BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Skin Care > Skin Care - General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Stretch Marks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
lovelyjourney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovelyjourney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2009 at 2:12pm
shea butter does not remove stretch marks
i dont think anything does
before you spend your money please ask people for pictures of proof

Sponsored Links

estrange View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote estrange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2009 at 3:52pm
Skin brushing  supposedly helps the appearance of stretch marks. I started a few days ago and I'm hoping to see some positive difference on my hips and butt--didn't even know I had stretch marks there until I started brushing, lol.
emmawatson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emmawatson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2010 at 4:38am
Stretch marks can be described as lines on the surface of the skin, with a little risqué. These lines are mainly in the abdominal wall below the navel, but may also occur in the thighs and breasts. Although pregnancy is the leading cause of stretch marks, other reasons include weight gain or loss, rapid growth (especially teenagers), the factors of heredity, stress and changes in physical conditions. To know more visit http://beautyskincare.us
brewsterbaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brewsterbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 11 2010 at 8:38pm
Originally posted by SimplyJess SimplyJess wrote:

I also heard that Vaporub works too.

I just read up on the Vicks Vapor Rub & most people say that it really works. I wish I'd read this before purchasing Bio-oil. I am going to give it (vicks) a try.
SeXxiLuV818 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeXxiLuV818 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2011 at 1:38am
There's a whole lot of ladies on this post saying Vicks Vapor rub works wonders for them
Peachi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peachi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2011 at 4:33pm

Here is what works. I did a rotation at a burn icu and when we send pts home we would always tell them to use shea butter or cocoa butter on the scars 3x a day.
So one day I asked the doc "so shea butter really helps remove scars?"....now he's like 60-something yr old burn surgeon so I assume he's seen his fair share of scars on patients pre/post burn.

I thought he would say "YES" and I'll feel happy about what I do at home. Instead he said "NO". He said what works is the "massaging" of the skin when you apply lotion/cream. It doesn't matter what you use as long as you spend time each day massaging the area to generate new skin cells? I guess.
So doing this several times a day will help stimulate skincell turnover and viola...new skin...less visible scar. Clap Makes sense.

Now I still use my shea butter and cocoa butter mostly because the consistency (they are hard like butter but melt easily) aides in the "massaging" of my skin. If I use a lotion, I realize I don't spend as much time massaging the lotion into my skin. But with the hard butters, it's like I'm kneading my skin which is good and helps stimulate it a bit better and it takes longer to do.

Hope that helps.  Not to say some products don't have beneficial intrinsic properties for scars (like vit e,shea butter, cocoa butter) but nothing is scientifically proven and if it is, they have to somehow find a way to claim it does so by removing the confounding factor of  "skin massage" involved in the application of the product to your skin...

Edited by Peachi - Jan 30 2011 at 4:34pm
breBR3bre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote breBR3bre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2011 at 5:38pm
I have stretch marks all over and it really kills my self-confidence. I espescially hate the ones on my arms and the back of my legs. Coco Butter worked for the stretch marks on my stretch marks between my thighs but no where else. I'm going to start derma rolling and using Japanese Camelia Kissi Oil, it's supposed to penetrate deeper than any other oil.
Tantrum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tantrum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2011 at 2:08am
gunna get back on the vapor rub... summer is fast approaching....
traccy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote traccy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 14 2011 at 3:44am
 you can be removed with a natural skin care treatment,stretch mark cream, laser treatment or stretch mark surgery.you have some advice to your doctor and treatment to your skin.

vertical jump exercises

K-Lady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K-Lady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 09 2011 at 10:22am
Originally posted by Peachi Peachi wrote:

Here is what works. I did a rotation at a burn icu and when we send pts home we would always tell them to use shea butter or cocoa butter on the scars 3x a day.
So one day I asked the doc "so shea butter really helps remove scars?"....now he's like 60-something yr old burn surgeon so I assume he's seen his fair share of scars on patients pre/post burn.

I thought he would say "YES" and I'll feel happy about what I do at home. Instead he said "NO". He said what works is the "massaging" of the skin when you apply lotion/cream. It doesn't matter what you use as long as you spend time each day massaging the area to generate new skin cells? I guess.
So doing this several times a day will help stimulate skincell turnover and viola...new skin...less visible scar. Clap Makes sense.

Now I still use my shea butter and cocoa butter mostly because the consistency (they are hard like butter but melt easily) aides in the "massaging" of my skin. If I use a lotion, I realize I don't spend as much time massaging the lotion into my skin. But with the hard butters, it's like I'm kneading my skin which is good and helps stimulate it a bit better and it takes longer to do.

Hope that helps.  Not to say some products don't have beneficial intrinsic properties for scars (like vit e,shea butter, cocoa butter) but nothing is scientifically proven and if it is, they have to somehow find a way to claim it does so by removing the confounding factor of  "skin massage" involved in the application of the product to your skin...

Peachi - thanks for providing this information... I like facts! Geek  And I do understand that the massaging the skin helps to stimulate new skin cells.. it makes perfect sense.  Also not discounting the shea butter method.. it incorporates what product works best to create successful results.  

I have some on my tummy area and my arms from my 80lb loss of weight and my after my daughter.. they have lightened up after I did a 6mos regimen of Palmer's stretch mark cream... I will invest in the raw shea butter to see if I can get better results.

This is a great/helpful thread!Tongue
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System