Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Pressing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Straightened hair for first time in 5 months!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
brownhairweave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brownhairweave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 30 2012 at 2:38am
I love the color of your hair!
Sponsored Links

SassyShani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SassyShani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 30 2012 at 9:19am
What is your hair type? I think we are hair twins! My hair looks exactlynthevsamevwhen straight no product added
littlebabybug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlebabybug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by darlinnic darlinnic wrote:

You had to cut your hair to neck length because of 2 heat pass???
Ugh

Did you do any deep condition or protein treatment before you flat ironed?
I'm planning on flat ironing my hair and I don't want to suffer the same breakage that you have experienced.

What would you do differently?

oh, no that wasn't why i cut it as short as i did. I cut it to neck because that's how long my crown section is and i wanted to get rid of my layers. i did get heat damage, though. probably about an inch of heat damage in places. I didn't deep condition or protein prior to. :( lol i used to back in the day when i regularly used heat but i haven't really done any of that since reverting back to natural styles. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlebabybug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by Elegantmary Elegantmary wrote:

Originally posted by Nicolest Nicolest wrote:

You need to choose a perfect hairdresser, good luck!
yeah

next time i use heat i'll try out a stylist. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlebabybug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 3:08pm
Originally posted by brownhairweave brownhairweave wrote:

I love the color of your hair!

thank you! it's like a dark brown color naturally that usually looks black except in light. this is the first time anyone's ever said they like my natural hair color lol 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlebabybug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 3:08pm
Originally posted by SassyShani SassyShani wrote:

What is your hair type? I think we are hair twins! My hair looks exactlynthevsamevwhen straight no product added

not exactly sure but if i had to guess i'd say 3b/c. hi, hair twin! 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlebabybug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 3:14pm

Ugh

I'm planning on flat ironing my hair and I don't want to suffer the same breakage that you have experienced.

i forgot to answer your question at the end lol
what would i do differently? 
hmmm...first, i would hold off on using heat until i reached my length goal. so for me that's probably looking like about at least two years if not three. second, i would not straighten my hair unless i planned on creating a regimen that catered to the fact that i would regularly use heat on my hair. next time i do straighten, i  plan on implementing it into my overall hair care. and third, i'll opt for non direct heat straightening techniques, like sitting under a dryer or wrap setting curlformed hair or something of that sort, rather than flat iron use. :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlebabybug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by littlebabybug littlebabybug wrote:

Ugh

i forgot to answer your question at the end lol
what would i do differently? 
hmmm...first, i would hold off on using heat until i reached my length goal. so for me that's probably looking like about at least two years if not three. second, i would not straighten my hair unless i planned on creating a regimen that catered to the fact that i would regularly use heat on my hair. next time i do straighten, i  plan on implementing it into my overall hair care. and third, i'll opt for non direct heat straightening techniques, like sitting under a dryer or wrap setting curlformed hair or something of that sort, rather than flat iron use. :)

i would have done all that anyway and followed all the proper procedures this time around but i flat ironed on a whim, and didn't really care about all the prep work at the time 
darlinnic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darlinnic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 6:17pm
Thanks for the follow up!!!

I think I will hold off on hear for now.
BlaqueLaDeey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlaqueLaDeey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 10:16am
Have you tried a emoothing serum while you straighten it?  I use Africa's Best Organics Olive Oil Extra Virgin Smooth & Polish Serum before I flat iron my hair and I LOVEEEEEE it!    ( I originally bought it for  the  smell) but it is  wonder ful for smoothing out the  curls in your hair.      I  used this to stretch my relaxer.   Smile
I am new to NATURAL (2 months) and  I will be using this  once I start to straighten my hair.  What is a good  time to start sraightening your hair  while  being a NEWBIE to natural.   (PS I am not doing the  big chop!)
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>