Forum Home Forum Home > The Archives > Hair Growth Archives
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedStress and Hair

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Hair ViVi

Author
Miss Jones View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2009 at 11:09pm
actually for me i think bein stressed helped my hair, i went thru a rough patch from feb till april and bcuz i was stressed and upset i completely forgot about my hair, i mean i washed it and dc as usual but otha than that i jus left it alone and afta i finally started feeling better and gettin a handle on my life again i notice my hair looked and felt better, like i gave it a much needed break
Sponsored Links

MuayThaiLadii View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2009 at 7:40am
Miss Jones that makes sense its just that you still condition did the small things that improve your hair.

Faith283, that sounds great too I will try that this weekend I might even try a massage this weekend at a SPA for the first time.

I let things irritate me sooo bad ( I really need to work on that )

Thank ya'll for your comments and advice its greatly appreciated
Cookie4XO View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2009 at 11:13am
Stress definitely affects your hair but it does different things to different people. I don't know who posted it, but I have also gotten a completely baby smooth bald patch in the middle of the back of my head about the size of a silver dollar twice in my life from severe stress. I mean it was the kind of stress that was keeping me up at night. Both times, I just happened to feel back one day and it would be a smooth perfect circle like a baby's bottom (lol). Then after the stress was over, it would grow right back out again. It's really weird and crazy, I just thank God it happened in the back and not on the crown or something where I would be looking really crazy.
keishe83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2009 at 12:20pm
Stress can def. take your hair out. So try relieving that stress somehow.
thatnyckhick View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2009 at 12:22pm
being stressed out def. affects my hair...it affects my health over-all...i remember a while back, around the beginning of the yr. I was going to class full-time, work full-time, and had internship hours to complete...I was hyper and tired at the same time, add on top of that I was about five months post...it was terrible...my hair just started to shed more, or maybe it was breakage...i posted a thread around then wondering if it was the stretching, if I had gone too long w/o relaxing

To counter-act everything I just started deep conditioning more...I made it a point to come home, get in a hot bath, and just sit until the water got cold lol...when I did that I dc'ed and everything worked itself out in the end 
Mz.Precious View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2009 at 9:09pm

yes stress affects the hair, i went through a 6 month period of some serious stress i had sl hair and went to a small fro with my front edges gone most of my breakage was on my left side of my and i started to loosed the hearing in my  left ear and i was really able to eat. stress affects ppl different.

val48066 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2009 at 2:00pm
Well, my fiance and I both got laid off. As a result, we had to cancel our Jamaican wedding and honeymoon because we need to use the wedding money to pay for rent and food and whatnot. I had to throw away expensive invitations and cancel my beautiful wedding dress. When I attempted to do my hair last week, I ended up with a handful of hair in my hand. So, I think stress definitely impacts people's hair.

You'd think that with this and the other issues we have that I could at least have beautiful hair, right? No such luck! Cry
madirishgirl View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2009 at 2:12pm
ia stress defo affects your hair. also your skin and your overall appearance
Hair ViVi
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic