Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Pressing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Straightened hair for first time in 5 months!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>

Bootiful Cream

Author
littlebabybug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlebabybug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 9:58pm
Originally posted by wanderlust87 wanderlust87 wrote:

Excellent results!  

In June, I went to Dominican salon (for blow dry & trim. only)   (No rollerset or flat iron  done) 

All I had to do was french braid my hair at night & wear  a silk cap.  I don't know how it happened but my hair stayed straight  (including my edges) while I was in rainy/misty WA & OR  for 2 weeks.  

I didnt bring product with me on the trip so I was surprised it lasted.

Wow. that's it? show me thine ways! Just after a blow dry. Hm. I think next time if i attempt any sort of heat method i'm gonna stop at just blow drying and see how that works. thanks for sharing!
Sponsored Links

breBR3bre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote breBR3bre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 1:51am
Your hair is very pretty! The fullness and how healthy your ends are. If I'm not mistaken I think you said you didn't use any products to straighten, I hope you at least used a heat protector so you can keep your hair pretty. I can keep my hair straight for at least three weeks by combing my hair back and tying down my edges at nights with a silk scarf or by wrapping my hair completely and also using a plastic cap in the shower cause sometimes all that steam makes my roots revert.

Edited by breBR3bre - Nov 27 2012 at 1:52am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlebabybug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 7:45pm
Originally posted by breBR3bre breBR3bre wrote:

Your hair is very pretty! The fullness and how healthy your ends are. If I'm not mistaken I think you said you didn't use any products to straighten, I hope you at least used a heat protector so you can keep your hair pretty. I can keep my hair straight for at least three weeks by combing my hair back and tying down my edges at nights with a silk scarf or by wrapping my hair completely and also using a plastic cap in the shower cause sometimes all that steam makes my roots revert.

it's funny you mention it! i didn't use a heat protectant. that might have been what happened to it. it actually started breaking mucho after i flat ironed it and now i have cut my hair. it now looks like this:i cut it to neck length. trying not to lament the length change too much, but i definitely will be avoiding heat altogether til my hair gets to the length i want lol 
i like that scarf idea. i see a lot of people use that method to maintain the perimeter, and i think that i'm going with it too when i'm ready to use heat again.

thanks!
Elegantmary View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elegantmary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 8:02pm
well done,natural look.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlebabybug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 8:07pm
Originally posted by Elegantmary Elegantmary wrote:

well done,natural look.

yeah, it's back to twists for me Tongue
it was nice to see how effective the regimen i'd built for my hair was, and that i could only be assured of (in my mind, at the time anyway) by straightening and seeing the curls unfurled. my curiosity has now been satiated and i've learned that my condish reggie is da bomb! it worked well for my ends. i'd gone 5 months without heat, no trims in between, and there's the result. this time i'm gonna do that but just refrain from heat for much longer than i did. and next time i'm gonna *try* to make myself use a heat protectant. LOL
don't want the semi big chop all over again. Cry

breBR3bre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote breBR3bre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 9:15am
Wow sorry to hear that babybug, I wish I could go 5 months without heat. The longest I've made it is 2 months lol, I can't believe it broke off from using heat one time. How hot did you have your flat iron and how many passes did you do?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlebabybug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 6:02pm
i did about two. :( 
it didn't have that effect on my hair when i was using it regularly. but i guess my hair unadapted itself to heat during that time lol that's the only thing i can think of. so the shock was really extreme. my flat iron is one heat setting. 
darlinnic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darlinnic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 7:07pm
You had to cut your hair to neck length because of 2 heat pass???
Ugh

Did you do any deep condition or protein treatment before you flat ironed?
I'm planning on flat ironing my hair and I don't want to suffer the same breakage that you have experienced.

What would you do differently?
Nicolest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicolest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 11:38pm
You need to choose a perfect hairdresser, good luck!
Elegantmary View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elegantmary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 30 2012 at 12:39am
Originally posted by Nicolest Nicolest wrote:

You need to choose a perfect hairdresser, good luck!
yeah
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>