Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Texturizers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedStraightening Texturized Hair??

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
cstherine83cs View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Straightening Texturized Hair??
    Posted: May 15 2005 at 11:41am
How would I go about straightening my texturized hair? I need to take my college graduation pictures and I think it would be nice to have straightened hair in my pics. Any suggestions? How do you straighten your texturized hair and please also note any products used!
Sponsored Links

Island-Clo View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2005 at 3:26pm
and for those of you that are texturized do you find it easier or a bit more difficult, to get your texturized hair straight. just a question I thought I'd ask
mondo View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2005 at 5:02pm
I use a flat iron. Still haven't found the perfect heat-protective product, so I am experimenting. It straightens quite easily, easier than when I was totally natural.
weaveitup^_^ View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2005 at 10:57pm
flat iron
KITTY View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2005 at 8:42pm
i go to the salon once or every two weeks and they give me a wash and roller set then they blowdry into a style.  I prefer going to a my dominican hair salon because even if i didn't have texturizer and my hair was natural they would get it very straight.  all i do is wrap it at night.  i am down to using my flat iron twice a week.  i can't wait until i stop using it at all.  my hair salon doesn't use flat irons unless your hair is totally natural otherwise they use that blow dryer to curl your hair.
TexturizedDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2005 at 11:36pm

I use the following - Loreal Vive Smooth-Intense (Shampoo, Conditioner, Anti-Frizz Cream as a leave-in - can also use Nature's Therapy Unfrizz).

With soaking wet hair, I rollerset, being sure to smooth the ends around the roller, adding a little Vive Serum to the ends.  I dry under a dryer, the proceed to flat iron, small sections of a hair at a time until done - for extra security, I sometimes use a bit of Creme Press when I flat iron. 

To maintain, I usually pincurl.

It's long and arduous, but there's a lot less combing and tension placed on the hair than blow-drying. 

Edited by TexturizedDiva
marmalade15 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 24 2006 at 10:13pm

Originally posted by Island-Clo Island-Clo wrote:

and for those of you that are texturized do you find it easier or a bit more difficult, to get your texturized hair straight. just a question I thought I'd ask

It's easy for me to get my texturized hair straight, i put some moisturizing hair lotion in it after washing and blow dry it and it looks like it's relaxed. It could be this easy for me because i used the tex as a relaxer. I've only had it in for almost a week, and haven't tried it curly.

loonatick View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 25 2006 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by marmalade15 marmalade15 wrote:

Originally posted by Island-Clo Island-Clo wrote:

It's easy for me to get my texturized hair straight, i put some moisturizing hair lotion in it after washing and blow dry it and it looks like it's relaxed. It could be this easy for me because i used the tex as a relaxer. I've only had it in for almost a week, and haven't tried it curly.

What texturizer did you use to relax your hair?

Counsel View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 29 2006 at 4:19pm

You can wash it and blow dry it.  I did it just a few weeks ago out of curiosity and it was good.  The only thing is that the ends of my hair were a bit frizzy.  I must confess that I went to the hairdresser so I cant advise you on how to do it yourself but it is possible and it can look great.  When you wash it, it goes right back to being curly.

Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic