BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Spring/Summer Festivals...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
BeatriceBean View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeatriceBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by PurplePhase PurplePhase wrote:

Originally posted by BeatriceBean BeatriceBean wrote:

Originally posted by goodm3 goodm3 wrote:

Purple...if you are in Raleigh..l NEED you to go to the Art of Cool festival... 

http://aocfestival.org/

Its this weekend... and the line up is EVERYTHING. 

This looks amazing!!!! I wish I had known about it Cry

are you there now?
or is that something you would have traveled for? lol

I'm nowhere near it but I would travel for that lineup! I'm planning a few trips back to the US anyway so it would have been a nice detour back to DC lol
Sponsored Links

PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 3:22pm

I'm nowhere near it but I would travel for that lineup! I'm planning a few trips back to the US anyway so it would have been a nice detour back to DC lol

LOL
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeatriceBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 3:26pm

LOL, the Af-Am festival is usually really nice. Downtown Baltimore is a lot of fun in the summer, and it's actually really pretty, too (downtown, that is lol).

I agree. And the harbor boutiques are a shopaholics dream, or so I heard from one LOL

I've heard that too LOL
goodm3 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goodm3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 3:27pm

LOL, the Af-Am festival is usually really nice. Downtown Baltimore is a lot of fun in the summer, and it's actually really pretty, too (downtown, that is lol).

I agree. And the harbor boutiques are a shopaholics dream, or so I heard from one LOL

When I think Baltimore...i think the HBO show "the Wire"...and the comedian Monique.

neither of which give me the "you won't get robbed or shot or stabbed or killed" fuzzy feeling i need when i travel.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeatriceBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by goodm3 goodm3 wrote:

When I think Baltimore...i think the HBO show "the Wire"...and the comedian Monique.

neither of which give me the "you won't get robbed or shot or stabbed or killed" fuzzy feeling i need when i travel.

I'm not gonna lie and say Baltimore isn't, because it is LOL But the show definitely only speaks to one aspect of the city. I'm a DC native so it pains me to say it, but I actually LOVE Baltimore. There are lots of medical professionals there because of Johns Hopkins and UM-Medical Center, so it's a great city for doctors and nurses. It also has a large legal professional community, government and military presence (Fort Meade is pretty close). Downtown near the Inner Harbor, Fells Point, Charles Village and Federal Hill are great communities and there are so many amazing restaurants. And I think it's a nice escape from the pretentiousness and high cost of living in DC, too.

It has a similar vibe to Philly...I don't know if that makes it more or less appealing though lol

Edited by BeatriceBean - Apr 23 2014 at 3:41pm
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 3:41pm
^Fells Point is hella expensive Aunt Bea
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeatriceBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 3:47pm

She's just talking about a visit Pity LOL

But Fells Point has some reasonably-priced places. And even if it is expensive, you'll still get a lot more for your money than you would in the DC/Northern VA. I own a house in Fed Hill and that's 1.5 the size of a house I owned in Bloomingdale (DC) and the value is $240K less!
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 3:48pm

I'm not gonna lie and say Baltimore isn't, because it is LOL But the show definitely only speaks to one aspect of the city. I'm a DC native so it pains me to say it, but I actually LOVE Baltimore. There are lots of medical professionals there because of Johns Hopkins and UM-Medical Center, so it's a great city for doctors and nurses. It also has a large legal professional community, government and military presence (Fort Meade is pretty close). Downtown near the Inner Harbor, Fells Point, Charles Village and Federal Hill are great communities and there are so many amazing restaurants. And I think it's a nice escape from the pretentiousness and high cost of living in DC, too.

It has a similar vibe to Philly...I don't know if that makes it more or less appealing though lol

and I know how that must hurt LOL

I love Fells Pt.
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 3:51pm
If I go to the AA festival, I'm staying at a friend's house #cheapskate.

I've heard the B-more stories but if it is like most cities, they make sure the festival area is extra safe so they can get that festival cash.Cool
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeatriceBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 3:55pm

and I know how that must hurt LOL

I love Fells Pt.

it really does Broken Heart I'd never say it outside of BHM though!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic