Perfect Hair Collection

stage plays what your fav?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: stage plays what your fav?
    Posted: May 15 2014 at 11:22pm
I would love to see the Wiz come back to the stage- an updated version?
I still have never see a TP play they seem actually GREAT! as far as talent!

Now days I've been into the ballet
Sponsored Links

maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2014 at 11:31pm
My favorite? Tie between The Color Purple, A Trip to Bountiful (Cicely Tyson gives me life), and A Raisin in the Sun.

I really also like Our Town, some shakespeare plays, and a bunch of the classics.

As far as musicals...Book of Mormon, Lion King, Washington Heights, Cats, Fela, Chicago, Cabaret, and many others I'm forgetting.

NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2014 at 12:24am
Ntozake Shange's stage play For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide When the Rainbow Is Enuf. Anything by August Wilson.
liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2014 at 12:25am
I'm not really into plays. I've never seen them performed but my favorites are A Streetcar Named Desire and Othello.
KittenWhip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KittenWhip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2014 at 11:25pm
Not familiar with "Washington Heights".  Do you mean "In The Heights"?

There are very few Broadway shows I haven't enjoyed (Good Vibrations; Cry Baby - to name 2), but if I had to pick my favorites (mostly musicals): Les Miserables (NOT the movie); Rocky; Aida; Gypsy; Beauty and the Beast; Memphis; Merrily We Roll Along; Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street (NOT the movie); Ragtime (personal favorite because of family); Jesus Christ Superstar; Evita; Chess; Jersey Boys...  I could go on.

Plays:  Art; Present Laughter; To Be Young, Gifted and Black (sadly, only read this play; no one seems to perform it any longer); The Trip to Bountiful;  ...  and so many more...
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2014 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by NJHairLuv NJHairLuv wrote:

Ntozake Shange's stage play For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide When the Rainbow Is Enuf. Anything by August Wilson.

Heart
we did this one in school. 
this and Dreamgirls (original) was a staple at all performance type events. LOL

Edited by PurplePhase - May 25 2014 at 5:21pm
PeacefulOne View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeacefulOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2014 at 9:13am
Ooh! I love theater! Saw the touring company of Memphis, it was excellent! I loved The Crucible, I played Tituba in 2 productions locally, and felt it was a powerful piece. Some shows I would love to see include Extremeties, Night Mother, and Nuts, but they are considered too controversial for this town. Boo! But I LOVE theater, and I will follow this thread.

Lol, Purp, I played Deena Jones in Dreamgirls years ago.
PeacefulOne View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeacefulOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2014 at 9:19am
Originally posted by KittenWhip KittenWhip wrote:

Not familiar with "Washington Heights".  Do you mean "In The Heights"?

There are very few Broadway shows I haven't enjoyed (Good Vibrations; Cry Baby - to name 2), but if I had to pick my favorites (mostly musicals): Les Miserables (NOT the movie); Rocky; Aida; Gypsy; Beauty and the Beast; Memphis; Merrily We Roll Along; Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street (NOT the movie); Ragtime (personal favorite because of family); Jesus Christ Superstar; Evita; Chess; Jersey Boys...  I could go on.

Plays:  Art; Present Laughter; To Be Young, Gifted and Black (sadly, only read this play; no one seems to perform it any longer); The Trip to Bountiful;  ...  and so many more...

KW you are my long lost sister! I haven't met many people who have seen or know about Chess, and Ragtime,JCST, and Evita, are also shows I have performed in. Love love. Also did RENT, and love the show. I also love Into The Woods. I need to go audition for something.
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2014 at 11:35am
So incredibly jealous of those of you who have seen several stage plays/musicals

I've seen many as a child (when to a performing arts school) but only a few professional ones

My favorite was Fela, it was amazeballs
I'll die if I don't get to see The Lion King
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2014 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by PeacefulOne PeacefulOne wrote:

Lol, Purp, I played Deena Jones in Dreamgirls years ago.

I had DG a role too! Beer
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>