Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Skin Care > Skin Care - General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Stretch Marks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
lamexicana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lamexicana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stretch Marks
    Posted: Dec 10 2008 at 3:11am
What is the best way to get rid of stretch marks?  Does anyone have a routine or a method that they have tried that produces effective results??? Please do share.
Sponsored Links

Im_A_Diva View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Im_A_Diva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2008 at 10:09pm
Use unrefined shea butter - try not to use products that contain sheabutter but add many chemicals in them, as shea butter works to its full potential.

If you can't get access to unrefined sheabutter...ebay...lol then go out and look for local products on the shelves and check the ingredients list and MAKE SURE that sheabutter is at the top of the list (they display ingredients in the order of what product is most in it).

I hope that was understandable.

And of course sheabutter solves all problems Wink

Edited by Im_A_Diva - Dec 23 2008 at 10:12pm
Ronamc88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ronamc88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2009 at 5:26am
Does anyone else have the calf stretch marks?! Unhappy Back home I had to wear a uniform and never had a prob until in my last year when I noticed they'd popped up! I am SO aware of them! I have makeup that I use to cover up on those rare occassions I decide to show my legs.

After trying a lot of stuff (including Bio Oil) i've decided to try laser treatments in a couple months. I might try the Sheabutter too 

**Lord help me!!!**  
ciabebabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ciabebabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2009 at 5:33am

Edited by ciabebabe - Jan 06 2010 at 6:29am
Ronamc88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ronamc88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2009 at 5:39am
"...Literally look like claw marks from a vicious animal" LOLClap

I know!
I'll def post sth after I go under the laser!
ciabebabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ciabebabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2009 at 6:14am
.]

Edited by ciabebabe - Jan 06 2010 at 6:38am
Ronamc88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ronamc88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2009 at 6:40am
At first it wasn't safe for us ppls...Disapprove *ahem

But there are machines now that won't scar us. The prob is that the lasers pick up the pigment in the hair and vaporize it (blonde folks would not b desireable candidates Big%20smile) Darker skin would attract the rays in the past and then 'bun wi up'.

I know it's safe because I actually went in for a consultation at two laser health clinics in my area and got spot tests done - no burning or purpurri (purpori?) - the purplish color resulting from bruises which means blood vessels burst and pooled under the skin.

If and when u decide to get laser - ask them if it's safe for u...let em show u pics of blk ppl they've treated and get a spot test! If they tell u that u don't need a spot test...RUN!!! One clinic actually told me that...and I was like - BYE (their website said they'd do it if there were concerns)  - On top of all the little things I have 'wrong' with me - I DON'T need a new scar that'll take a year to fade...Dead

ETA: I plan to get it done in March...but def b4 summer Tongue

Edited by Ronamc88 - Jan 08 2009 at 6:43am
MimisClone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MimisClone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2009 at 11:19pm
Hmm... I'm thinking bout trying a TCA peel... anyone heard anything about that? I used a derma roller with mederma maybe... 3 times and seen a slight difference in the texture mostly. 
LaceWigNurse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaceWigNurse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2009 at 8:10pm
Strivectin SD.....THE best this period for Stretch Mark fading.... and its AMAZING
Ronamc88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ronamc88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2009 at 1:55am
O geez - o yes - in my quest i've heard of strivectin!!! My thing is - do I wanna commit to the rubbing? I always seem to fall off my routines! Did it work for u or someone u know 'lace'? Honestly...if I could get a calf transplant - I would.

I have also heard of the peel and IMO ppl always get different results (as with everything else). Anything tried is something good if it means it might work. I know i'm not gonna be at ease till I can wear shorts and not have my striations on the forefront of my mind!!! Cry
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
  Share Topic