Strong, Smart, Beautiful?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
ceme View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ceme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 1:26am
Say hello to Alice
What a shocker
Sponsored Links

rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 1:35am
It was actually defiant to say that about black girls, not Anglo Saxon patriarchal in my opinion
exoticmami06 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote exoticmami06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 1:35am

oh brother.

I believe someone once said it's good to tell your daughters they're beautiful, as much as possible, so she doesnt fall for every man out here that tells her she's beautiful just to get in her pants.

ImThatDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote ImThatDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 1:43am
It's not like he was complimenting some random strangers, he was complimenting his children, the two girls he helped create. he has every right to brag about any aspect of them he sees fit. Bitch have a seat, have a seat!Pinch
**Sk!TtLeS B** View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote **Sk!TtLeS B** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 1:46am
Originally posted by ceme ceme wrote:

Say hello to Alice
What a shocker

It was evident that she was white. I just cant see a black woman, or any woman of color, complaining about a man who is present in his children's lives and calling his daughters, who dont fit into the eurocentric standard of beauty, beautiful young ladies. 

Edited by **Sk!TtLeS B** - Nov 14 2012 at 1:47am
beebeexx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beebeexx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 2:06am
I see her point but I think she's taking too stringent a view of "beautiful".
cause it's definitely true he wouldn't be up there congratulating his sons on being handsome.
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 2:07am
Originally posted by beebeexx beebeexx wrote:

cause it's definitely true he wouldn't be up there congratulating his sons on being handsome.

A mother would. 
**Sk!TtLeS B** View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote **Sk!TtLeS B** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 2:12am

How do you know? Also, he didnt "congratulate" them. He said that they've grown into strong, smart and beautiful young women. If they were boys, he would've said that they've grown into strong, smart and handsome young men. These are the things people say about their kids.
beebeexx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beebeexx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 2:12am
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

A mother would. 

while I find it hard to believe a mother, president of a country, a company, or what have you would be going on about her sons intellect and strength of character and mixing handsome up in there. they just don't equate.
but for some reason, for women it does.

butttt that aside the article is looking at a patriarchal view (society >> women/ man >> father) so what a woman would do in terms of her son is irrelevant.

afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 2:17am
She'd get more cosiggies if it wasn't Barack
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>