Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Sportscaster: Blacks Need to Stop Blaming Whites
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Sportscaster: Blacks Need to Stop Blaming Whites

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2014 at 6:25am

but this why the new black is dangerous

they will not vote in a way that benefits the greater good

I imagine they will not see the need for social programs

Edited by SamoneLenior - Jul 12 2014 at 6:26am
Sponsored Links

afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2014 at 6:37am
and we've come full circle

well done doc!
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2014 at 7:28am
Originally posted by HaitianDiva64 HaitianDiva64 wrote:

Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

I heard Dr. Kumar is at 100g's or so for his 1st school. I know folks don't care for him and 100g's ain't sh*t in the scheme if things but...

I went to hear him speak 2 months ago and he hd nothing. Doesn't he need 500,000? I reeeeaallyy hope it gets done would love to see The result of it

Word? My boy follows Dr. Umar and he tole me Friday that he has 100g's. I don't know where he got the information which is why I said "I heard". I thought Dr. Umar has a kickstarter. *shrugs*
JasmineE02 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote JasmineE02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2014 at 10:11am
Census Bureau Reports the Number of Black-Owned Businesses Increased at Triple the National Rate

From 2002 to 2007, the number of black-owned businesses increased by 60.5 percent to 1.9 million, more than triple the national rate of 18.0 percent, according to the U.S. Census Bureau's Survey of Business Owners. Over the same period, receipts generated by black-owned businesses increased 55.1 percent to $137.5 billion.

“Black-owned businesses continued to be one of the fastest growing segments of our economy, showing rapid growth in both the number of businesses and total sales during this time period,” said Census Bureau Deputy Director Thomas Mesenbourg.

These new data come from the Survey of Business Owners: Black-Owned Businesses: 2007. The survey provides detailed information every five years for black-owned businesses, including the number of firms, sales and receipts, number of paid employees and annual payroll.

Data are presented by geographic area (nation, state, county, city and metro area), industry and size of business. Preliminary national and state data were released in July 2010.

In 2007, nearly four in 10 black-owned businesses operated in the health care and social assistance; and repair, maintenance, personal and laundry services sectors. The retail trade and health care and social assistance sectors accounted for 27.4 percent of black-owned business revenue.

Among states, New York had 204,032 black-owned businesses and accounted for 10.6 percent of the nation's black-owned businesses, followed by Georgia, with 183,874 black-owned businesses (9.6 percent) and Florida, with 181,437 (9.4 percent).

Among counties, Cook, Ill., had the most black-owned businesses, with 83,733, accounting for 4.4 percent of all the nation's black-owned businesses. Los Angeles followed with 59,680 (3.1 percent) and Kings, N.Y., with 52,705 businesses (2.7 percent).

Among cities, New York had the most black-owned businesses, with 154,929 (8.1 percent of all the nation's black-owned businesses), followed by Chicago, with 58,631 (3.1 percent), Houston, with 33,062 (1.7 percent) and Detroit, with 32,490 (1.7 percent).

Other highlights:

Of the 1.9 million black-owned businesses in 2007, 106,824 had paid employees, an increase of 13.0 percent from 2002. These businesses employed 921,032 people, an increase of 22.2 percent; their payrolls totaled $23.9 billion, an increase of 36.3 percent. Receipts from black-owned employer businesses totaled $98.9 billion, an increase of 50.2 percent from 2002.

In 2007, 1.8 million black-owned businesses had no paid employees, an increase of 64.5 percent from 2002. These nonemployer businesses' receipts totaled $38.6 billion, an increase of 69.0 percent.

The number of black-owned businesses with receipts of $1 million or more increased by 35.4 percent to 14,507 between 2002 and 2007.

The Survey of Business Owners defines black-owned businesses as firms in which blacks or African-Americans own 51 percent or more of the equity, interest or stock of the business. Additional reports from the survey highlighting other minority- and veteran-owned businesses will be issued over the next year. Subsequently, separate publications will be issued highlighting additional characteristics of all businesses and their owners.

Edited by JasmineE02 - Jul 12 2014 at 10:12am
eanaj5 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eanaj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2014 at 10:36am
Originally posted by nitabug nitabug wrote:

thanks ladies and gentlemen.

I wish we had our own schools

this, i swear fo gawd integration was the devil...
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2014 at 10:42am
i still would not want to go to an all black school or hbcu i dont think… 
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2014 at 11:12am

meh as much I did not like my time at the hbcu I went to I still see the purpose of them and know I would have had a worse time at a PWI
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2014 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

truth

"Because white poverty is less expected, less recognized and less studied, we often exclude poor whites from our discussions. That masks a fundamental truth about economic inequality: Poverty is colorblind. But neither is it the same for everyone, as the white poor benefit from a lifetime of the hidden perks of white privilege."
This right c'here! They are still afforded the benefit of the doubt and given more opportunities to 'make it' versus others. Even some white people that grew up in poverty know this.Ouch

Disclaimer: Before someone says I blaming the man for everything that goes wrong with Blacks, go pick up a social science text book and get back at me.
JasmineE02 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JasmineE02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2014 at 1:03pm
What are some other things we need to do to get our ish together...so I can show that we've been doing it.  Our men are taking care of their children.  We're opening our own businesses.  We're making money. We're going to college.  Is there anything else? LOL  
purple.chuckz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purple.chuckz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2014 at 1:06pm
I have always despised Bob Costas. 
Too bad he wasn't blinded by the eye infection he caught at the Russian Olympics. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516>