Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Sportscaster: Blacks Need to Stop Blaming Whites
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Sportscaster: Blacks Need to Stop Blaming Whites

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 16>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
femmemichelle View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote femmemichelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2014 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by JasmineE02 JasmineE02 wrote:

All the black fathers I know are involved in their kids lives.  That might go against other people who see the opposite.  That's why we take giant, very expensive polls every 10 years. LOL

That goes against what I see every day down here. I'm glad where you are it's a different situation.

Sponsored Links

babelipsss View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babelipsss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2014 at 12:24pm
I don't remember writing that, but I agree. Some people have given up.
JasmineE02 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote JasmineE02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2014 at 12:26pm
I think you guys are missing my point.  My point was that I wouldn't make an assumption based on what I've seen because my perspective very well might not being representative of the whole of the US.  It makes more sense to look at polls taken across the US to get a better, fuller picture of what's going on.
femmemichelle View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote femmemichelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2014 at 12:27pm
Not to mention the amount of young black women who are sexually assaulted by men in their own families. Did institutional racism make those men do that, too? I can see how institutional racism would keep the girls from reporting the assaults but the actual assault was one of free will.

Don't take my posts as trying to diminish what institutional racism is. I know what it is and I know its effects. But to blame every single problem in our community on it is a cop out and a lie and incredibly irresponsible.
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2014 at 12:30pm

I think you guys are missing my point.  My point was that I wouldn't make an assumption based on what I've seen because my perspective very well might not being representative of the whole of the US.  It makes more sense to look at polls taken across the US to get a better, fuller picture of what's going on.

that's one reason why I seek out articles and try to speak to people that grew up differently than me

my POV is like yours but I know that is not everyone's reality

I also agree that after we cite the cause when then have to take action
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2014 at 12:34pm

Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

but Jasmine studies are pointless lol

LOL 

for the record I never said they were "pointless"..."i" just don't need them to prove and reprove the obvious for me.  that being said, i do recognize that some people (and institutions) won't recognize reality unless it is proven to them with data time and time again eleven dozen different ways....
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2014 at 12:37pm
anyway, bhm has also taught me that some negroids only consider american blacks..."black"...but continue...
JasmineE02 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (10) Thanks(10)   Quote JasmineE02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2014 at 12:45pm
I think our community is actively working to make changes and improve itself.  People still believe the myths.  That we're woefully uneducated, lazy, and unmotivated.  These myths are spread (even by our own people) to make it seem like we're not making any progress.  We've made a lot of strides in different areas, but there are different variables making those strides less influential.  Ex: We're making more money, but we're still not gaining more wealth.  We're having trouble nailing down exactly why.  Those are the conversations we need to be having.  Not the tired, untrue low-hanging fruit.  Our people are going to college and getting educated, but still make less than their white counterparts.  You can't fill a bucket with holes in it.  All the "action" won't make much difference if we're not also working on the systemic issues too.  The systemic issues that people refuse to believe exist.   
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2014 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

but Jasmine studies are pointless lol

LOL 

for the record I never said they were "pointless"..."i" just don't need them to prove and reprove the obvious for me.  that being said, i do recognize that some people (and institutions) won't recognize reality unless it is proven to them with data time and time again eleven dozen different ways....

BHM in general doesn't usually care for studies

not directed at you TC

Edited by SamoneLenior - Jul 11 2014 at 12:50pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2014 at 12:54pm

I think our community is actively working to make changes and improve itself.  People still believe the myths.  That we're woefully uneducated, lazy, and unmotivated.  These myths are spread (even by our own people) to make it seem like we're not making any progress.  We've made a lot of strides in different areas, but there are different variables making those strides less influential.  Ex: We're making more money, but we're still not gaining more wealth.  We're having trouble nailing down exactly why.  Those are the conversations we need to be having.  Not the tired, untrue low-hanging fruit.  Our people are going to college and getting educated, but still make less than their white counterparts.  You can't fill a bucket with holes in it.  All the "action" won't make much difference if we're not also working on the systemic issues too.  The systemic issues that people refuse to believe exist.   

totally agree

but when people say just work harder as if people are not already working hard you are left with the Confused face

this new thing where we "get" what is going on but act like it has less of an affect on our lives is strange

I don't know how those two ideas can exist in someone's mind

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 16>