Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Stretch 4 Length Challenge (w/straight plates)

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
thelurkingKind View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thelurkingKind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stretch 4 Length Challenge (w/straight plates)
    Posted: May 19 2014 at 2:28pm
For the past 3 years I have worn my hair in its natural state 99 % of the time and have retained an okay amount of length with the help of protective styles. From my experience and others, it seems that wearing kinky hair in a stretched state (braids, twists, blown out...) lend to better retention IOW less chance of single strand knots, matting, dryness. 

I had a eureka moment after stalking err viewing the cwk straight plates videos!

Wearing my hair straight for a few months for better retention without the risk of heat damage may be what the trichologist ordered ;-) 

Anyone up for a challenge? 

Challenge rules:
Use straight plates after shampooing or co-washing 
Share starting before/after "straight plate" photos
Check in at least bi weekly

Challenge date: August-December 
Note: challenge is of course open to relaxed heads as well! 
Link to kickstarter/pre-order, the campaign has already reached half it's goal in only two days. So get yours before it's too late. 

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1855194586/cwk-straight-plates-straighten-hair-without-heat

Edited by thelurkingKind - May 19 2014 at 8:26pm
Sponsored Links

LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2014 at 8:05am
I would DEFINITELY like to join this challenge thelurkingkind! I love keeping my hair smooth and oiled then bunned or something most of the time for the reasons you mentioned.  I either wrap at night, bun or  you can do a braid to protect over night. And I always use a satin bonnet. It is good for length retention, less knots, etc. I will pre order my CWK Plates after I pay some bills at the beginning of the month and I am in!

Order your plates here:

Edited by LadyAradia - May 25 2014 at 10:22am
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 4:03pm
I see people are using 1" elastic to do banding to stretch the hair also. I never would have thought to use such wide strips of elastic from the fabric store to stretch the hair.

Usually people use skinny bands but the wide ones can cover the entire hair strand  continuously from root to tip leaving no open gaps between bands. The wider 1 inch bands can even overlap each other as you wrap down leaving NO GAPS whatsoever kind of like a mummy wrap and thereby create a much smoother effect than these skinny bands below.

I will definitely buy a roll of this 1" elastic from walmart to band my pony tails from root to tip when I air dry my hair in pony tails Thumbs Up

Someone is selling them on etsy but I will just buy a roll of 1 inch wide elastic from Walmart and make my own LOL

PS Unfortunately I did not get to pre order my CWK plates although I love the idea. So I will just buy a  roll of  1 " wide elastic from walmart to make bands to stretch my hair in ponytails instead for now.

Edited by LadyAradia - Jun 10 2014 at 4:41pm
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2014 at 1:30am
She raised 22k so far. It ends on Monday.
ChubbyYeti View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChubbyYeti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 3:39pm
I would like to join this challenge.

I found out about the kickstarter after it ended, but she still let me order after I emailed her.  I can't wait to get them.  I've seriouslly damaged my ends with my flat iron and straighening brush and now need to go get an inch cut off.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic