FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedstraight men who act feminine

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
ladylady View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: straight men who act feminine
    Posted: Jun 18 2007 at 9:20pm
**disclaimer** this post is not meant to offend. i'm posting to share my experience and to see if any of you ladies can relate.

i have a friend who is straight. he is a great guy. but when i met him i just KNEW he was gay. he's not. it would not have mattered if he were gay, i still love him the same, but i sometimes wonder about his actions. my inquisitiveness is based off of my natural yearning to understand people and the actions of people -- why we do or do not do things. 

my concern?

NOT THAT HE IS DOWN LOW...no that's not what i think...but i wonder why he acts so feminine.

can anyone relate? have you seen that episode in sex in the city when charlotte was dating the guy that acted "gay" for lack of better words but was not gay? she was so confused she had to "test" him with her gay friend stanford who confirmed he was not gay.

my friend was interested in dating me a few years ago. he is really fine and a great guy but i was never feeling him like that, even if he had not acted so feminine. i  just always felt like he was one of my girlfriends.

i also know someone who is married to a man like this. he is very feminine and although i am used to it, it's always interesting to me when he sits around with us girls and "chats" it out with us.

i love my friend to death but would never ask him about his demeanor. this is a serious question so i'm asking for serious non-judgmental responses.

i'm very open to the idea, and believe that we are socialized to behave a certain way so when we do see a member of the opposite sex acting the opposite way of what we are conditioned to beleive is the "correct" way it throws off our sense of what is and is not a "man" or "woman".

anyone want to share?

Edited by ladylady - Jun 18 2007 at 9:21pm
Sponsored Links

#1StarGazer View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2007 at 9:29pm
I think your friend is what the popular term is "metrosexual", a straight man with 'gay' tendencies.  I had a thing for a guy in college who I could never tell was gay or straight. 

I have a couple of friends like that, guys who act seriously feminine, but are straight.  The even weirder thing is that they're twins.  Good Lord.  Confused

Your friend may have grown up in a female dominated household.  I've heard that men who grew up surrounded by women are usually much more sensitive and open-minded, if that makes any difference.

I knew a girl in high school who acted so boyish, I didn't know she was a girl until I heard her voice.  I always wondered if she was a lesbian, and God knows why.  Her sexuality wouldn't have made any difference to me one way or the other.  Besides her tomboyishness, she was a really nice girl.  But she was intriguing because she didn't fit any mold I was used to. 
When I saw her making out with her girlfriend in the hallway, I put two and two together.  At prom, she brought two dates: her gf and a blonde stripper, I kid you not.  I was like Shocked.  But hell, they had fun, and they tore up the dance floor!LOL

Edited by #1StarGazer - Jun 18 2007 at 9:34pm
WorkInProgress View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2007 at 9:32pm
Gender is a social construct,, he may be consider masculine in other countries.
thats just the way he is.
candies View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2007 at 9:37pm
I know what you're talking about.  I have a friend from highschool who's straight but acts feminine.  He's great to go shopping with, gossip, party with and just talk girl stuff with it's just that he's not a girl.  It's to the point where is own family thinks he's gay and he swears he isn't.

I'm not sure of his sexuality but I go by what people say and if he's says he's straight then by all means you're straight.

The only prob I have that he has the tendency to get b*tchy... go figure

Anyhoo, I don't mind befriending a feminine acting straight guy but I can't be in a relationship with one.  I love me some "manly" men.
Zupreme View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2007 at 9:38pm
i have a hipster friend who is SO freakin affeminate. but he swears he's not gay. i'm not sure i believe him but thats his story. i love the guy, mind you, but i think he's hilarious...

he'll walk around with a little gold-sequined scarf tied on his neck, skin tight tee, and skin tight jeans. he says it's "just fashion" and i'm like thats even too girly FOR ME!!!!! LOL i'm always making fun of his girly side. he doesnt care coz he knows i mean no harm....

eta: and women trail him in DROVES LOL they're usually white, hipster chicks though...i guess they find that kind of girlyness sexy lol

Edited by zahira1983 - Jun 18 2007 at 9:40pm
oneone1onezero0 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2007 at 11:03pm
^^^
That sneaky bastard.  That's how they're doing it.  They know that women will more likely open up to them when they think he's gay.  They'll probably undress around him.  It's not like he's interested because he's gay.  It's okay for me to take my top off around him because he isnt attracted to me whatsoever.  And then they discover that he is such a great guy, but it's too bad he's not straight.  And that's when they try to convert him, all the while falling into his carefully planned, elaborate trap.

Make no mistake, that is one crafty bastard.

* I should hang out aroud gay bars.  Ironically, I'd have a better chance a picking up women because I'm one of the few straight men there.  Kinda like why I'm on here.  Expect BHM isn't a gay bar, and despite my best efforts, I have yet to pick up anyone from here.
NurseGal View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2007 at 12:09am
I thought my ex was gay when I first met him, then I figured he was metro b/c he was such a "guy" (for lack of a better word at the moment).  I had never encountered a metro b4, so it didn't take much for everyone to convince me that he was just a straight man with taste.  Plus, he's from NY, and I'm from the south.  I just assumed he was different.  I assumed all was fine and dandy until he asked me to do something that I am too ashamed to even type...no in retrospect....
Mocha_Swirlle View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2007 at 12:27am

I also have an ex who I believe is gay...

He's a real nice guy, girls love him, he can dress... but then he had a real feminine way about him. The way he spoke, he spoke with a lisp and his voice was a little high pitched. Then he was really good at making feminine conversation, at least when he was with the girls. He's always been that way and for the longest time i thought he was gay... until i found out he SLEPT WITH HIS MALE!!!  dance enstructor right before dating me.....His cousin tried claiming that he really wasnt gay, he just slipped up... but iono..
... so yea.. after that whole thing, when guys start acting feminine, i try to keep that possiblilty in mind.
oneone1onezero0 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2007 at 2:34am
^^^

You smell that?

:::sniffs:::

Smells likes.....NOOBIE!!!
Zupreme View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2007 at 3:11am