Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Color
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Stripping Black Dye

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Itwaskeisha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Itwaskeisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stripping Black Dye
    Posted: Dec 24 2013 at 7:33pm
So my hair is bleached and I'm dying it jet black just because I'm getting braids. So I want to know...how to get the dye out when I take my braids out so you can see my color again. I know they're hair stripping kits but which one??? And DYI remedies but I don't need all my hair on the floor! Help please
Sponsored Links

Lisho1111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisho1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2013 at 2:22pm
Hey hey

I may be wrong but i imagine if you dye bleached hair you'd have to do the same process you used to be bleach it that colour initially. I dont think you could use a stripping kit to get the exact bleached colour back...you'd end up with a very odd colour that would need some sort of subsequent colouring.
Not an expert so i may be wrong...
Anyone else?
X

Edited by Lisho1111 - Dec 28 2013 at 2:23pm
french_vanilla1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote french_vanilla1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2014 at 10:17pm
Hmm, you've probably already gone and colored it but to take that black out you're gonna have to bleach it out. That's what those stripping kits are, just with a diff level of developer. I would strongly advise against this. I've seen hair turn to overcooked noodles or just melt clean off from too much processing. A good way to see if your hair can handle all this would be to do a strand test. Cut off a bit of your hair from somewhere not easily noticed and then see what happens when you re-bleach to get the black out.
happygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2014 at 9:13pm
I would suggest you not do that. Black is such a dominate color and the molecules that make up the color are big and not easy to shed from the hair. Black is a color you need to be very sure about because it's no coming back without a lot of damage. The hair will turn pink before it go blonde because you natural pigment will have to swell so big that it can absorb more light but that black will not totally go away. It will leave like a reddish orange color that will look pink when wet. Don't do it.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic