Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Starting my annual Low-Carb diet Monday, join me!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Starting my annual Low-Carb diet Monday, join me!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 40>

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 5:05am
Quote "THE MYTH OF THE DAILY WEIGH-IN

THE MYTH: The scale doesn't lie.

THE REALITY: Unless you wisely interpret what your scale says, it will drive you crazy! Even the newest digital scales suffer from an age-old flaw: they can't tell you what's in your body with enough accuracy to give you day-to-day guidance on the progress of your diet. Here's why. A typical adult's body contains about forty quarts of water, but it can safely range between thirty-nine and forty-one quarts. Since each quart weighs 2 pounds, your body weight randomly varies across a 4-pound "gray zone." Thirst and kidney function kick in only when you get to the bottom or top of this zone. Cutting your carb intake to less than 50 grams per day clears a few pounds of extra water, but that just pushes your 4-pound gray zone that much lower, without narrowing the range. Add to this the 2 to 5 pounds of water that premenstrual women typically retain, and you'll see why the scale cannot possibly be completely precise in measuring progress when you're losing say, 3 pounds of fat per week. And forget about day to day. Instead consider these options:

Don't weigh yourself at all, focusing rather on how your clothes fit and how good you feel.

Weigh yourself once a week to get a sense of your general progress, thus providing yourself fewer opportunities to hate your scale.

Weigh yourself daily and record the number in your journal. Each day, take the last three values, avererage them-you can even do this on your cell phone-and write that number down in a second column. This running three-day mean smoothes out much of the random noise. Even better, keep a running average for the whole week.

Whatever method you prefer, don't let a stupid scale and a few pounds of water control your mood or sense of self-worth."

This made me feel SO much better. Cry That explains why my weight fluctuates from 180 to 184!

I've decided I'm only going to weigh myself once a week. I don't want to drive myself nuts, I was definitely in the beginning stages! LOL

From now on, I weigh myself on Sundays!

Edited by Midna - Mar 05 2014 at 5:07am
Sponsored Links

Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 6:02am
This thread is giving me so much life.

Seriously, I'm learning a lot about weight fluctuations and it is putting me at so much ease. In fact, this site is quite informative, I used to read it when I did callanetics and now I'm reading it again for its intended purpose!

I think I'll also join it.

And here I was freaking out.. LOL The thing is, I've never done anything like this before. I've never dieted before and any weight loss mission I've been on was just me doing exercising and never checking things like weight.

Anyway, my lettuce burgers have been a great staple for me. I also enjoy the cooking! Makes me feel extra self-sufficient.

Today, I only had about 9 carbs! 8 net!

Edited by Midna - Mar 05 2014 at 6:04am
Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 6:59am

Last post for the night

Looking back on MyFitnessPal entries, I've been eating about 1500 calories without even trying! Cutting carbs makes it SO much easier to eat less calories! I had no intention of counting calories yet here I am eating 1500 when my average before was 2000 with all the sweets and carbs I ate!

I just hope the lessening of calories won't get in the way of this diet.
MsBMW View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsBMW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 7:32am
Okay crew the bad breath has kicked in...What are you taking for Ketosis for the breath?

TayTay View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TayTay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 9:56am
Midna, I have weigh in days scheduled on my phone for every other weekend. Try that instead. I was going crazy weighing myself every other day.

I'm going to the store in a bit to get the essential stuff I need for low carbing. I'm trying to lose 15lbs by my birthday next month and so far my progress is slow. Good luck to everyone!
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 10:24am
I weight myself every day and don't plan on stopping.
It can drive you crazy but I don't let myself get discouraged for too long.
But I need daily reminders about what I eat.
trudawg View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trudawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 11:10am
I don't weigh myself. I don't even own a scale. I can tell when I'm loosing weight by which hole I'm fastening my belt to, lol. Loosing the water weight is key. Once that goes, then the fat will begin to burn.
It's funny because you're right, eating low carb consequently causes you to eat lower calories because of the food choices. It's a double edged sword.
I pigged out yesterday though, had a double bacon cheeseburger w/o the bun for lunch (no breakfast), then two huge avocado chicken salad wraps for dinner, and damn near half pan of those low carb cinnamon rolls for dessert. I snacked on pistachio nuts and sugar free chocolate covered peanuts in class. Probably had about 25g of carbs
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 11:45am
i don't weigh myself either.  i go solely by how my clothes (and more importantly my swim suits) fit...which is the ultimate goal imo anyway...
StylingArabella View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote StylingArabella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by MsBMW MsBMW wrote:

Okay crew the bad breath has kicked in...What are you taking for Ketosis for the breath?

Xylitol Ice Chips. A tin of them is around $5 and you get get them at most dental offices or even Walmart. They are flavored with xylitol and have zero sugars and don't make your blood sugar spike or give you bubble guts Dead. They are REALLY good and have around 1 carb in them. The gum is delicious too.

trudawg View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trudawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2014 at 9:48am
Those Xylitol strips sound like a great idea!

Yesterday I had two big cheeseburgers with bacon (no-bun) from jack n the box. Later that evening I had another sirloin burger with no bun and steamed veggies since I was on the go the majority of the day.
Today, I plan on eating tacos with low-carb tortillas for lunch and hitting the all-you-can-eat Crab legs buffet this evening!!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 40>
  Share Topic