Topic ClosedStretchers Support Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 154>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
Khaiya View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2009 at 11:23am
Lets get it on ladies, i'm 2 weeks post an my edges are acting up already! My hair has never, ever grown so fast!
Sponsored Links

TheLovelyLaVern View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2009 at 11:29am
ok, thanks alot Khaiya! Smile
TheLovelyLaVern View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2009 at 11:31am
Originally posted by Khaiya Khaiya wrote:

I dont think there's a "perfect" stretch LaVern, it will vary from head to head. To prevent overlapping and overprocessing i think you should wait AT LEAST 8 weeks though, prevously my longest stretch was 7 weeks, but i can see where it has damaged my hair so thats why i'm trying to stretch as long as i can now, see how much relaxer damage i can undo.

so glad you told me this! thanks alot Khaiya!!!!Smile
Khaiya View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2009 at 11:36am
The longer you can go the better for your hair. But dont get so determined to stretch that you ignore any breakage. I'm going for AT LEAST 4 months....maybe longer but the first sign of breakage that i see, i'm running to the hair dresser!
lndnwll View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2009 at 1:32pm
Hello ladies. I have a question for all of you who are stretching.

How do you stretch without the breakage? I am 5 weeks post and my hair is so dry and beginning to break off every where. I know that I need to add a water based moisturizer to my regimine, which is what I am going to do this evening, however, I hate stretching. I have fine hair, so I know my hair needs extra attention, but I am just learning what to do with it. Right now my hair looks really damaged...so I hardly like to wear it out. However because it is so short, I have no other way to wear it. Phony ponies arent good for my hair because it pulls my hair out. But what do you all do in order to prevent the breakage?
Mocchachica View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2009 at 1:40pm
Ooh ladies, I caved... well kind of... I didn't relax, but I'm installing a weave tonight. I had to put that hair away!

Anyway Khaiya, I went to 4 different BBS's today and could not find the Cantu Shea Butter and after a dilapidated looking braidout this morning I just couldn't deal anymore...Cry  I feel kinda bad, I only had 2 weeks to go till my relaxer day. On the other hand, now I can stretch for at least 2 extra weeks, making the stretch 10 weeks instead of 8...Wink
Khaiya View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2009 at 1:42pm
lndnwll, i'm not the best one to answer your question, so i hope some of the experts will chime in. My longest stretch so far has been 7 weeks so i'm definitely not the authority. I've started combing my hair only on wash days and that has been helping A LOT. Its harder for you i guess because your hair is shorter, i just comb mine into a bun on wash days and it stays that way until next wash day. A lot of people say cowashing is great for stretching though, it keeps the hair moisturized and easier to detangle. If you want to wear your hair down, you can comb it down on wash days an leave it too. If i plan to wear my hair down i just comb it all down on wash days and leave it or i wrap it while i'm still under the water. Like i said, i have very little experience in this area so wait for the pros to come through.
lndnwll View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2009 at 2:00pm
Yeah it is hard for me. I comb my hair every day and every day I see hair in the sink. My hair would be shoulder length if it werent for all of the layers that i have. The beautician cut it that way... But IDK, I know i could stretch as long as I needed too... But what happens is, the new growth is of course way thicker than my permed hair and it makes my hair look really poofy. I would put it in a pony tail but I have a LONELY tail so it does not look right at all! Shoot... I don't know what to do with this head of mine. It gets to a certain length, starts to break off and then I have to cut it all over again. I just had it cut a week or two before thanksgiving. It was ear length... well a little below my ears, and it is back at shoulder length but looks horrible. so I may end up cutting it again.. UGHH!
Khaiya View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2009 at 2:11pm
what about protective styles lndnwll? Like braids or wigs, (wigs preferrably, i'm scared of how tight they always do my braids) I understand if you're like me though and hate not being able to go in your hair. For that reason i cant do braids or wigs but you can twist your hair or get corn rows or something. The most important things is moisture and low manipulation. Stretchers also recommend you do protein treatments to keep your relaxed hair strong to lessen breakage. Are you sure your breakage is just a result of stretching or is it breaking otherwise and just worsens when you stretch?
lndnwll View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2009 at 2:28pm

I would put braids in but when I take them out it looks like my hair is running away from my edges. LOL! It really breaks my hair off in too many places. Wigs... It've tried them... Not really a fan... But maybe I will try them again. I know once I get a perm, the breaking stops for a while. I usually wont see any breaking until around this time. I did a protein treatment but I think it may have been too much protein for my hair because my hair hasn't been the same since last week when I did it. It made my hair really rough. I went to get a  DC and a leave in, but not even that worked. My hair is terribly dry... So I figured that this evening, I will go and get some s-curl moisturizer and use that daily to see if it will stop the breakage. I heard of that as well as the shea butter moisturizer. But I think I am going for the s-curl to soften up my roots. They are growing in so thick that it has my scalp sore. What is so funny to me though, is how thick it is until I relax the roots. Then it is thin all over again. smh...

Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 154>
  Share Topic