BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Starting over in a new city

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
juicifruit89 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juicifruit89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2014 at 1:48pm
Santa Monica ' s a place I have to look into--haven't had a chance to see Venice nor Fairfax either.  Went around the Crenshaw area which was...interesting lol. Going on a exploratory trip during 4th of July wknd to look at neighborhoods up close and personal
Sponsored Links

goodm3 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote goodm3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2014 at 1:51pm
I've moved cross country several times..but always with my job and at their expense.

...but LA is expensive I would not move there without a job already lined up. 

for your resume...why not just use your relatives address? that is common practice. 

what your major? be sure there are opportunities in LA for field. 
juicifruit89 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juicifruit89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2014 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by goodm3 goodm3 wrote:

I've moved cross country several times..but always with my job and at their expense.

...but LA is expensive I would not move there without a job already lined up. 

for your resume...why not just use your relatives address? that is common practice. 

what your major? be sure there are opportunities in LA for field. 

Hmm I didn't think of using their address...gotta start doing that. I work in HR, which is a job that's everywhere
Ladycoils View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Ladycoils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2014 at 2:08pm
I moved from Los Angeles to DC with no job lined up but a few grand saved up to get me through. I started my job search months before I left. I didn't get an offers and decided to move with or without a job. I even flew to DC prior to leaving for interviews just to show employers I was serious about relocating.

Look into temp agency and line interviews up with them.
Ladycoils View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ladycoils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2014 at 2:13pm
I would also use your families LA address on your resume that will get you some call backs. Just be prepared to tell them your in the process of relocating. Have some money saved just in case you need to fly out there to interview.

Culver city if a nice area. I lived in North hollywood - noho art district. 
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2014 at 2:15pm
Culver City is actually nice, and lol at your comment about Crenshaw.
The rent in DC is pretty much the same as here. Santa Monica is over priced depending of the street, and Venice is overpriced too.
Westwood is nice, and Palms area is good and cheap.

Don't go to East LA, majority is Hispanic and they don't like blacks at all around there. Downtown is actually nice if you are far from skid row and have your own transportation, but I don't think it is any cheaper than the Westside.
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2014 at 2:21pm
depending on your line of work

You can easily use the internets to secure a job before you go
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2014 at 2:46pm
I've done it about 4 times but I finally settled down lol.

depending on your field though you should probably have some feelers out or headhunters in the area first.
I liked to give myself 6 weeks to learn the area and get settled in before I started working though.

Edited by PurplePhase - Jun 12 2014 at 2:47pm
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2014 at 2:51pm
I live in LA so if you have any questions feel free to PM.

If I didn't  live where I live now, I would live in Culver City. It's actually well located, near things you need (fox hills mall, airport, the bridge/howard hughes, 405 freeway, marina del rey). It's safe, there are black people, and it's actually not too expensive. There's an apartment complex my friend and her husband lived in that's great too.

I want to say I heard Target corporate was hiring in their HR department but I'm not sure. But it might be something to check out. You also may want to check Boeing and any of the other engineering/space firms that are out here.
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2014 at 4:12pm
5 star thread
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>