Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Sportscaster: Blacks Need to Stop Blaming Whites
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sportscaster: Blacks Need to Stop Blaming Whites

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 16>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2014 at 10:33am

lol me too
Sponsored Links

afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2014 at 10:51am
Originally posted by femmemichelle femmemichelle wrote:

Originally posted by CherryBlossom CherryBlossom wrote:

http://www.clutchmagonline.com/2014/07/bob-costas-says-people-stop-blaming-whites-black-peoples-problems/[URL=http://www.clutchmagonline.com/2014/07/bob-costas-says-people-stop-blaming-whites-black-peoples-problems/" rel="nofollow]<h1 ="post-title="" entry-title"="" style="margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 7px; margin-left: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 2em; line-height: 38px; font-family: 'Playfair Display', times, serif; color: rgb34, 34, 34;]Bob Costas Says People Should Stop Blaming Whites for Black People’s Problems</h1>[/URL]<span style="color: rgb34, 34, 34; font-family: Lora, georgia, times, serif; font-size: 16px; line-height: 24px;"></span><div ="credit"="" style="margin: 0.85em 0px 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; color: rgb176, 144, 112; font-family: ' Sans', Arial, sans-serif; line-height: 24px;">
<div ="credit"="" style="margin: 0.85em 0px 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; color: rgb176, 144, 112; font-family: ' Sans', Arial, sans-serif; line-height: 24px;"><span ="date="" updated="" postdate"="" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px;"><p style="margin: 0px 0px 1em; padding: 0px; border: 0px; color: rgb38, 38, 38; font-family: Lora, georgia, times, serif; font-size: 18px; line-height: 27px;">“Historically the narrative of white racism and the oppression of black Americans is the overriding truth. It’s the single greatest stain on our national history. It is still part of narrative. But that narrative is much more complex now. And some of the issues that are afflicting black America are not the result of white racism,” said Costas.

</span>

Misleading ass title because nothing Costas said was a lie. Not every problem in the black community is bred from white racism. Some of it we do to ourselves. Who the hell would negate that? Or would it just sound better coming out of a black mouth? People get so defensive when other communities see the cracks in our own. 

Well... Don't just stand there.. justify your argument,

You have piqued our interest..

We are listening
CherryBlossom View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2014 at 10:52am
bless this comment

Joy  17 hours ago

If bob costas was serious about helping black people, there are several issues he could have addressed before fixing his mouth to say black people need to stop blaming whites for their problems.

Racial disparities in unemployment 
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/...

Racial disparities in criminal prosecutions
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07...

Voter disenfranchisement
http://www.theatlantic.com/pol...

Racial disparities in quality of education available
http://www.ed.gov/news/press-r...

White people don't want to be held accountable for their ancestors actions, but won't give up the benefits they got from those actions.

SeducTress View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (10) Thanks(10)   Quote SeducTress Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2014 at 10:52am
The root of our problems began with them.

As a community we have to find the all elusive source(s) of infestation, eradicate it, and rebuild.

That's a tall order. 

Given how far we were setback, and how far we still managed to come...reaffirms our superiority as a people. Ironically enough. We don't have time to pat ourselves on the back because we have sooooo much work to continue to do. But we're sleep, white's aren't. 

They've collectively peeped our prowess for eons. Hence scooping us up to begin with. Smdh.
Nevertheless, the people who need to believe in themselves, don't. We continue to buy into their morbid programming. 

Fukk this cat. He's not saying anything ground breaking nor insightful. He's a coward. The majority of them are. 

Every single raggedy ass problem in our communities began with them. Fact. To admit this isn't admitting defeat, nor whining. It is what it is.

Now, it's up to us to exact change. 

It puts me in mind of adults that experienced horrific traumatizing childhoods. Once you're an adult it's your responsibility to put those horrors behind you, and rise above it. 

Yet....YET.... not a single soul can genuinely recover from trauma without acknowledging the source of it first. You don't go from being beaten and starved as a nine year old to some world renowned accomplished individual without hard soul searching work. You can't skip that step. 

I want to delve into PTSD in black communities but this is already long enough.

SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2014 at 10:53am

go head and speak on it Seductress

and TC I have a study for PTSD and black children in high crime neighborhoods too
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2014 at 10:59am
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

Originally posted by femmemichelle femmemichelle wrote:

Originally posted by CherryBlossom CherryBlossom wrote:

http://www.clutchmagonline.com/2014/07/bob-costas-says-people-stop-blaming-whites-black-peoples-problems/

Bob Costas Says People Should Stop Blaming Whites for Black People’s Problems

“Historically the narrative of white racism and the oppression of black Americans is the overriding truth. It’s the single greatest stain on our national history. It is still part of narrative. But that narrative is much more complex now. And some of the issues that are afflicting black America are not the result of white racism,” said Costas.

Misleading ass title because nothing Costas said was a lie. Not every problem in the black community is bred from white racism. Some of it we do to ourselves. Who the hell would negate that? Or would it just sound better coming out of a black mouth? People get so defensive when other communities see the cracks in our own. 

But.....never mind.
lol...what were you gonna say sang? hmmm?
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2014 at 11:02am
Originally posted by eanaj5 eanaj5 wrote:

can we judt do a little social experiment where clear folks endure 400+ years of oppression and see how their future generations fare afterwards?
I'd be all for this happening as soon as tomorrow Stern Smile
LOL reminds me of this video...this guy is on point!!Clap

Aamer Rahman (Fear of a Brown Planet) - Reverse Racism

rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2014 at 11:16am
i just can not today

Thanks for all the posts pointing out what's obvious to the sane

afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2014 at 11:18am
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

go head and speak on it Seductress

and TC I have a study for PTSD and black children in high crime neighborhoods too

i seent it

Edited by afrokock - Jul 11 2014 at 11:19am
SeducTress View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote SeducTress Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2014 at 11:37am
Samone please share the data. It would be lovely to put my own theory to the test.

I'm going to share one anecdotal experience I had this week. 

I took my nephew and his little summer camp buddy to see fireworks on the fourth. She's from DC. Barry Farms to be exact. Nuff said. For fonts not familiar with DC, it's pretty much your quintessential dangerous abandoned brown neighborhood. Scary place for adults... let alone children.

It's calmed down a great deal, in part to redevelopment, but I digress.

Now, we're waiting for the fireworks to start. Guards down. Enjoying ice cream, mine craft is pulled up on my ipad to entertain the kiddies in the meantime.

Cool.

Some kids beside us start to throw those "snap" crackers on the ground. This is where I started to peep the divide.

My nephew immediately looks up at me with the biggest grin. Aweeeeeeeeeesooooome!Big smile He's ready to haul ass to the kids beside us to get in on their innocent mischief.

His buddy on the other hand? Naaaaaah. She immediately jumped, and snuggled into me. 

I'm watching this and saying to myself. Why is this child practically shivering. She didn't recuperate. She stayed glued to me even after realizing what the noise was.

I try to shrug it off. Stop being hyper vigilant guhl! The pop rocks caught her off guard. Right?

Wrong.

Cue the fireworks. Lawd. She was a mess. Shoulders tense. She kept glancing around. She eventually calmed down a little, smiled, ohhhh and ahhhh'd. But that was after I threw my arm over her shoulder.  

Her little body never relaxed. She appeared relieved once the show was finally over. 

For reference we were watching the fireworks at the fairgrounds in MoCo. So it was a family oriented vibe at every turn. Smiling officers casually cruising the street. Yt kids (lamely) playing hand ball in the middle of the street. 

Now, the entire ride home fireworks were increasingly going off. 

It wasn't particularly startling for me, nor my nephew. It was annoying. But this child kept looking to me for reassurance the entire drive. She was lowkey asking me to confirm whether the shots she kept hearing, were in fact, fireworks. 

Every fire work pop and she was glancing at me. 

"It's okay bookie butt.... it's just fireworks. Almost home sweetie."

I pull up to her complex, sure enough... there's brother n sista bullsh*t firing off rounds alongside fireworks. Having a grand ole time.

I asked her mother if she was afraid of fireworks earlier this week. She goes, "Yeah, she's scared of the noise. You know how these fools like to shoot around here"

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh.

This little ish adds up tremendously. Why is it acceptable for a nine year old child to even have an unhealthy correlation between fireworks and gunshotsCry 

The terrifying part about it is that's just a surface issue. No one knows the different degrees of fear festering within her. 

She should be worrying about the boogeyman. Not this traumatizing adult level ish. 

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style