Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Star Jones blasts Scandal and Olivia Pope
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
 

Star Jones blasts Scandal and Olivia Pope

 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>




The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 2.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
pattigurlatl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: May 14 2006
Status: Offline
Points: 37703
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote pattigurlatl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2013 at 11:41pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

Shondra is not lucky. stop trying to diminish what that black woman has accomplished bc you disagree with her portrayal of ONE black character [out of the myriad that she has had].  Most of her shows feature some sort of interracial and gay couple.
Please stop being a pacifist; Slaves believed that their children would be slaves regardless of evidence of other conclusions. A mindset is a mindset even if you aren't aware of the fact that you  might own that mindset yourself.

Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
TayTay View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: Mar 01 2007
Location: surfbordt
Status: Offline
Points: 75676
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TayTay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2013 at 11:41pm
If this show was with a white woman main character....
Back to Top
pattigurlatl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: May 14 2006
Status: Offline
Points: 37703
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote pattigurlatl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2013 at 11:44pm
Originally posted by TayTay TayTay wrote:

If this show was with a white woman main character....
Infidelity in the white world is equivalent to peeing and therefore has no repercussions or consequences.
Back to Top
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: Feb 08 2007
Location: Escarpin
Status: Offline
Points: 445247
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2013 at 11:44pm
Originally posted by pattigurlatl pattigurlatl wrote:

Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

Shondra is not lucky. stop trying to diminish what that black woman has accomplished bc you disagree with her portrayal of ONE black character [out of the myriad that she has had].  Most of her shows feature some sort of interracial and gay couple.
Please stop being a pacifist; Slaves believed that their children would be slaves regardless of evidence of other conclusions. A mindset is a mindset even if you aren't aware of the fact that you  might own that mindset yourself.


uh huh. you can continue to maintain your opinion and i mine. not convinced by your air of supposed superiority/authority on this topic.
Back to Top
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Jul 12 2008
Location: CrackaIsland
Status: Offline
Points: 357696
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2013 at 11:45pm
Patty you wont let us forget that we're all still slaves .... You say it often trust me.

I get ur stance  and stars  I dont agree 100%.


Back to Top
pattigurlatl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: May 14 2006
Status: Offline
Points: 37703
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pattigurlatl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2013 at 11:47pm
Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:

Patty you wont let us forget that we're all still slaves .... You say it often trust me.

I get ur stance  and stars  I dont agree 100%.


G, I respect your stance as well.
Back to Top
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: Feb 08 2007
Location: Escarpin
Status: Offline
Points: 445247
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2013 at 11:48pm
Originally posted by Finesseful Finesseful wrote:

Tired of black women being the worlds punching bags. It's like we are under a microscope 24/7. This sh*t ain't even real.

If the show was 100% positive, niccas would say it was unrealistic.

they said this about the Cosby Show...said it was elitist and blacks dont live that wayConfused

eta: and by the way i would LOVE if she were with a black guy...and this episode they showed her leaning in that direction with Harrison so I am excited to see how that relationship develops. 

Shondra makes her characters have terrible and twisted love affairs that everyone knows will end badly...it's her shtick....


Edited by EPITOME - Jan 31 2013 at 11:51pm
Back to Top
pattigurlatl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: May 14 2006
Status: Offline
Points: 37703
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pattigurlatl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 12:01am
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

Originally posted by Finesseful Finesseful wrote:

Tired of black women being the worlds punching bags. It's like we are under a microscope 24/7. This sh*t ain't even real.

If the show was 100% positive, niccas would say it was unrealistic.

they said this about the Cosby Show...said it was elitist and blacks dont live that wayConfused

eta: and by the way i would LOVE if she were with a black guy...and this episode they showed her leaning in that direction with Harrison so I am excited to see how that relationship develops. 

Shondra makes her characters have terrible and twisted love affairs that everyone knows will end badly...it's her shtick....
It's her shtick and it is rooted in racism. Just because it is rooted in racism doesn't make it any less impacting,
Back to Top
Finesseful View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member
Avatar

Joined: Jan 04 2013
Location: Kansas
Status: Offline
Points: 38304
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Finesseful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 12:04am
If the main character was a black man sleeping with some white mans wife this thread would not be here. 
Back to Top
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: Feb 08 2007
Location: Escarpin
Status: Offline
Points: 445247
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 12:07am
Originally posted by pattigurlatl pattigurlatl wrote:

Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

Originally posted by Finesseful Finesseful wrote:

Tired of black women being the worlds punching bags. It's like we are under a microscope 24/7. This sh*t ain't even real.

If the show was 100% positive, niccas would say it was unrealistic.

they said this about the Cosby Show...said it was elitist and blacks dont live that wayConfused

eta: and by the way i would LOVE if she were with a black guy...and this episode they showed her leaning in that direction with Harrison so I am excited to see how that relationship develops. 

Shondra makes her characters have terrible and twisted love affairs that everyone knows will end badly...it's her shtick....
It's her shtick and it is rooted in racism. Just because it is rooted in racism doesn't make it any less impacting,


even the couples that are all white? or asian and white? or lesbians and one is hispanic and the other white?Confused im saying complicated love stories is a common plot device that she uses regardless of race.  

you only notice this one bc it stars a black woman... of course as a black woman we want Kerri to be the epitome of femininity w/no flaws...

another thought: black people IMO would also have had a problem if she had cast Olivia to look like the real life character...who is lightskinned w/waist length hair and that would have been another thread.

i am not attributing the success of any woman ESPECIALLY a black woman who has written and created three successful shows for a network solely on luck.  it is not my attempt to be PC but i do think it's your way of dismissing her hard work bc of this character.  


Edited by EPITOME - Feb 01 2013 at 12:13am
Back to Top
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down