Forum Home Forum Home > Exercise, Fitness, & Health > Exercise
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

squats (before & after results)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
weavequeen83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weavequeen83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2012 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by hairologist hairologist wrote:

Man you ladies are doing over 100lbs in squats? I 'am doing 50lbs, and I'am kind of struggling with that on my last set. Maybe I should up my punds to 100? But then I can only do like 3 sets of 4 reps  lol

How many reps are you doing when you squat?  How far are you going down?

When I say lift "heavy", you should be struggling (but not to the point your form suffers) to get to the 8th rep.  50lbs is light, HOWEVER, are you struggling to push out that 8th rep?
Sponsored Links

PRnena View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PRnena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2012 at 9:24pm
100lb squats?!!!!!

*ashamed of my 20 pound squats with dumbells* Cry
oh_so_moody View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oh_so_moody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2012 at 9:31pm
I use 140 lbs of weight on the Smith Machine.

Squats WILL increase your buns.

Use 5 lbs weights under each heel when you do them and you will feel the difference.

(not barbell weights!!!)
just in case someone is new in the arena of fitness

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weavequeen83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2012 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by oh_so_moody oh_so_moody wrote:

I use 140 lbs of weight on the Smith Machine.

Squats WILL increase your buns.

Use 5 lbs weights under each heel when you do them and you will feel the difference.

(not barbell weights!!!)
just in case someone is new in the arena of fitness

Have you ever squatted from a rack? 140 on the smith machine, and 140 on the rack feel TOTALLY different. The ROM on the smith machine bothers me. Once I got comfortable with using the squat rack, I haven't touched th smith machine

Edited by weavequeen83 - Apr 23 2012 at 9:44pm
luvurself View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvurself Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2012 at 3:15pm
Which do yall rec? The smith machine or not? I've heard different views, but currently I use the smith machine w/ 100lbs. Should I try squats w/o the smith machine?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weavequeen83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2012 at 10:46am
Originally posted by luvurself luvurself wrote:

Which do yall rec? The smith machine or not? I've heard different views, but currently I use the smith machine w/ 100lbs. Should I try squats w/o the smith machine?

I guess it's up to you.. but I don't like the smith machine.. I prefer squating from the rack for anything over 100lbs.. the reason being, thats the highest i've been able to lift a barbell and put on my shoulders without needing the rack to start with, if that makes sense.
NattyDoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NattyDoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2012 at 1:03pm
I need to get back into squatting. My friend and I work out together, and we can only get together 2-3 times a week and have so many other areas of the body we're trying to work on, it's hard to fit squats in anywhere. :/

Plus I only have ten pound weights for when I workout. We haven't been able to afford anything else and have to share the little bit of weights we do have...sad face...

But I'm going to buy more weights soon, and I'm def starting my squats again this weekend! All my other workouts are giving me hips out of nowhere, which is great, but I need faster results for a big booty! If I keep my current routine, I'll have giant hips and just a mediocre butt. :(:(:(
honniecake View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honniecake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2012 at 10:11pm
ooohh so if i lose some weight by running, (tryna get my legs to be skinnier and lean since they are sooo chunky from losing muscle) and do a ton of squats, i will have a chunky BUTT !?! i wonder how much of my face fat will go down if i lose like 20 pounds..my leg muscle adds like 40 pounds to me i think. then i want to keep my boobs, so i guess push ups will help with that. right??
kwicherbichen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kwicherbichen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2013 at 12:48am
Ohhh I don't know your name, but the doubting poster is driving me NUTS!

You cannot "spot gain" FAT, but you CAN SPOT GAIN MUSCLE! 
TeenaDaDiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeenaDaDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2013 at 8:40pm
I need to start incorporating Squats in my work out regime I have seen alot of people with results. 
< id="pluginobj" ="application/x-vnd-actl-tl" style="width: 1px; height: 1px; visibility: ;">

IG:MissTinaDiva
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>