Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Starting my annual Low-Carb diet Monday, join me!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Starting my annual Low-Carb diet Monday, join me!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 39>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
MsBianca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MsBianca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 15 2014 at 6:22pm
You're welcome!

Today is my 2nd day on induction and I'm down 2.4 lbs from yesterday's starting weight TongueTongue
(probably water weight since I'm just starting, but I'll take it)

Yesterday's meals:

B: Atkins shake
L: 4ozs Salmon and 1/2 cup of Green Beans
D: Taco Salad with Lettuce, Cheese, Ground Beef, Taco Seasoning, and Sour Cream
S: Pork Rinds
Water: 70 ozs. (approximately - need to up that)

Today's meals:

B: Bacon and a Nutriblast with Spinach, Kale, Celery, and Lemon
L: Wendy's Spicy Nuggets and Cheeseburger with NO Bun 
D: Think I'll skip it since I'm over my calorie AND carb allowance for the day lol
S: Hot & Spicy Beef Stick by Jack Links
Water: So far, 80 ozs - will try to get at least 10 more in before bed

Gonna get some exercise in tomorrow!

Originally posted by Princess Grace Princess Grace wrote:

I saw the Atkins caramel one, next time I go, I'll get some. Thanks

Muscle Milk still has the best flavors, and its not bad if you only use one scoop and mix it with soy light or unsweetened almond milk. Cry

I still wanna try Muscle Milk, cake batter, cookie dough, and it was another one I liked. 

Edited by MsBianca - Mar 15 2014 at 6:25pm
Sponsored Links

Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 5:41am
As I promised, I'm going to return to strict induction for the next two weeks. I'm deeeefinitely going to miss cheat days.

But honestly, induction isn't bad. I think the worst part of induction is just carb crash but I survive. My appetite has decreased substantially and portions I used to eat in one sitting now take me two separate sittings to complete. I am not mad at that!

A thin cut steak alone with some cheese on top fills me up for hours now! It's great! I think this carb cycling will make induction far easier for me. Plus I'm eating 1.5k calories a day with total ease.

In other news, my mother, who has yo-yo dieted all of her life (she's done EVERYTHING and stuck with it for like 1-2 weeks, smh) is finally paying attention to my words and is interested in doing the low carb high protein diet.

I'm amazed. She always jumps on fad diets and never sticks to them. I never had any interest in dieting but this thread got me interested and I did my research, something she's too stubborn to do. I tried telling her multiple times it's better to just diet on food you eat at home rather than throwing money at companies giving you tiny ass plates of frozen food but she doesn't listen.

Now that she's seeing my success she's interested. She's even asking to eat what I cook, it's funny. Let's see how long she'll stick with this interest. I hope she stays interested and I hope that interest manifests into her joining me!
MsBianca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsBianca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 4:47pm
Midna, great job on your success so far!

Yeah... low carb really isn't that bad and I think your mom will love it once she starts to see results with it herself.

I agree... after a while, I can't eat as much food as I normally eat - which is so cool because I need to really control my portions.

I'm down 1.0 lb. today from yesterday (day 3 of induction) Smile

Was hoping for more of a loss, but I'm not complaining!

Starting to feel lighter already... didn't do any exercise today and doubt I will because I'm working on a project.

Today's meals:

B: 3 Sausage patties and a Nutriblast with Spinach, Kale, Celery, and Lemon
L:  Almonds 
D: Will be buffalo wings and celery (or green beans - or both - not sure yet lol) 
Water: So far, only 40 ozs but I'm working on it

afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 5:07pm
for those of you who wanna watch your carb intake

you can punch in your meals as you go along, and will give you a running total

has almost every single food/foodstuffs you can think of

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/

ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 5:13pm
yesterday i had white castle today i had smash burger...boom!
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 5:22pm
I need to go to the grocery store, if I eat another piece of chicken Im gone start clucking Cry
TayTay View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TayTay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 11:18pm
I have pigged out for the last 3-4 days. I had Smash Burger, Krispy Kreme, froyo, candy bars, pizza, and one soda. I'm ready for low carb starting tomorrow!

Edited by TayTay - Mar 16 2014 at 11:19pm
hauteshellbi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hauteshellbi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 12:25am
Originally posted by MsBMW MsBMW wrote:

Okay crew the bad breath has kicked in...What are you taking for Ketosis for the breath?

Try mint assure capsules or body mint capsules they both work from the inside out so they don't just mask the odor
Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 6:23am
Man, I can't even tell when I have bad breath.  Only time I can tell is morning breath.

Either my breath doesn't stink/I never got into ketosis or my breath is perpetually funky and I think of its bad smell as normal.

MsBianca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsBianca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 11:20am
I will have to keep those bad breath remedies in mind - thanks hauteshellbi.

Well, I'm up 0.4 lb. today Cry

I messed up last night with Arby's ... I'll spare the details. lol

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style