Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Star Trek.....And Beyond

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 10>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2013 at 4:00am
Originally posted by nekamarie83 nekamarie83 wrote:

Originally posted by Az~Maverick Az~Maverick wrote:

Originally posted by AshBash89 AshBash89 wrote:

Nerds...lol when I was younger I thought that Star Wars and Star Trek were the same thing.
Yes I am....AND PROUD OF IT! Stern SmileLOLLOL

The SW fans will tell you quick they're not the same LOL I think they're more hardcore than trekkies LOL
having grown up with star trek, they were never confused. i'm fine with nerd status. LOL

and i think star wars fans are desperate. and i mean that with no shade. it's like because they only have the 6 films, some animated series and some books or something, they can feasibly memorize that, be hardcore and wait with baited breath for lucas to drop xyz. 

being a trekkie is harder. to attempt, we would have to memorize the characters, bios and plots of like 5 television series, 10 films and 2 reboots on top of the extra sh!t: uniform designs/colors/insignia, ship numbers/designs, planet classes, alien races, alien languages...

maaaaaaan look. LOL

Baheeeee!! sho u right.  don't go to a convention and not have your facts straight.

I actually like SW too tho.  My boy tells me that some of the books are better than the movies.
Sponsored Links

mommykat View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mommykat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2013 at 8:57am
ST:DS9 and the love is strong.

Deep Space Nine- In the Pale Moonlight is perhaps the best single episode in my opinion for this series…
The flashback story by Sisko goes against the prime directive when he abandons moral code.
Perhaps, this episode does show the dark side of The Best Caption in the history of Star Trek existences… however, I do not believe he had a choice.

All in all, what separates this series from others is black love in a Sci-Fi--- Benjamin Sisko and Kasidy Yates. And the Caption did love baseball… and so did Kasidy/wife…

Favorite Characters:
Benjamin Sisko, Dukat, and Quark
Jadzia Dax, Elim Garak
Odo
Worf --- (Love you) Michael Dorn He grew up in Pasadena, California. He studied radio and television production at the Pasadena City College.
Kai Winn Adami
Morn
The whole cast…
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2013 at 9:46am
Worf is a Cali kid...Pasadena?HeartHeartHeart
smartgirl88 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote smartgirl88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2013 at 11:38am
I'm a Captain Janeway kind of gal. I watch an episode on hulu everyday.
nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2013 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

Baheeeee!! sho u right.  don't go to a convention and not have your facts straight.

I actually like SW too tho.  My boy tells me that some of the books are better than the movies.
In personal experience and interaction, sw fans are a rabid bunch.

Trekkies seem to be more laid back. However, you will get clowned if you don't know something "basic".

Hmmmm, I've not read any of the books.
PeacefulOne View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote PeacefulOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2013 at 10:25pm
Much love for Star Trek, all of them!
Faves are Captain Kirk, Spock, Captain Picard, Riker, Guinan,  Captain Sisco.
Loved the Next Generation, especially the episodes with Whoopie Goldberg, dropping some strange knowledge on the captain.

I loved the episode when Picard beams down to a planet, and lives a lifetime there, forgets he is a captain, then gets beamed back to the ship, to discover the planet had been destroyed eons before, and he was just experiencing the culture of the planet in a few minutes.  Made me think, what if that's what is really going on in real life?

So many of those shows were metaphysical and scientific at the same time, and I loved that about them.
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2013 at 5:04am
How could I forget about Guinan.  She was interesting.  No one knew how old she was, she seemed to be the only one that knew when they were in the wrong timeline, she knew about The Borg and she knew Q before everybody...and had the skills to actually physically fight him from one episode I remember seeing.  I found it funny that she really wouldn't speak on The Borg until they had an actual run in.  In that episode where Q knocked them way out of everything and all Guinan would say is "U better turn back now."
Az~Maverick View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Az~Maverick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2013 at 5:35am

oh...oh..and the episode where the crew beam down to this Eden looking place that was fun for everyone...until Wesley stepped on the grass.

Was that the one where Wesley almost gets killed for breaking that window? Yeah, that's the one where everyone would run everywhere just to run....and make love at the drop of a hat......any hat. LOL 
Az~Maverick View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Az~Maverick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2013 at 5:39am

How could I forget about Guinan.  She was interesting.  No one knew how old she was, she seemed to be the only one that knew when they were in the wrong timeline, she knew about The Borg and she knew Q before everybody...and had the skills to actually physically fight him from one episode I remember seeing.  I found it funny that she really wouldn't speak on The Borg until they had an actual run in.  In that episode where Q knocked them way out of everything and all Guinan would say is "U better turn back now."

Argh, I'm mad I forgot about Guinan too! Angry

Loved her! She was always the voice of reason and logic, she always had a way of explaining things in the simplest ways....and that would make you stop and think.
BHMModerator5 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
BHM Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BHMModerator5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2013 at 6:32am
Generations - Picard - Love him to this day. Data was one of my favs as well. Could not F-ing stand Deanna Tori...OMG, her vibe/mind reading self. Ughhhh!!!!!

DS9  was a fav of mine

I don't know if it was a spin off but my best of all was Babylon 5 OMG. I was hooked. Their enemy the Shadow had me mezmorized. I loved!!!! that series.

Wrath of Khan the best of all.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 10>