Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Stop insomnia challenge

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
SoutherNtellect View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

hmm.. interesting.. 

i think im past withdrawals. 
did you have dilated pupils southern? 

i know some ppls can last for a long time though. 

My symptoms so far are depression, fatigue, insomnia, and raised blood pressure. This is day 3
No tremors, hallucinations, seizures, or dilated pupils

Also I have incredible thirst and alcohol cravings. No appetite

Edited by SoutherNtellect - Feb 07 2014 at 3:55pm
Sponsored Links

coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 4:05pm
oh ok. 

i had dilated pupils for some days.. 
and i think some hot/cold flashes.. my trouble sleeping (seriously) only lasted like 2 or 3 days.. 

its interesting how different it can be for diff ppl.. 

i think only like severe/real alcoholics get the seizures/tremors 
creole booty View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote creole booty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 12:10am
Look at all these Americans awake

I'm about to try sex
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote creole booty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 12:12am
Took too long doing bio ethics paper. I had to work 9 hours today. Then I came home and heated up yesterday's dinner (slow cooker pork roast with veggies and rice). Low stress day, only a sip of alcohol. I had left over wine from some slow cooker chili.
Ming View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 7:48am
I need this. I was telling someone this week, cause I didn't sleep well, that my mother used to wake me up for school by patting my butt and saying time to get up. EVERY DAMN MORNING id think, already? That was kindergarten   

I started getting migraines in 07. Tried ambien is 08, I think. Ambien gives me a good 4 hours regularly. I don't know if I have to take it every night but I don't sleep the whole night. I gave some to my mother, insomnia. Thanx ma and I still have an old bottle around.

I take prescription allergy medication, like Benadryl x 10. The bottle says take 4 a day but I usually take 1/2 at bedtime. WIDE awake in 4 hours. My migraine meds cause fatigue/ insomnia <WTF?

I had a good run up un til Monday. Im caffeine sensitive. I don't even take a B vitamin everyday. I used to think, id be great in med school smh. I just got an overnight position so... yay me!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 7:59am
Slept through the night. :-)
Woke up an hour late :-(
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 8:01am
i think ive been up since i got up to use the restroom at like 1:30 
had something incessantly on my brain though that i thought was real.. but isnt. 
its 6 now.. i always wake up pretty early like this.. (was up at 5-something though)

im gonna try to have my last drink at like 8.. hate having to get up. 

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote creole booty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 9:43am
Ming from the info posted or through ur own methods, what for of action would u like to try? And my granny used to turn the lights on and sing a random freestyled good morning song. I loathed the morning.

Do u plan ur day ahead of time? Do u drink enough water? How do u deal with stress? Do u try to go to bed at the same time every night? I'm trying to see what we can do.

Southern that's great! Minus the late part. What do u use to wake up? I use my iPhone alarm in the harp sound. I set it to give me exactly 30 minutes to get ready because I hate waking up. I tried the jawbone up bands natural wake up method. The band vibrates on ur arm within a 30 min time of what time ur supposed to wake. It says that it chooses a time when ur sleep phase is light. I was able to wake up, but I never felt refreshed anyway, so I went back to my alarm.

Coco, that's a good plan. Have u tried just getting out of the bed and writing down ur thoughts for a few moments, then mentally agreeing with urself that you've spent enough time thinking and now u can relax and sleep?
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote creole booty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 9:48am
I drank a glass of water after sex, laid awake for 30-45. I got about 5 hours of "sleep." I kept waking up because I was too hot or too cold. Then I was randomly anxious about waking up. My man drove me to work today. I couldn't snap out of zombie mode and he was not amused by my accident yesterday. I drank a cup of coffee so far. Oh and 1.5 cups of water. I ate breakfast, but I haven't taken my multi vitamin yet.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 11:08am
creole, most days i let my body wake up naturally around 7-8
if i need an alarm, i use my sleep app to fade in and wake me up
i just didnt use it this morning 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>