BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Student Goes Off On Teacher For Not Teaching

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 24>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 9 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 1:27am
she was loud....she might be the next Delores C Tucker.  She might become somebody.  y'all might be disregarding the next great leader of our people. Stern Smile
Sponsored Links

Quiann00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Quiann00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 1:27am
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

but the problem is...some of you are automatically assuming the student was incorrect in her assessment solely based on her delivery.  i saw evidence of issues in that classroom and the teacher is not being called out on that just b/c we know that bad students exist.  is it wrong to assume fault on the teacher rather than the student?  

there are videos where i get the impression that the student is the one with all the issues...this isn't one of them.

I'm basing my assumptions off the video.  What I seen was her yelling and the young men that were video taping laughing and talking. One of the dudes was all the way turned around.  I seen the teacher trying to defuse the situation with her.  Should we expect him to be going through the process of Photosynthesis while she was having her tantrum?  If you have a full version of the video, please post it.

Edited by Quiann00 - Jan 10 2013 at 1:28am
SweetNovember* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 1:29am
Originally posted by BBpants BBpants wrote:

Originally posted by SweetNovember* SweetNovember* wrote:

It is the teacher's job to control the class. If some teachers can't control a class then it's not the right job for them. Let someone who knows how to teach and control the classroom replace them.

Or he can leave and go teach children whom at the ripe old age of 16 do not require babysitting. Like all the other teachers are doing. We lose again.

There is nothing to lose in this situation. The students are losing already by him not teaching anything lol

That's another assumption based on evidence you don't have.

That's funny. I can say the same damn thing to you! LOL

I'm assuming this girl is acting an ass without any evidence? Confused You have just experienced a logic fail. LOL

Yeah I am over this. I have to finish my yarn braids. It's been fun, guys. Carry on. Thumbs Up

f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 1:30am

If you think he is lacking anything when it comes to his teaching skills based on what you have seen of how this grown ass child chooses to behave then you should also be judging the majority of teachers out there because this is a common occurrence in inner city schools. What else do these kids have in common? Um, let's see. Behind in math, reading, science, and just about everything else. Not graduating, not going on to college, having babies at an early age...and this man is supposed to fix all of this in one semester??? It's his fault these children were not raised at home? He has his education already. You choose to question this man's skills and education because of how someone else raised their child? And then wonder why no one wants to teach these kids? When he can go somewhere else and get paid more while being respected and being allowed to perform his job duties without these kinds of distractions?
[/QUOTE]

They way you speak about these children disheartens meCry. They did not choose their upbringing or environment. But the teacher did choose his career. While I do agree that he has a lot to deal doesn't make it an excuse, for him not to do his best at work. Like I mentioned before, this video makes the young lady look bad. She needs to work on her presentation skills better. Even though these kids have a lot of rough backgrounds, does not make them unworthy of a descent education.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 1:32am

If you think he is lacking anything when it comes to his teaching skills based on what you have seen of how this grown ass child chooses to behave then you should also be judging the majority of teachers out there because this is a common occurrence in inner city schools. What else do these kids have in common? Um, let's see. Behind in math, reading, science, and just about everything else. Not graduating, not going on to college, having babies at an early age...and this man is supposed to fix all of this in one semester??? It's his fault these children were not raised at home? He has his education already. You choose to question this man's skills and education because of how someone else raised their child? And then wonder why no one wants to teach these kids? When he can go somewhere else and get paid more while being respected and being allowed to perform his job duties without these kinds of distractions?

i want to teach these kids and have enjoyed the experiences i've gathered thus far.

a lot of inner city teachers think just like you...classroom full of lost causes.  fck em.  that's been the problem since schools were integrated.  the system was broken before this girl was even born. 

i agree that parents hold the blame for a lot too.

BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote BBpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 1:32am

It is the teacher's job to control the class. If some teachers can't control a class then it's not the right job for them. Let someone who knows how to teach and control the classroom replace them.

Or he can leave and go teach children whom at the ripe old age of 16 do not require babysitting. Like all the other teachers are doing. We lose again.

There is nothing to lose in this situation. The students are losing already by him not teaching anything lol

That's another assumption based on evidence you don't have.

That's funny. I can say the same damn thing to you! LOL

I'm assuming this girl is acting an ass without any evidence? Confused You have just experienced a logic fail. LOL

Yeah I am over this. I have to finish my yarn braids. It's been fun, guys. Carry on. Thumbs Up

No, you're assuming that this girl is a ignorant fool, who can't read or write......And you know what happens when people assume, right? They make an ass out of themselves like you clearly are.
SweetNovember* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 1:35am
Originally posted by f8dagrate f8dagrate wrote:

They way you speak about these children disheartens meCry. They did not choose their upbringing or environment. But the teacher did choose his career. While I do agree that he has a lot to deal doesn't make it an excuse, for him not to do his best at work. Like I mentioned before, this video makes the young lady look bad. She needs to work on her presentation skills better. Even though these kids have a lot of rough backgrounds, does not make them unworthy of a descent education.
[/QUOTE]

You're right and I'm sorry but that ish was just so bold and disrespectful and common and it made me mad to see people praising it.
niecy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote niecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 1:36am
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

but the problem is...some of you are automatically assuming the student was incorrect in her assessment solely based on her delivery.  i saw evidence of issues in that classroom and the teacher is not being called out on that just b/c we know that bad students exist.  is it wrong to assume fault on the teacher rather than the student?  

there are videos where i get the impression that the student is the one with all the issues...this isn't one of them.

This. Was she wrong for feeling like she needs to be taught or that she isn't learning anything? NO. Could her delivery of how she felt have been better? YES. Obviously her feeling that way didn't come from nowhere, something had to spark it. And even if he HAD been teaching like he was supposed to, as a teacher you have to learn to be versatile with your teaching styles. Not all students learn the same way, just because Joey can easily pick up just from hearing the teacher lecture alone doesn't mean Brittany can. Brittany may be hands on and needs to see it written or drawn out on the board.
f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 1:36am

Originally posted by f8dagrate f8dagrate wrote:

You're right and I'm sorry but that ish was just so bold and disrespectful and common and it made me mad to see people praising it.
[/QUOTE]

Hug
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 1:36am
smh.  all your rants about them being unteachable, illiterate, dumb, etc just proved the point of this entire thread though.  
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Make Them Stare Hair
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 24>
  Share Topic