Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Street Harassment

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 11:24am
Originally posted by petiteone29 petiteone29 wrote:

I was walking from a walmart to my car a few nights ago around 1130pm and I walked past a group of redneck looking dudes and they were like " Gotdamn look at that ass! Nice and tight!" I was so pissed. I started to curse them out but it was late and hardly anyone else in the parking lot and I didn't want to risk being harmed. Instead I turned around and gave them the nastiest most evil death stare I could.

Where you been at petiteone! I forgot your username but I was wondering where you were.
Sponsored Links

liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 11:27am
Originally posted by Im_oh_so_hott Im_oh_so_hott wrote:

Daily life, I used to ignore them, but i'm learning that not saying "Hi" or "Thanks" makes it worse. It bothers me more when i'm with Jellybean.

Cute baby!

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread.
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 11:43am
*Heavy sarcasm* I don't understand. You all were not dressed in mini skirts, tight tube tops, 6 in heels walking around when you were getting harassed/stalked? You were not asking for it? How can this be?Ermm

SMH!
petiteone29 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote petiteone29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

Originally posted by petiteone29 petiteone29 wrote:

I was walking from a walmart to my car a few nights ago around 1130pm and I walked past a group of redneck looking dudes and they were like " Gotdamn look at that ass! Nice and tight!" I was so pissed. I started to curse them out but it was late and hardly anyone else in the parking lot and I didn't want to risk being harmed. Instead I turned around and gave them the nastiest most evil death stare I could.

Where you been at petiteone! I forgot your username but I was wondering where you were.

LOL! Hey liesnalibis! I've been busy with the family and life in general. But doing good. Smile

Edited by petiteone29 - May 27 2014 at 2:34pm
Az~Maverick View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Az~Maverick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

*Heavy sarcasm* I don't understand. You all were not dressed in mini skirts, tight tube tops, 6 in heels walking around when you were getting harassed/stalked? You were not asking for it? How can this be?Ermm

SMH!

I know right??  Dressed in t-shirt, jeans & hardly no makeup I just HAD TO be begging for it. SleepyErmmLOL 

Az~Maverick View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Az~Maverick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by TexturizedDiva TexturizedDiva wrote:

In my pedestrian days, I was harassed so bad here in Atlanta that I considered dressing in a Niqab/Burka with only my eyes visible and I'm not even Muslim.

My daughter did something similar to this for awhile because she kept getting hit on by creepy old yt men. DeadErmm
Jess View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by NJHairLuv NJHairLuv wrote:

Originally posted by Az~Maverick Az~Maverick wrote:

@Modeless: You're pretty much damned if you do and damned if you don't, and it's way too many crazy folks out there. You just don't know what kind of crazy you're dealing with when this happens. 

One of my friends, a professional model was shot when she ignored someone's street harassment/catcalls.

The 1st time that I went to Asia, I was harassed so badly by the Iranian men that were there that I barely got through my trip without being physically assaulted. I was chased and one guy tried to force himself into the phone booth that I was in and he had a beer in his hand trying to make me take it.

Women are not protected, especially Black women. Random azz men tend to see us as available to them for their pleasure and entertainment and get verbally & physically aggressive when we ignore/dismiss/reject them or attempt to protect ourselves from their cat calls and street harassmentOuch.

I remember walking down 125th St in Harlem one time and some dude that was at first trying to sell childrens books started trying to come on to me then followed me for blocks telling me off. I was ignoring him and told him to chill b/c I was informing the cops and he crossed the street. Buss how he saw me hours later and started following me harassing me again smh. Patience was gone, it was about 95 degrees and I kindly and calmly told him the hell off with a barrage of questions like I was channeling my 74 yr mama and he left me alone.
Is your friend well?
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 5:53pm
Originally posted by Jess Jess wrote:

Originally posted by NJHairLuv NJHairLuv wrote:

Originally posted by Az~Maverick Az~Maverick wrote:

@Modeless: You're pretty much damned if you do and damned if you don't, and it's way too many crazy folks out there. You just don't know what kind of crazy you're dealing with when this happens. 

One of my friends, a professional model was shot when she ignored someone's street harassment/catcalls.

Is your friend well?

Yes, thanks. She was very lucky to have only a flesh wound and nothing life-threatening.
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by TexturizedDiva TexturizedDiva wrote:

In my pedestrian days, I was harassed so bad here in Atlanta that I considered dressing in a Niqab/Burka with only my eyes visible and I'm not even Muslim.

Im glad that you mentioned that. I have to 'pass' from time to time when I know that I am going to have to walk in areas where guys are out of control.

I remember asking Purpulicious (a Muslimah) about that a few years ago to make sure I wasnt offending anyone. That was after some big boy 17-21yrs smacked my butt in the middle of the street in one of the busiest intersections in NJ and I had on a loose grey mens thermal shirt and loose grey mens sweatpants. If I had a weapon on me (umm which I...nvmdStern Smile), he would have got it and I would have been the dummy in jail and in the newspaper for assault).
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic