Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Starting my annual Low-Carb diet Monday, join me!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Starting my annual Low-Carb diet Monday, join me!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 38>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2014 at 3:55am
I'm so heartbroken...

I just found out corn is not only classified as a vegetable.. but corn is also classified as a GRAIN!!

I LOVE CORN!! Cry

It'll be my cheat day meal. Man, I love eating elote and I thought the mayonnaise and parmesean cheese was what was gonna up the nutritional value and pack on the carbs.

Turns out it's the corn! Cry
Sponsored Links

Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2014 at 4:17am
I'm so tempted to just go all out on meat and eggs to up that protein but I'm doing some research and found a pretty sensible warning!

Everyone, go high on your protein, but not CRAZY high! It turns out the body can convert some protein into glucose. Do too much of that and you can actually delay ketosis because your body can turn excessive protein into sugar (and inside of you! Smh! I gotta taste the sweetness before I put it in me!) which would basically nullify your efforts in avoiding sugar and prevent ketosis.

trudawg View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote trudawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2014 at 9:41am
Lots of great low-carb recipes here
http://www.sugarfreelowcarbrecipes.com/?paged=9

No breakfast for me today, but looking forward to a bowl of carne asada, cheese, sour cream, lettuce & guacamole from Chipotle for lunch!
Marcelo22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Marcelo22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2014 at 12:50pm
Whats the point of doing this every year if u just gonna gain all the weight back? Why won't u just keep the weight off by eating better and exercising?
trudawg View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trudawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2014 at 4:56pm
Thinking about making some deep fried avocado fries! Just replace the flower with either carbquik or almond flour and the bread-crumbs for crushed pork rhines

Deep Fried Avocado Wedges

Ingredients

Canola oil, for frying
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs, beaten
1 1/4 cups Panko breadcrumbs
2 ripe avocados, cut into 1/2 inch wedges

Directions

Heat 2-3 inches of oil in large pan to 375 degrees.

Combine the flour and salt in a shallow dish. Put the eggs and breadcrumbs in separate shallow dishes.

Dip the wedges in the flour mixture, remove and shake off excess flour. Dip it in the egg, followed by the breadcrumbs.

Fry the wedges in batches for about 1 minute or until golden brown, flipping once. Drain on paper towels. Enjoy!
KottonKandy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KottonKandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2014 at 6:06pm
I never wanted to say I was on a low carb diet, but I guess that's what I did. Last spring I lost 15lbs I gained and I did it by cutting out soda/juice and eating bread/rice/pasta only one day out the week and only one serving. Rest of the days lean meats, veggies, fruits and occasionally hot wings.  I also exercise throughout the day totaling about an hour a day. I've been doing well with that since Dec. Then end of January, I decided to go meatless three days out of week and only eat WHOLE GRAIN rice and bread on those days. I've since lost another 5lbs. However, though whole wheat is better than white, I don't want to feel the need to always have bread/rice. 

So I will be looking forward to recipes and tips in this thread. 
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KottonKandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2014 at 6:12pm
Originally posted by Marcelo22 Marcelo22 wrote:

Whats the point of doing this every year if u just gonna gain all the weight back? Why won't u just keep the weight off by eating better and exercising?

Bingo! That's why I said I never wanted to say I was on a low carb diet. Everything I do now is for a lifetime. But there are other benefits of being on a low card diet as well. 
Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2014 at 6:30pm
Yeah this low carb diet thing is going to be temporary but I'm going to alter my regular diet to be similar. I guess I'll do that carb cycling deal as a part of my regular diet.

Anyway, today I did some grocery shopping. Didn't buy anything special. Just bought cheese, romaine lettuce, baked chicken, cherry tomatoes, raw chicken breast and raw beef. I also bought some yummy protein bars but those I can only eat once a day due to it having 25g of carbs. It's such a delicious protein bar- it's called PoeerBar and their peanut butter chocolate bar is the GOAT!

I'm gonna have some eggs later. :D
Cocoa View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Cocoa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2014 at 6:42pm
[​IMG]
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KottonKandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2014 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by Midna Midna wrote:

I'm so heartbroken...

I just found out corn is not only classified as a vegetable.. but corn is also classified as a GRAIN!!

I LOVE CORN!! Cry

It'll be my cheat day meal. Man, I love eating elote and I thought the mayonnaise and parmesean cheese was what was gonna up the nutritional value and pack on the carbs.

Turns out it's the corn! Cry

I found that out long ago as well. I love corn too. I haven't had it in a while though. 

I clink on the recipe link someone posted above and I'm researching about coconut flour. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 38>
  Share Topic