Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedStringy ends Help!

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
cookingirl View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stringy ends Help!
    Posted: Jul 28 2007 at 6:17pm
Ok I straightened my hair for about 2 months now. I had nice curls perfect. Now when its wet the ends are stringy and dont' curl up. I only blow dry it and use a flat iron and it seems as if the ends have become permanantely straightened. Other than cutting my hair off what can I do to get it to reverse itself. I like to change up and straightening it was a nice change but now I am missin my curls! Any help would be appreciated!
Sponsored Links

Pokahontas View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2007 at 7:54am
It sounds like you could have heat damage which is permanent.  I've had it and I had to grow it out just like a relaxer.  Try doing a protein and deep conditioning treatment.  That might help some but if it's heat damage there isn't much you can do.  Sorry about this.  I know how it is.
MzArie View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2007 at 9:39am
Yeah pokahantas is right.....did you use a lot of heat protectant when you straightened?
carli_80 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2007 at 11:48am
When I have stringy ends before i decide I need a trim I do a deep conditioning of some sort ( hot oil treatment or conditioner) most of the time it helps, the times it doesnt i know i need a trim.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 30 2007 at 5:48pm
Originally posted by carli_80 carli_80 wrote:

When I have stringy ends before i decide I need a trim I do a deep conditioning of some sort ( hot oil treatment or conditioner) most of the time it helps, the times it doesnt i know i need a trim.
Thanks to you both. I have been trimming the ends especially the ones that look thin. I am going to wash it and see how it looks now that I've trimmed off some of it.   (thank God its only on the ends. I have been using Optimum reconstructor.   Any other product suggestions would help. I've had such nice hair growth and don't want to lose my hair AGAIN!    Thanks again!
CurlyBri77 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 15 2008 at 9:52am
I have the same thing going on with my curls- and yes like poka said its heat damage- what i do is- manually curl some of the ends- with my finger and some gel or conditioner- u can use ur finger and curl around and blow dry a lil= a little time consuming  but it works-(im guess some of the ends are curling well)

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 18 2008 at 1:54pm
It took me until now to get that mess offa my hair.  I flat ironed it for a couple of months cause I liked how it looked but it is he-- on the hair.  It definitely was heat damage.  It looked like I had put a perm on the ends.  I had to trim it all off bit by bit.  I have put no heat on it but blow dryer since I posted this in July.  I also stopped using permanent color (which added to the stringiness and straightening out my curls) and started using henna and indigo.  My curls are all back and happy again.  Thanks!
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic