Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

~*Starlight VS Qhp (2013)*~

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
BlaXiCaN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BlaXiCaN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ~*Starlight VS Qhp (2013)*~
    Posted: Dec 18 2013 at 8:06pm
Before every one comments "just do a search" "there's threads about this"

Been there done that and all the threads are in my opinion outdated (2012 and earlier)..I am looking for anyone that has purchased from STARLIGHT and/or QHP this year (2013 ..) and can speak on the quality of it Big smile ..so many posts were mentioning the quality of QHP deteriorating while others are saying its fine..also, there's mention from last year that STARLIGHT is drier than QHP at the ends while others are saying its the same hair and the same factory is producing it.

there is about a $20 difference in price between the 2 sites on aliexpress (starlight being cheaper by $20) and they are both running the same xmas special (3 bundles free shipping) which leads me to believe either they are indeed infilliated or they are competing. (a little competition means lower prices ..which is good ) LOL

THANKS Star
Sponsored Links

MrsJHorn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsJHorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 19 2013 at 10:52am
I can't speak to Starlight, but I purchased from QHP twice in 2012. I beat that hair to the ground (dyed, fried, you name it). I moved on to some other AliExpress vendors to try to save a buck after they started hiking prices and needless to say I went right back to QHP. I just received and installed this week some hair from QHP and I'm loving it. Granted, it hasn't been a full week yet but I expect I will have the same experiences from before. Some people don't. I don't trust any of these Ali Vendors so unless its coming straight from the  QHP store I'm not taking a chance. I've wasted a lot of money on other vendors. We'll see if I change my mind in a couple weeks though Smile
MrsJHorn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsJHorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 19 2013 at 10:54am
Also, don't be fooled by QHP's "free shipping". All they do is mark up the "free shipping" hair price and the difference ends up being about $5.
BlaXiCaN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlaXiCaN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 19 2013 at 8:58pm

Ok so i took a gamble and ordered my brazilian straight hair from starlight. Tongue 

Here's why:
after trying to make my purchase in the middle of the night last night for 2 hours i then realized (after searching through bhm) that aliexpress doesnt accept debit cards OR paypal as of 2011.. Angry so i immediately hit the "contact" button in my check out basket and i received a message back almost immediately from the rep for starlight stating they apologized and would handle it for me Embarrassed they also took notice of my mini list of demands and said that they would try their best to meet my demands. lol (thanks bhm for guiding me on what to ask for!! Clap cuticles aligned..100%virgin ...no fillers..etc)

what shocked me, though, was the fact that in my personal email i received a message from  JUAN stating that he/she noticed i had placed multiple orders in error on QHP and STARLIGHT and that he/she saw the rep was taking care of me and was hoping i was satisfied. He/she also mentioned that they did see my demands and would be sure to note that once i paid and to email him/her if i needed anything else...she/he concluded the email by saying to keep corresponding back with the rep i was dealing with . AWESOME CUSTOMER SERVICEBig smile (i picked all that out from the broken english lol)

I responded to juan..then went back and kept corresponding with my rep on starlight..we ended up making it where i could use my paypal Star So today after calling my bank and clearing things up (they blocked my account over night once they saw me trying to make purchases on aliexpress) i was able to purchase my hair and am now waiting on shipment Clap

so what i gathered is that JUAN is the HNIC..or HBIC...lol bottom line. Now lets just hope that the quality of the hair is no different although i got a bargain at starlight ! Please pray with me yall !! i have a rats nest in my head i purchased from and american vendor for  $300 3 weeks ago and im praying i dont make that same mistake by going with this vendor. I might scream if i dont get more that a month out of this hair..i need it for NYE lol Shocked
kandyse1988 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kandyse1988 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2013 at 9:02am
i bought QHP earlier this year and i was disappointed, i just didnt see what the big fuss was about in his great quality hair... i believe after the whole genesis virgin hair company being outed for selling QHP hair the quality must have did a great shift... well basically with mine i bought lengths 28,24,20,16 more wavy. Well the first problem was that my 24 inch had so much filler in it especially at the ends so i just had to cut off 2-3 inches and it had looked so obvious. Second problem was that when i washed it the waves never returned it was just straight hair at that point. Thirdly the curling, all the bundles curled really well except for my 28 inch i tried curling it and it just would either "bend" or just stay straight.. I tried flexi rods but the other bundles holds the curls... The only time the hair was great was when i wore it bone straight. The quality could of definitely been better, the shedding wasn't bad but i did seal my wefts... basically i had  experienced better quality on aliexpress so that's my QHP story

I gave it to a friend of mine because she needed like emergency wefts and she wears it now so it lasts... 
BlaXiCaN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlaXiCaN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2013 at 9:49pm
Originally posted by kandyse1988 kandyse1988 wrote:

i bought QHP earlier this year and i was disappointed, i just didnt see what the big fuss was about in his great quality hair... i believe after the whole genesis virgin hair company being outed for selling QHP hair the quality must have did a great shift... well basically with mine i bought lengths 28,24,20,16 more wavy. Well the first problem was that my 24 inch had so much filler in it especially at the ends so i just had to cut off 2-3 inches and it had looked so obvious. Second problem was that when i washed it the waves never returned it was just straight hair at that point. Thirdly the curling, all the bundles curled really well except for my 28 inch i tried curling it and it just would either "bend" or just stay straight.. I tried flexi rods but the other bundles holds the curls... The only time the hair was great was when i wore it bone straight. The quality could of definitely been better, the shedding wasn't bad but i did seal my wefts... basically i had  experienced better quality on aliexpress so that's my QHP story

I gave it to a friend of mine because she needed like emergency wefts and she wears it now so it lasts... 

perfect! This got me excited because i ordered the brazilian straight bc i want a bone straight look..i hope there's NO waves at all LOL

kandyse1988 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kandyse1988 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 21 2013 at 12:05am
Originally posted by BlaXiCaN BlaXiCaN wrote:

Originally posted by kandyse1988 kandyse1988 wrote:

perfect! This got me excited because i ordered the brazilian straight bc i want a bone straight look..i hope there's NO waves at all LOL

lol ell then you should be good.. but alays remember that some straight hair as a natural wave to it.. But yeah I never had a problem with the hair when I flat ironed it bone straight.
BlaXiCaN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlaXiCaN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 21 2013 at 2:33am
after dealing with this curly mess in my head i might screammmm if i see another wave or ringlet lol lol LOL
Jess View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 25 2013 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by MrsJHorn MrsJHorn wrote:

Also, don't be fooled by QHP's "free shipping". All they do is mark up the "free shipping" hair price and the difference ends up being about $5.
So is it better to pay for shipping?
BlaXiCaN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlaXiCaN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 25 2013 at 5:51pm

I think what she meant was...some of the specials they offer arent really deals...for an example..lets say w/o free shipping the hair is normally 150...and with shipping at 30..so ur total would be 180...

she's saying..with some of the sales they run they'll mark up the hair (so instead of it being 150 theyll go up to 175) and then say free shipping

so in the end its only about a 5 dollar difference that you saved lol
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic