Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Sportscaster: Blacks Need to Stop Blaming Whites
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Sportscaster: Blacks Need to Stop Blaming Whites

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13141516>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
keepgrowing View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote keepgrowing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2014 at 1:11pm
I had to work with yts all day yesterday and didn't want to snap on one of them (which has happened before) after coming into this thread and reading what that bastard wrote. Why does everyone have to comment about what black people are or are not doing? If he made disparaging comments about women being paid less being their fault and to stop blaming sexism, his penis would have been put in a blender by now by a white feminist. Did steven a smith or don lemon come to support costas or are they going to have another new negro sipping the coonlaid defend costa's remarks?
Sponsored Links

keepgrowing View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote keepgrowing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2014 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by CherryBlossom CherryBlossom wrote:

Originally posted by callmeDEva callmeDEva wrote:

I was happy when Shonda Rhimes put in that scene with Olivia's dad yelling at her, telling her that all his life he taught her she had to be better, that she had to do more to even be on the same playing field as her white counterparts.

Glad that was shown on a white network. Everyone in my house was screaming and clapping, twitter blew up lol.

Those conversations are real and very relevant
Shockedare you in my head?? cos I came in to say the exact same thing...LOL

my daddy gave me the same speech...it opened my eyes and made me push myself even harder...I have the same hunger and drive to this day

teaching your kids about the reality of racism isn't tantamount to instilling in them self-defeat...I know it made me stronger

My mom told me the same thing in 2nd grade. She told me I had to work harder if I wanted to be seen as good because all those little white kids will be getting handouts for the rest of their life just for being white. Discussing our history is essential. And it didn't make me feel bad about being black. It made me know why lil susy and ethan were loved amongst the white teachers while me and the rest of the ethnic kids were given timeouts for justing talking out of turn. Instead of internalizing that there's something wrong with me, my mom made me realize that there is something wrong with them.
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2014 at 1:44pm
whosbotheringme View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whosbotheringme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2014 at 3:49pm
^^^Wow would I have loved to meet himCry
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2014 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

know I would have had a worse time at a PWI

why do you think that…?
uppitynegroid View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uppitynegroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2014 at 4:28pm
I went to a PWI, but only associated with black students and I think that kind of worked against me.
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2014 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by JasmineE02 JasmineE02 wrote:

What are some other things we need to do to get our ish together...so I can show that we've been doing it.  Our men are taking care of their children.  We're opening our own businesses.  We're making money. We're going to college.  Is there anything else? LOL  
register republican and dtermine which loser will will run against the democrats
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2014 at 4:38pm

I prefer mixed environments when it comes to school, work and where I live

Edited by SamoneLenior - Jul 12 2014 at 4:39pm
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2014 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by uppitynegroid uppitynegroid wrote:

I went to a PWI, but only associated with black students and I think that kind of worked against me.

it may have

but you seem to be doing well despite that

we just need to use them for whatever they can offer

Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2014 at 8:00pm
Originally posted by keepgrowing keepgrowing wrote:

Originally posted by CherryBlossom CherryBlossom wrote:

Originally posted by callmeDEva callmeDEva wrote:

I was happy when Shonda Rhimes put in that scene with Olivia's dad yelling at her, telling her that all his life he taught her she had to be better, that she had to do more to even be on the same playing field as her white counterparts.

Glad that was shown on a white network. Everyone in my house was screaming and clapping, twitter blew up lol.

Those conversations are real and very relevant
Shockedare you in my head?? cos I came in to say the exact same thing...LOL

my daddy gave me the same speech...it opened my eyes and made me push myself even harder...I have the same hunger and drive to this day

teaching your kids about the reality of racism isn't tantamount to instilling in them self-defeat...I know it made me stronger

My mom told me the same thing in 2nd grade. She told me I had to work harder if I wanted to be seen as good because all those little white kids will be getting handouts for the rest of their life just for being white. Discussing our history is essential. And it didn't make me feel bad about being black. It made me know why lil susy and ethan were loved amongst the white teachers while me and the rest of the ethnic kids were given timeouts for justing talking out of turn. Instead of internalizing that there's something wrong with me, my mom made me realize that there is something wrong with them.

Bullet.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13141516>