Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Strict Parenting

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
lovelife View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovelife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 3:37pm
middle ground

school - rigid

responsibilities/respect - rigid

going out/having fun/extra-curricular activities - free within reason

clothes - stylish, yet polished. no booty shorts, cleavage, sagging - again, free within reason

sex - rigid - they will get the sex talk and there will be open discussions. if i see them going in the wrong direction, i will make them start baby sitting to see how much they DO NOT want a baby. I used to have to take care of my cousin's baby. I'm 22. Do not want (at least not right now).
Sponsored Links

IslandSuga View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IslandSuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 8:57am
strict to a certain extent. as long as you do what you're supposed to do (being respectful, chores, school work, etc) then we should have no problems.

going out-limited but able to have fun

sex-rigid and age appropriate talks from elementary-high school

clothes-polished but able to express themselves as long as it isn't vulgar

discipline-spanking when necessary but not abuse.
BeatriceBean View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeatriceBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 9:29am
The difference between the two parenting styles leaves a great deal of middle ground, and I believe that my style with my children was somewhere in the middle...leaning toward strict in some aspects and leaning toward lenient in others.

We did let our children know that my husband and I are their parents, we are the authority in our household and that while we were raising them that we believe that our judgment is best. However, we didn't want to exercise our authority as parents through fear and we wanted our kids to know that they could come to us with anything.

Our parents were very austere disciplinarians and we both knew that their parenting wasn't something that we wanted to mimick.

I'd like to think that we did a good job.
nycdiva357 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nycdiva357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 9:51am
in the middle like i was raised.
i think everything bbean posted rings true for my parents
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair