FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Strong, Smart, Beautiful?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>

Author
*Belle*Femme* View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote *Belle*Femme* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 9:08am

Our black girls need to be told how beautiful they are ALL THE TIME!!!!!!

Edited by *Belle*Femme* - Nov 14 2012 at 9:08am
Sponsored Links

OoDles O View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote OoDles O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 9:10am
*sigh

listen... this is hyper feminism gone wild ..
its.. As if the president is sexualizing his daughters ...wtf?

If Michelle was President and had two sons... she wouldve said the same thing and replaced beautiful with handsome ... and not an issue would've been made. 

Edited by OoDles O - Nov 14 2012 at 9:11am
babyk94 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babyk94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 9:11am
Originally posted by *Belle*Femme* *Belle*Femme* wrote:

Our black girls need to be told how beautiful they are ALL THE TIME!!!!!!

IA building up their self esteem is very important
babyk94 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babyk94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 9:12am
Originally posted by freedom76 freedom76 wrote:

Originally posted by babyk94 babyk94 wrote:

My father tells me I'm smart and beautiful I think it's sweet Smile

Both my parents still do. I actually call my mother beautiful every time I speak to her as well. One of the best things about my dad is he has little to no sexism in his heart and head. He calls me beautiful and at the same time tells me to use my noggin (his word) in each and every situation. I know he isn't looking at me thinking "man she is screwed when if her looks changes"
Thanked and Samehere Smile
OoDles O View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OoDles O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 9:28am
Originally posted by Positive K Positive K wrote:

Originally posted by beebeexx beebeexx wrote:

Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

Originally posted by beebeexx beebeexx wrote:

I see her point but I think she's taking too stringent a view of "beautiful".
cause it's definitely true he wouldn't be up there congratulating his sons on being handsome.

A mother would. 

while I find it hard to believe a mother, president of a country, a company, or what have you would be going on about her sons intellect and strength of character and mixing handsome up in there. they just don't equate.
but for some reason, for women it does.

butttt that aside the article is looking at a patriarchal view (society >> women/ man >> father) so what a woman would do in terms of her son is irrelevant.

u find it hard to believe cause u on that fake feminism bs

Right... 

I find it hard to believe that any LOVING mother witnessing their sons transition of growth and maturity, would not find their growing sons to be handsome young men. 

Even Grandmothers ,aunts ect can experience this

and lets not even get into patriarchy .... which is such a linear point of view ...
BrownQtee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrownQtee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 9:39am
I didn't bother to research the writer of this article. So i'm going to assume she is ugly as all hell. Usually those that aren't aesthetically pleasing to the eye, always have something negative to say about "beauty". Have a damn seat.
tasty0619 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote tasty0619 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 9:49am
^^Lol!!

Was I wrong to assume she is white? (A lot of times) BW know what it means to have your father say you are beautiful and how that can make or break young ladies.
SimplyPut View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SimplyPut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 10:16am
My father, grandfather, uncles, aunts, and mother all call me beautiful. I don't even take it in a "darn I'm fine" kind of way. Wasn't Christina Auguliera's song Beauty like the feminist and gay anthem at one boy and time? People are going to hurt themselves reachingSleepy
Faithfully2002 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faithfully2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 10:38am
Originally posted by ShadyLady ShadyLady wrote:

A father can't call his children beautiful?!

People need hobbies these days.
Az~Maverick View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Az~Maverick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 11:28am
I've NEVER had a problem with telling BOTH my 19 & 20 (boy & girl) year old how beautiful/handsome, intelligent, and awesome they are since they were little. It became second nature to me to do that. And to this day, I STILL do it, so the author is definitely on some stuff that I cannot relate to.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic