally posted by niecy niecy wrote:

But people already stated she should have handled it better than just yelling. The only thing people actually agreed on was that she was right as far as wanting to learn...Confused

right...no one said she didn't act extra...but to say she's unteachable and not smart is ridiculous.  she's a teenager.  teenagers can't always control their emotions.  automatically judging her based on how she looks and sounds, period.  
Sponsored Links

BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BBpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 12:53am
Originally posted by **Sk!TtLeS B** **Sk!TtLeS B** wrote:

Originally posted by SweetNovember* SweetNovember* wrote:

So why did she wait to go off until he told her she was distracting the class? We don't have evidence that he wasn't teaching but we have sufficient evidence that she was in fact distracting the class. Who told her it was okay to address her teacher like that? Do you really think children like that are teachable? If a child feels it's okay to come to school and clown like that without any fear of consequences from her parents, what do you think she's learned at home? How smart do you really think she is? Do you think you have the authority to teach a child with that mindset? Like I said there's a reason we can't keep quality teachers. All the new bright eyed graduates from Teach for America go to the inner city to get experience then they're off to teach Jane and Sally who know how to act like they got some damn sense and home training. Her mom probably never even taught her ass how to read and write but she wants to get up there and disrespect someone who already has a job and an education. smh.

That's that elitist bullsh*t white people throw out when their methods are ineffective. Those are children, not animals brought in from the wild, despite what you may think. 

As a teacher, when your methods are ineffective, shouldnt you adapt and try new ones? Isnt it a teacher's job to teach? Just because teaching some kids might be a little harder than teaching others, there's no excuse for anyone to be calling themselves a teacher and not teaching. If they wanted easy, then they should've gone to the suburbs. But they came to the inner city because they wanted to be a positive force in these kids' lives. If they think that teaching high school students that have been told since elementary school that they wouldnt amount to anything because they require a bit more one on one attention than other students would be easy, maybe they should rethink their action plan. 

Thissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss Clap
f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 12:54am
[QUOTE=SweetNovember*]Meanwhile y'all were in the thread about that little mixed girl cussin out the teacher who grabbed her saying no one better touch your child. And this girl was in Pre-K/Kindergarten. Yeah, keep your little terrors at home. They're not going to learn at school anyway. You aren't no goodLOLLOL
[/QUOTE
But anywho, her message was a complete loss with all of that unruly behavior. Some teachers do want to teach, but are prohibited by the school board from deviating from the schools planned curriculum. Instead of doing that she should rally up more children/parents to help her fight this. Her screaming and disrecpting the teacher will not help her learn. I hope she calms down and gets a good education that she needs.

Edited by f8dagrate - Jan 10 2013 at 12:58am
SweetNovember* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 12:54am

Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

I'm good. This shyt is just giving me flashbacks. Ignant ass, nonreading kids always disrupting class and by the time they're 4 years are up you know they ain't walk across nobody stage. Ish ain't cute. Confused

it seems like you're stereotyping someone you know nothing about.  all you know of her in this short clip is that she's saying she WANTS to learn...yet she's ignorant and nonreading?  okay.

Just like you stereotyped the teacher based on your past experiences when the student was clearly the one being disrespectful and disrupting the class just like the teacher said. That girl is bold and she has no home training. I'm not going to take her word on anything.

But people already stated she should have handled it better than just yelling. The only thing people actually agreed on was that she was right as far as wanting to learn...Confused

People praised her and said they would not punish their child for behaving like this. You don't have any proof he wasn't teaching. If my child ever misrepresented me like that in public (and no child of mine would) I would.............

I ain't raising no disrespectful hooligans. That girl thinks it is her place to address the teacher like that and she is bold enough to draw all that attention to herself therefore anything she has to say is null and void. That is not how sensible children act. Look at the other kids. They certainly didn't look like nerds but they had enough sense to stay in their seats and let that man do whatever he was doing. If that is how that child conducts herself I'm not interested in anything else she has to say. Let her mama home school her if she thinks it's cute.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 12:55am

Meanwhile y'all were in the thread about that little mixed girl cussin out the teacher who grabbed her saying no one better touch your child. And this girl was in Pre-K/Kindergarten. Yeah, keep your little terrors at home. They're not going to learn at school anyway.

Yes because you know whether or not our children will learn based off of a video. Right.

They're not learning. And attitudes like this are the reason.
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 12:56am

Originally posted by Flowing-Ice Flowing-Ice wrote:

she had good points, but i feel like i would have gotten my ass kicked by my mom when i got home for doing that. 

it sounded like he tried to reprimand her being distracting students or something. 
some teachers go into public schools with defeat already on their mind. 
so they stop teaching, and at that point you're nothing but a babysitter. 

IA. I think some teachers, once they experience one bad seed, expect all to be like that. Seems like you have teachers who let students run over them and do whatever too because they probably feel like they don't make enough money to have to discipline kids or whatever the case may be.

I will say I think some just give up and let the students run over them IMO because they know if they say anything back or stand up for themselves....with ratchet kids...chances are the sh*t will escalate and the teacher'll be the one to get whacked.  

Teachers.....good teachers don't make what they deserve for the sh*t they gotta put up with from the majority of students these days. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 12:58am

right...no one said she didn't act extra...but to say she's unteachable and not smart is ridiculous.  she's a teenager.  teenagers can't always control their emotions.  automatically judging her based on how she looks and sounds, period.  

That man could not say anything while that girl was up there stomping and sweating and performing. How can you teach someone who is having a fit? How is that fair to the other children? I don't know if she needs to be in a special class or what (it's very possible) but I stand by my statement that she obviously is not suited to the program. What the problem is I cannot say but she needs to be dealt with.
niecy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote niecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 12:58am

I'm good. This shyt is just giving me flashbacks. Ignant ass, nonreading kids always disrupting class and by the time they're 4 years are up you know they ain't walk across nobody stage. Ish ain't cute. Confused

it seems like you're stereotyping someone you know nothing about.  all you know of her in this short clip is that she's saying she WANTS to learn...yet she's ignorant and nonreading?  okay.

Just like you stereotyped the teacher based on your past experiences when the student was clearly the one being disrespectful and disrupting the class just like the teacher said. That girl is bold and she has no home training. I'm not going to take her word on anything.

People praised her and said they would not punish their child for behaving like this. You don't have any proof he wasn't teaching. If my child ever misrepresented me like that in public (and no child of mine would) I would.............

I ain't raising no disrespectful hooligans. That girl thinks it is her place to address the teacher like that and she is bold enough to draw all that attention to herself therefore anything she has to say is null and void. That is not how sensible children act. Look at the other kids. They certainly didn't look like nerds but they had enough sense to stay in their seats and let that man do whatever he was doing. If that is how that child conducts herself I'm not interested in anything else she has to say. Let her mama home school her if she thinks it's cute.

And you have proof that he was? Not everyone was praising her. I even said in my original post she could've handled it differently. The others may not have been saying anything to the teacher but from the looks of it they most certainly weren't paying attention to him either if he was teaching otherwise they wouldnt have had cell phones out and all kinds of foolery
f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 12:59am
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

Originally posted by Flowing-Ice Flowing-Ice wrote:

she had good points, but i feel like i would have gotten my ass kicked by my mom when i got home for doing that. 

it sounded like he tried to reprimand her being distracting students or something. 
some teachers go into public schools with defeat already on their mind. 
so they stop teaching, and at that point you're nothing but a babysitter. 

IA. I think some teachers, once they experience one bad seed, expect all to be like that. Seems like you have teachers who let students run over them and do whatever too because they probably feel like they don't make enough money to have to discipline kids or whatever the case may be.

I will say I think some just give up and let the students run over them IMO because they know if they say anything back or stand up for themselves....with ratchet kids...chances are the sh*t will escalate and the teacher'll be the one to get whacked.  

Teachers.....good teachers don't make what they deserve for the sh*t they gotta put up with from the majority of students these days. 

You are always unbiased when you post. Clap

Quiann00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote Quiann00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 1:00am
If he was unable to control his classroom, a classroom full of students who look like they should know how to behave, really, who should be held accountable for that? If a teenager is coming to school acting an ass in class, the blame should never fall on the teacher, as if they are responsible for raising them. The most a teacher could say is stop, no and don't or leave the classroom.  If none of that works, what else could he do? Parents should be involved in their child's education.  They should also be concerned with whether their child is coming to school and contributing to a conducive learning environment.

Maybe he's unable to get through his lesson plans per day because he have to tell students constantly to stop talking or to leave his class.  That cuts into class time and in frustrates those who are really there to learn.  Being an educator is the most important job imo.  Yet they have to endure so much and get paid so little.

Edited by Quiann00 - Jan 10 2013 at 1:01am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style