BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Starting all over on your own

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
purpulicious01 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purpulicious01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 29 2013 at 10:16am
Originally posted by goodm3 goodm3 wrote:

As long as I'm single...im open to move. 

When i get married...i'll still be open to move however when kids come into play....I will not move. I think its important to have kids grow up in 1 place....but I will be very selective about where I will raise my family. 

I do think that everyone in their 20s should be open to move. its a great experience and it teaches where you want to live at different stages in life. I loved NYC at 25....but when I think about my life at 45...i would never want to be raise a family there. 

This is me to the t.

When I start raising my own family, I wouldn't have the energy nor would I want to do much moving (if push comes to shove, I'd move if necessary).

I'm still young (early 20s) and open to travel to visit new places, but even now I just prefer to stay in one area for a significant amount of time with  a library full of good books to sit around and read, a home with some land to grow my own food,  and to be surrounded by my family and the people I love.

Sponsored Links

Ds2nice View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ds2nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 29 2013 at 1:11pm
40 for me.  I'm already feeling tired of starting anything new and i'm almost to that age.   If I lose something along the way, then I just find ways to make do.   
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 29 2013 at 1:38pm

lol we are settled now but maybe we would move in 20 years?  I don't know
Starrygurl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Starrygurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 29 2013 at 2:51pm
I don't know where or when I would settle down, I may be all over the place.LOL
Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 29 2013 at 4:11pm
i dont know...ive been here 5 years already...and im so ready to go. i dont know why...i cant stay in one place for too long.
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 29 2013 at 4:11pm
On the one hand, I've done this so many times that I'm completely over it at the age of 27. On the other hand "losing it all" doesn't bother me. There's nothing I can lose that can't be found again. I guess I've just been forced to learn to be content with what I have, even if it's not what I want.

I just read this blog post on zen habits that sort of applies..."Burn Down the Farm".
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 29 2013 at 4:17pm
I'm not too attached to "things" ... I can let a lot go if needed

I've moved at the drop of a hat and will do it again if it meets our needs and goals

I've not regretted a single move

Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 29 2013 at 4:25pm
Change and how I respond to it is a major life theme for me.
What i have learned is that sometimes I feel like life is 'breaking down'.
I try to build something and yet it seems like the universe is out to get ME, spitefully stepping on everything I try to build.

I'm not wrong, so that's good to know for my sanity's sake, but what I've realized is that everything that breaks down in my life does so for a real reason. Growing up my mother called it 'jumping hurdles'. It's forcing something into fruition that is not meant to be for me. Well now i call it something else, but i think of it much differently.

I used to be sad, angry, and hurt when things didn't 'go my way' but now i understand that 'my way' wasn't the way meant for me, so i shouldn't have thought of it as 'my way' to begin with. But i did, and from that is where the resistance comes.

We often fear that which we don't have all of the details. Essentially, this fear is not justified.
So you may have to move, yes you may be tired of it, but perhaps you are tired because what your aim was to do things you thought were good for you, when all they dis was deplete your energy.
Perhaps this move isn't a blockage, but a new opening that could lead you to a more revived state of being.

Edited by Derri - Oct 29 2013 at 4:26pm
creole booty View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote creole booty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 29 2013 at 4:30pm
40. I don't want to still have to get my life stable after 40. I'm 26 now, so that could change, but I even hate change right now. My HOME is Chicago. Where I want to settle is downtown/south loop Chicago. Or the extreme opposite which would b a rich suburb of Chicago. I don't mind moving around a little now, but that's where all my family and friends are. I feel u Jolie.

Oh, I live in a diff state right now and I was depressed the whole first year. I still go home once a month and when it takes too long I'm sad. I moved around a lot as a kid and because of that I have no childhood friends. No childhood homes that I can still visit. I don't want to do that to my kid. She'll have a home that doesn't change. That's why I refer to the entire city as home, I lived all over it. My childhood friends r like kids I went to school with and found on fb, but no one close.
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 29 2013 at 4:39pm
It's never too late/ never too old. I guess I'd say as long as I can still drive lol.

I used to like moving to a state where I didn't know anyone and putting down temporary roots. That wasn't really starting over though, more of continuing life.

My sister &husband  like to do this about every 7 years or so lol. Just pick the family up and set down roots in another state. I'd like to do that now but hub is more rooted than I am so I've been stuckHeart with him.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic