Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
California Lace Wigs and Weaves
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Breakage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedStill breaking!! Help please!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
baby_phatt18 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Still breaking!! Help please!!
    Posted: Aug 31 2005 at 10:24pm
hey guys its me again, i posted about 2/3 weeks ago...my hair had started breaking, i think cos it was overprocessed and i was using too much heat. Anyways I put on the aphogee treatment a week ago, I've been using organics carrot oil creme, and optimum oil therapy over night strengthener even taking multi vitamins but stil when I comb my hair theres alot of hair left on my comb! iv reduced my flat ironing to 2 times a week on a low heat,i also wrap my hair at night! Im wearing a weave so its hard to leave my hair looking frizzy and not blending in. Im trying to get a lacefront to wear so I can give my whole head a rest but right now im strapped for cash and cant get one probably till next month! What shuold I do ya'll? im really scared that im gonna have no hairline soon
Sponsored Links

Egyptian_Queen View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2005 at 12:33pm

have you trimmed your hair?

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2005 at 12:54pm
yes i trimmed it a little, i didnt wana chop off all of it cos im so desperate to hold onto my hair...it doesnt look awful but its just everytime i comb it i have all this hair falling out!
Egyptian_Queen View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2005 at 1:00pm
maybe you could do a deep treatment with a hood dryer/steamer etc.
olcow View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2005 at 1:52pm
I suggest to stop combing... the more you comb, the more hair you will lose... Can you just pull your hair back and make it lie flat with a silk scarf and wear it in a protective style?

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2005 at 3:32pm

yeah at this rate im probably going to have to go out at buy a scarf to match every outfit i own until i can afford my lacefront!hahaha its sad but funny  yeah i guess im just going to have to figure out ways of  going out without combing my hair!

jellis View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2005 at 8:25pm
Sometimes cutting is best. It will give you a fresh start. I know it's hard but it's worth it. My hair was doing the same thing from being overprocessed and very dry from all the heat I was using. As soon as I cut it, started following the advice on this forum and stretching my relaxers, my hair stopped coming out all together! I even got compliments on my short hair. Now my hair is longer than it's ever been in a year and a half (shoulder length). Good luck.
quenquen View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2005 at 9:04pm
What is your regimen?
Baggettcindy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2005 at 10:02am
It may take a little more time for you to see improvements.  Have you gone to a professional to get an opinion?

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2005 at 10:14am
ok well i dont exactly have a regimen, see I just moved here from south africa, and i had a hair dresser there and he basically looked after my hair for me like i never really had to do much with it. I would get my treatments done by him,washes etc... So now im in the US and i dont really have a stylist yet cos im in school so its sometimes difficult to get time to go to the salon, i guess thats probably my main problem cos i havent found a regular stylist yet and my suspicion is that one of the (many) diff stylists that friends have taken me to messed up my relaxer and overprocessed my hair! So i guess its partly my fault for not finding someone i like who can do my hair but you know how it is tryna find the right fit yeah??And its funny cos its soo expensive here just to get my hair done i'd never have to pay so much back home! i guess what i should be asking is if anyone knows a good stylist in minneapolis, minnesota??
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic