FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Stay at home mom

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Prazol60 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prazol60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 01 2013 at 2:29am
Finland eh? Are you having a heatwave too? I saw Sweden wasn't really part of it. Spain is 40 today and we are about 25-26. I might blow up my sons swimming pool and let him splash around after lunch.
Sponsored Links

ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2013 at 11:14pm
Originally posted by Prazol60 Prazol60 wrote:

Ah boo! On the news today there was a report that there was a 200% increase in nursing students this year alone. This sucks. I might just say skip it and have another kid. LOL

LOL  funny bc i know someone trying for baby no. 2 since 1 is in school and she is not interested in a job or school.  she really has it made.
marnee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marnee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 28 2013 at 10:14am
Yes we were...it is warm here now, but it was really horrible in july...sucked being pregnant with no ac.  im just waiting for fall/winter now...my baby is here now so it has been a lot more bearable for me.
marnee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marnee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 28 2013 at 10:16am
that's what they ve done now for us.  we have e prescriptions...but my drs still spoke into a recorder for their notes...i just got my birth report...im pretty sure they didnt type it out themselves, but i don't know for sure.  i have 3 years off with my new baby before i have to think about looking for work..  if you come up with something please tell me...id like to be able to stay home until both kids are in school full time.
Prazol60 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prazol60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 28 2013 at 10:56am
We are trying for #2 right now...I am hoping for another Spring/Summer baby
I hope this time to just go with a midwife but I am not doing a home birth. I could do it this time around I think but the risk..naw.
marnee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marnee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 29 2013 at 5:53am
Good luck.  We had intended to try for #2 in January 2013...I ended up pregnant on my son's 3rd bday .  Being pregnant during the summer is no fun...especially how it was this summer.  i was pregnant with my son during the winter and that was so much more comfortable.  I had c sections with both kids.  My 1st was in the US (I developed complications and ended up having to stay when I was visiting my mother...wasn't able to get back to Finland).  I was honestly scared to give birth here in Finland.  It wasn't bad at all...I was in the hospital 5 days with my son and this time just 2.
Prazol60 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prazol60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 29 2013 at 5:59am
The stay is so short isn't it? I didn't mind really since once I got home I got a home care worker for a week. Do you have that too in Finland? It was a woman that came and helped take care of me and my son. She cleaned, cooked and if I would have had a older child she would have picked him up from school.
I did miss having more family around. I know if I was in the US my sisters would have been with me more. My son is 4 years old now so I think this is a good gap. He is in school and stays over for lunch there.

marnee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marnee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 29 2013 at 8:52am
It is...well I begged to leave...they said the average time is 3-4 days.  I begged to leave after the 2nd.  I couldn't take it anymore...plus I had my son to think about and it isn't like he could be at the hospital with me 24/7.  I think had I been able to get a private room, I would have stayed in longer. 

You got a home care worker!?!  No one told me about it.  Wow...I would have loved that.  But, my husband was home.  Well, maybe they don't provide (as far as I know) home care workers because spouses get such liberal paternity leave.  I think it is soemthing like 2 months total.  Hubby has been home now for almost a month and he's taking one more week before he goes back to work to help with our son.  But man, a homecare workerwould have been nice.  Hubby doesn't really help with the cleaning. 
I think 4 years is really good...my son will be 4 in mid november.  He's going to "kerho" kind of like daycare but not really...he goes 2x a week for 3 hours each time.  Then he'll go to swedish speaking daycare next year.  which is really good because my daughter will demand much more time the older she gets...
How are you handling language with your son? I speak just english with the kids and hubby speaks finnish ...we speak our own native languages to each other...
My son still mostly speaks English...it seems to be his favorite...but he's starting to speak finnish more and more and refusing to speak english with me at all on occasion.
Prazol60 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prazol60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2013 at 2:00am
We have something like a kerho but it is called a peuterspeelzaal. My son went from daycare to that 2x a week for 3 hours too! Big smile  I needed that home care worker my husband can not cook and he can clean but he would just misplace everything.

I speak English and husband Dutch but to each other it is English. We wanted to do it like you do but it just never worked out that way.

2 months? For dads?! That is sooooo great!

Edited by Prazol60 - Aug 30 2013 at 2:17am
marnee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marnee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2013 at 7:14am
how did he like it there?  what did you do with him during the other days of the week?
lol sounds like mine...i should move to the netherlands...lol I want a home care worker.
how long have you lied there?  how is your dutch? 

do you guys also get 3 years home with your child?
yep, 2 months...it is nice...i managed alone with my son, but this time it is so much harder...a toddler and a newborn is no joke :-)
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic