Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Strict Parenting

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
babyk94 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babyk94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by Flowing-Ice Flowing-Ice wrote:

Originally posted by babyk94 babyk94 wrote:

Originally posted by Prazol60 Prazol60 wrote:

I see myself as in the middle, I was told I was strict my by father-in-law. I just don't go for is laissez faire way of parenting. I give age appropriate time-outs, help clean the house, put up your toys before bed and we eat at the table. Everything has a time and place. When you are having a bad day or ill then I am more free but only then. 

i don't think kids should do any labor. like i know that sounds weird, but i don't. 
No cleaning at all?

not really. unless they made like this huge big mess. 

Wow that is sweet of you Your kids will be so happy lol
Sponsored Links

James Avery View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Avery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by Random Thoughts Random Thoughts wrote:

I know a dude who said his dad was cheating on his step mom. One night, the son and his daddy left together to supposedly spend some quality time together. Instead, the father was really going to see his side chick, and he took his son with him. The son lost his virginity with the daughter of the side chick. Daddy in one room. Son in the other.

The son was like 16 or so. Then they came home together as if they had just been to a basketball game or something.

LOL

a moment they'll never forget. i bet it brought them a lot closer too.
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 1:17pm

kids need chores

so when they go off to college, your kids won't know how to do laundry, cook on a hot plate, sweep?

chores help kids learn how to take care of themselves or will they have maid and butlers for the rest of their lives?

Edited by SamoneLenior - Nov 28 2012 at 1:17pm
Flowing-Ice View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flowing-Ice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 1:17pm

Originally posted by Prazol60 Prazol60 wrote:

I see myself as in the middle, I was told I was strict my by father-in-law. I just don't go for is laissez faire way of parenting. I give age appropriate time-outs, help clean the house, put up your toys before bed and we eat at the table. Everything has a time and place. When you are having a bad day or ill then I am more free but only then. 

i don't think kids should do any labor. like i know that sounds weird, but i don't. 
No cleaning at all?

not really. unless they made like this huge big mess. 

Wow that is sweet of you Your kids will be so happy lol
yes. and like a good west indian parent, i will guilt them with it for the rest of their lives. LOL
Chyna_Li View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Chyna_Li Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

Originally posted by James Avery James Avery wrote:

i never got rewarded for having good grades so i never pushed myself in school.

That's not why you didn't push yourself in school.

yeah, what's the real reason James

great minds think alike. lol
laceyfront View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote laceyfront Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 1:19pm
Too strict and the kids rebel as soon as they're out of your site. Too lenient and the they slap you in the mouf while stealing from your purse.
Chyna_Li View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Chyna_Li Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 1:20pm

kids need chores

so when they go off to college, your kids won't know how to do laundry, cook on a hot plate, sweep?

chores help kids learn how to take care of themselves or will they have maid and butlers for the rest of their lives?

YESSSSSSSSSSSS honey.
I couldnt stand my lazy ass roommates.
didnt know how to clean..refused to clean...half ass clean.
one of them her mom came and cleaned her room and packed her ish up for her when it was time to move rooms.
Chyna_Li View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Chyna_Li Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by laceyfront laceyfront wrote:

Too strict and the kids rebel as soon as they're out of your site. Too lenient and the they slap you in the mouf while stealing from your purse.

fckin hilarious.
my mom was super strict and i didnt rebel. hell, when i left for college i was a hermit crab b/c I wasnt used to having some sort of freedom.
Flowing-Ice View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Flowing-Ice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 1:23pm

kids need chores

sure, they can get a crash course when they're ready to go.
but these aren't things that need practice. these are things that you follow directions for.

their edumacation, extra curricular activities and creative development is much more important to me. 

Edited by Flowing-Ice - Nov 28 2012 at 1:27pm
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 1:26pm
As far as chores go I didn't have a much to do. She likes cleaning and cooking and she worked hours that she could do it all.
I kow how to clean since my mom was a clean freak
But We just just to to maintain stuff.
Or clean for punishment.

I never did laundry or anything like that.
But if my sock draw was a mess or my clothes weren't hung right.
She'd dump the whole thing put and I'd have to correct it.

Edited by jonesable - Nov 28 2012 at 1:26pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style