Forum LockedStress and Hair

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
Miss Jones View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2009 at 11:09pm
actually for me i think bein stressed helped my hair, i went thru a rough patch from feb till april and bcuz i was stressed and upset i completely forgot about my hair, i mean i washed it and dc as usual but otha than that i jus left it alone and afta i finally started feeling better and gettin a handle on my life again i notice my hair looked and felt better, like i gave it a much needed break
Sponsored Links

MuayThaiLadii View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2009 at 7:40am
Miss Jones that makes sense its just that you still condition did the small things that improve your hair.

Faith283, that sounds great too I will try that this weekend I might even try a massage this weekend at a SPA for the first time.

I let things irritate me sooo bad ( I really need to work on that )

Thank ya'll for your comments and advice its greatly appreciated
Cookie4XO View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2009 at 11:13am
Stress definitely affects your hair but it does different things to different people. I don't know who posted it, but I have also gotten a completely baby smooth bald patch in the middle of the back of my head about the size of a silver dollar twice in my life from severe stress. I mean it was the kind of stress that was keeping me up at night. Both times, I just happened to feel back one day and it would be a smooth perfect circle like a baby's bottom (lol). Then after the stress was over, it would grow right back out again. It's really weird and crazy, I just thank God it happened in the back and not on the crown or something where I would be looking really crazy.
keishe83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2009 at 12:20pm
Stress can def. take your hair out. So try relieving that stress somehow.
thatnyckhick View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2009 at 12:22pm
being stressed out def. affects my hair...it affects my health over-all...i remember a while back, around the beginning of the yr. I was going to class full-time, work full-time, and had internship hours to complete...I was hyper and tired at the same time, add on top of that I was about five months post...it was terrible...my hair just started to shed more, or maybe it was breakage...i posted a thread around then wondering if it was the stretching, if I had gone too long w/o relaxing

To counter-act everything I just started deep conditioning more...I made it a point to come home, get in a hot bath, and just sit until the water got cold lol...when I did that I dc'ed and everything worked itself out in the end 
Mz.Precious View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2009 at 9:09pm

yes stress affects the hair, i went through a 6 month period of some serious stress i had sl hair and went to a small fro with my front edges gone most of my breakage was on my left side of my and i started to loosed the hearing in my  left ear and i was really able to eat. stress affects ppl different.

val48066 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2009 at 2:00pm
Well, my fiance and I both got laid off. As a result, we had to cancel our Jamaican wedding and honeymoon because we need to use the wedding money to pay for rent and food and whatnot. I had to throw away expensive invitations and cancel my beautiful wedding dress. When I attempted to do my hair last week, I ended up with a handful of hair in my hand. So, I think stress definitely impacts people's hair.

You'd think that with this and the other issues we have that I could at least have beautiful hair, right? No such luck! Cry
madirishgirl View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2009 at 2:12pm
ia stress defo affects your hair. also your skin and your overall appearance
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic