Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
MuayThaiLadii View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stress and Hair
    Posted: Jun 04 2009 at 7:46am
So ladies, I decided to post this because I am curious about my question. First I want to let you know how I developed it. Unfortunately, I work at a job that is dead end because there is no room for growth and I am bored with it. Now, few days ago I found a new job and they made it seem like they wanted me but in the end I didnt get the job. I am stressed because this is the third job I have not gotten.  The job I have ...I've done alot to not get credit for and etc (Side note : Yes I am grateful to have one in this economy but damn its stressful)

Stress and my hair (your hair) .... Does stress alter your growth or causes changes to your hair? I mean I know stress causes mental and emotional feelings to arise or change, but what about our hair?

Are there any ladies who have been through a rough patch and their hair showed it or something similar???

**if someone posted this before I Apologize**
Sponsored Links

Miss ViVi View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2009 at 9:37am
One of my girls has.  She's in college and works part time.  Come finals time she was so stressed out studying and doing papers and then going to work and deal with mess at work and plus not getting enough rest and nutrition, her hair started to fall out.  She had found this smooth circular patch/bald spot on her head which wasn't there before.

Once the semester was over and the stress eased up, I was doing her hair and noticed that she had a section (the circular patch) of hair that was like 4inches long and asked her about it, b/c the rest of her hair was much longer.

Then she told me about the above situation and that's the hair that fallen out and was now regrowing.  She even forgot about it until I mentioned it.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2009 at 9:55am
Wow ...thats crazy i'm glad its regrowing and I hope she is getting better. So I guess being stress-free in our reggie makes sense.

Thank you for your input Miss ViVi!
JGCwayZeBaby View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2009 at 11:27am
Some people say stress makes their hair fall out. Other people just lose focus when they get stressed and don't take care of their hair (or themselves) like they should, which could also lead to problems.
prettigurl View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2009 at 4:11pm
Sress is detrimental to our bodies as well as our hair. My hair broke off to about an inch in the crown when I was a senior in high school. I was stressed about prom, graduation, college, money, etc. It eventually grew back and since then I haven't let anything or anyone stress me like that again.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2009 at 6:00pm
Thanks ladies ! Great information ...I made sure I to change my mood

prettigurl glad it grew back
Claudie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2009 at 7:22pm
Vitamin B-Complex will help.  Stress can have an adverse effect on our hair, body and overall health.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2009 at 7:27pm
Thank You Claudie....I have some I just been lazy.
Faith283 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2009 at 9:16pm
Yeah I also think stress has an effect..Thank God I've never experienced it, but I have family members that swear about it..
Muay::
there are lots of things you can do when you get stressed out..Believe me I have been through hell and back within my 26 years..Tub baths with candles, stretches after a hot shower, some herbal vitamins (St johns wort and others), yoga, soft music and the list can go on..Not only stress effects your hair it effects your health..Good Luck and hope everything turns out good with your job situation...:)
missgabi View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2009 at 10:52pm
so if i take a b-complex daily that will help prevent hair problems if i'm stressed? i've been taking a b-complex for months now and just found out i have high blood pressure that is stress-related. :| i don't want my hair falling out. lol.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic