Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Sportscaster: Blacks Need to Stop Blaming Whites
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Sportscaster: Blacks Need to Stop Blaming Whites

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 16>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2014 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

doc im sure youve posted that ptsd thread here before

I think I did
Sponsored Links

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2014 at 12:11pm

okay now that we have that out of the way, babe did you read any of what was posted besides the title of the article?

Edited by SamoneLenior - Jul 11 2014 at 12:12pm
babelipsss View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babelipsss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2014 at 12:12pm
There is no "myth" about the black absent father situation. Wake up. It is real.
CherryBlossom View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2014 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by babelipsss babelipsss wrote:

There is no "myth" about the black absent father situation. Wake up. It is real.

methinks you didn't read...
JasmineE02 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasmineE02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2014 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

but Jasmine studies are pointless lol

LOL 
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote babelipsss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2014 at 12:15pm
Actually I read the whole article. I don't agree with it. Look at our communities and see the difference for yourself.
JasmineE02 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote JasmineE02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2014 at 12:16pm
All the black fathers I know are involved in their kids lives.  That might go against other people who see the opposite.  That's why we take giant, very expensive polls every 10 years. LOL
CherryBlossom View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2014 at 12:20pm

Actually I read the whole article. I don't agree with it. Look at our communities and see the difference for yourself.

Although black fathers are more likely to live separately from their children — the statistic that’s usually trotted out to prove the parenting “crisis” — many of them remain just as involved in their kids’ lives.Pew estimates that 67 percent of black dads who don’t live with their kids see them at least once a month, compared to 59 percent of white dads and just 32 percent of Hispanic dads.

then you must only be exposed to the 33%, fair enough but there's nothing to disagree with

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2014 at 12:21pm

babe I will always remember this post of yours

I don't think I am being messy, but at least you are consistent

There is no way I would sit my children down to discuss racism.  What would I tell them...some mess about how white people have some type of magical privilege?  Or worse yet, "black people stay losing"?  I want my kids to have the best possible chance in life and they won't get very far with self-defeating ideology like that.  We live in a world with all types of people, some we like and some we don't.  It's 2011.  If someone is making you feel inferior then stop hanging around them.  What I will drill into their heads is that your race is no excuse for failure nor is it a hinderance to success.  Black people don't stay losing, some of them just gave up.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote babelipsss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2014 at 12:22pm
^^That is good for your circle. There are too many black children with a different reality.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 16>
  Share Topic