Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
California Lace Wigs and Weaves
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Stocking Caps + Widows Peak = jacked hairline??
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedStocking Caps + Widows Peak = jacked hairline??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
misabby View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stocking Caps + Widows Peak = jacked hairline??
    Posted: Dec 28 2010 at 8:37pm
I cant get this lace front thing down! I havent been using and hardcore tape or glue....just some cheap glue from the beauty store down the street that i can easily peel off and start over again.

Im doing that so if i cant figure this out...im going to sell my lace front (20", beautiful indian remy, soft curl pattern, and just BEAUTIFUL! Worth over $300 and Im so mad I cant apply it right! Im getting SOOOOO frustrated because i really want to wear this! it is too gorgeous)

But this is the thing. I have a nude color stocking cap that matches my real scalp perfectly when placed under the lace, but its like near impossible to make the hairline look natural! My thing is, I have a widows peak....and i cant find ANYONE on here who has a widow's peak thats gone into complete detail on how the apply their lace front.

When i apply mine, i follow all the videos and everything advice i see online, but no matter what I do my head looks like there is a straight across, abrupt line distinguishing my forehead and my "scalp" (wig scalp), and because of the hairline i got from the wig manufacturer, it has the light density temples  and has a lot of density variation and blending on the hairline, so it really looks like how real hair on someone head looks, but wen its on my head you see the line from the wig cap!

Then because of my widows peak. I tried taping the cap to my head, then cutting the widow shape, then applying the wig. But it STILL looks so wrong. :(. I think it is because i have a widows peak, because all my friends who dont have widows peaks...their hairline is dead near a straight across line with some fuzzes/extra light baby hair that extends from it. But my hair line is thin up front (not like super thin, but a good natural thin) and it "zig-zags" (i guess you could call it that) across my forehead.

how bad would it look if i just didnt put a cap on at all and stuck the wig on with my hair exposed under it? (i dont braid my hair, its slicked back. I cut it all to go natural, but in the process i hate having the short hair so i want a lace front). Does anyone do that and still have a natural looking part?
Sponsored Links

Bre. View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2010 at 8:42pm
Was this a custom unit or stock unit?  Maybe you can find a vendor who can mimic your hairline?
misabby View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2010 at 8:52pm
its a custom and its like an exact replica of my hairline. But i think it the stocking cap (from the beauty store) that is making it look bad. I've tried those bandages things and I've tried a thinner knee high stocking.

The wig is beyond perfect. But its this huge LINE you see when its applied. Like, when i look at my natural hairline, the forehead-to-scalp color transition is very smooth. But with the cap its like an abrupt one color then BAM the light scalp.

Then my stocking or any other thing i try to use is too straight to follow my hair line.

<--my hairline is kind of like that (various densities, zig-ziggy)

but i feel lik the stocking cap method is only working for hairlines like:
(constant density, straight across)

Edited by misabby - Dec 28 2010 at 8:54pm
misabby View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2010 at 9:10pm
I was on the website http://www.lacewigsbeauty.com/

and this a picture of a supposed application by a customer (...looks too perfect!). Im skeptical whether these are true lace wig pics or pics of people's natural hair (haha like how Beyonce does hair commercials knowing its a wig, these ppl could be doing wig ads knowing its real!)

But this is like how my wig's/my hairline is, and what im trying to achieve as best as i can

Celie View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2010 at 9:26pm
Originally posted by misabby misabby wrote:

I was on the website http://www.lacewigsbeauty.com/

and this a picture of a supposed application by a customer (...looks too perfect!). Im skeptical whether these are true lace wig pics or pics of people's natural hair (haha like how Beyonce does hair commercials knowing its a wig, these ppl could be doing wig ads knowing its real!)

But this is like how my wig's/my hairline is, and what im trying to achieve as best as i can

I seriously doubt that the phot above is a lw.  Look at the long hairs on her arms which are exactly the texture of the hairline.  If you peep into the hairline, the density would certainly reveal something and it doesn't. And the vendor would certainly be providing more closeup and approriate shot.
In any case, I have a widow's peak and use a bandage.  After I wrap the bandage, I use some small scissors and cut and outline for the indentation where the hairline falls back.  As much as I can I make my lace line according to that form, but not exactly.  For us with widow's peak, you have the opportunity to alter a flawed hairline.  The lace should fall back from the peak on each side, but not too much.  Let the unit create a new hairline.  I take back the sides because otherwise the sides would be too close to my brows.  After putting on the badge, fit the unit on and you will see what you need to cut on the bandage.  Use the bandage as a guide for your adhesive line.  When you order a custom, you do not necessarily have to order a widow' s peak unit. Jut use the tip of the peak for fitting.  The mid of the unit must cover that part.  Then work with the rest. 
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2010 at 9:33pm
i have a widows peak. honestly i always have a swoop bang to cover it up so i didn't have to deal with it too much
misabby View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2010 at 9:37pm
Thanks! and i was thinking the same thing about that girl. haha

Now about your bandage method....when you look at your hairline, does the color make a big jump from your forehead color to your scalp color? Thats my biggest problem. My scalp is super white, and the nude color stocking cap matches, but its too much is a defined line when its up against my head. Im just so anal because I live in 3rd ward Houston (the GHETTO) and i dont want to be another ghetto looking lace front wearer. I want it to look as natural and like my hair as possible, or at least like a good weave.

I was thinking of trying to dye the front part of the cap and get it to bleed/fade so it looks like a smooth transition of color....but thats too much. I was thinking if doing make up, but someone had said that the make up has too much oils and would mess with the glue/tape sticking.

If you can, please post pictures of your application! I would really appreciate it.
sighiz View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2010 at 9:44pm
grade down your widow peak like me or be adventurous and leave out your hairline to integrate with your unit... there is a thread here somewhere concerning integration... hope that helps
dorislesure View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2010 at 9:49pm
have u try the fabric maker
misabby View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2010 at 10:17pm
what is the fabric maker?
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>