Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Stop using glue or tape...Tutorial w/pics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 70717273>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
curieuxcheveux View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote curieuxcheveux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 01 2012 at 1:22am
What a great idea! Glue and tape makes me break out and scars my skin. I will have to try this.
Sponsored Links

chatnoir View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chatnoir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by machinec machinec wrote:

Often there will be annoying problem and make my hair looks  not so beautiful and i want to find the best useful way ,such hair extensions and http://www.feelgoodhairsupplies.com/ - toupee</a> with clip in hair and clip in http://www.feelgoodhairsupplies.com/ - hair extensions</a>

Yeah,it seems so wonderful-Want to try it?!
Clip In Hair extension

VENDOR ALERT PAY FOR ADVERTISING LIKE THE OTHER VENDORS YOU SEE TO THE LEFT AND THE RIGHT
Wisney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wisney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 2:41am
Originally posted by Lordess89 Lordess89 wrote:

Originally posted by Tootsie Tootsie wrote:

Originally posted by ChicFrenchy ChicFrenchy wrote:

I have tried the Tootsie original version (with only one elastic in the half bottom of the unit). I just couldn't have it to lay extremelly flat just the way adhesives would workCry.  I also don't like wig combs and bobby pins because it's damaging to MY hairlineOuch. Also when's it's windy, your hairline can be dangerously exposed and the bobby pin look is not pretty and natural IMO. I also don't do headbands with LWs.

Big%20smileTherefore, I decided to add one more elastic at the bottom of the sideburns of the unit (the hairline's extremities). For this, I used the Goody's ouchless adjustable elastic (to be on the safe side, I don't want to tear my lace). I used the regular Ouchless goodies for the bottom part of the unit (4.5 inches). Both elastics go on the back of my head underneath my braids as initially suggested by Tootsie.

It fits so perfectly and so snugBig%20smile. The hairline is so flat and doesn't move at all, no need for wig combs and bobby pins at all!Wink I tried this same system on my full LWs with and without adjustable straps, also on my LF...it equally worksThumbs%20Up

Here is what it looks like. I could have sewn it better at the side with the black ring (I did this differently with another unit and the ring is not close to the lace at all, more further) but I'm too lazy tonight and it doesn't bother me now. I'll adjust that later. It's supposed to be sewn like this on both sides, right at the angle:
IMG_0802
PS: Please excuse the disgusting marks on my laceDead. It's my rit dye in TAN and my haircolor left (too lazy also to clean it tonight! And yes, it's a new unitTongue):
IMG_0799%20by%20you. Y.E.onDOMReady(show_notes_initially);
IMG_0800%20by%20you. Y.E.onDOMReady(show_notes_initially);
IMG_0801IMG_0802IMG_0813

For some ladies, only one elastic is enough. But for others like myself, with a challenging head shape, that second elastic gives you the look that a perfect application with glue would give.
HTH and thanks again Tootsie and your mother.
Whooooaaaa now this is freaking awesome! Thanks so much for the pics as well. Ok let me see is the Goody's ouchless adjustable elastic available in Walmart? I have got to try this because if I dont have to use the combs that would be EVEN better! I want to get these today and give it a try. Are they in the hair section becuase I dont believe I have ever seen this before? Thanks sooo much for this...you ladies are awesome I swearClap

Does anyone have the pics from ChicFrenchy's method. Its saying not available through flickr.

Yeah I'd like to see pics aswell as I can't visualise this properly in my head.
JazziAce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JazziAce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2012 at 10:41am
I tried this method this morning and it worked great...BUT I'm still having a problem with my wig cap sliding back and you can see the line of the wig cap through the part. Should I use tape to hold it? but I hate dealing with tape period...Any suggestions?
JazziAce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JazziAce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2012 at 11:21am
I did some searching on here and found the bandage method
Asia35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asia35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2012 at 11:44am
try sewing a piece of fabric to the wig.
JazziAce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JazziAce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2012 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by Asia35 Asia35 wrote:

try sewing a piece of fabric to the wig.
Hmm...hadn't thought of that..thanks
nicks_hotmama06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicks_hotmama06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 3:31am
Instead of cutting stretched elastic....make a small gather or overlap on the middle and sew that down. That way a band that has grown loose can be tightened without removing it from the wig.
nicks_hotmama06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicks_hotmama06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 6:05am
Need pics for ChicFrenchy's method!!!!!!!!
902sexxi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 902sexxi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2013 at 1:17am
I'm new to lace fronts but I tried this method and it's made a world of difference! I used a goodie ouchless
headband and my unit lays down so nice! I don't have to Bobby pin it or be scared when a gust of wind blows in my face. Thanks so much for letting us in on this!

Edited by 902sexxi - Jan 06 2013 at 1:22am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 70717273>