Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Sportscaster: Blacks Need to Stop Blaming Whites
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sportscaster: Blacks Need to Stop Blaming Whites

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 16>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2014 at 9:54am
Originally posted by femmemichelle femmemichelle wrote:

Originally posted by CherryBlossom CherryBlossom wrote:

http://www.clutchmagonline.com/2014/07/bob-costas-says-people-stop-blaming-whites-black-peoples-problems/

Bob Costas Says People Should Stop Blaming Whites for Black People’s Problems

“Historically the narrative of white racism and the oppression of black Americans is the overriding truth. It’s the single greatest stain on our national history. It is still part of narrative. But that narrative is much more complex now. And some of the issues that are afflicting black America are not the result of white racism,” said Costas.

Misleading ass title because nothing Costas said was a lie. Not every problem in the black community is bred from white racism. Some of it we do to ourselves. Who the hell would negate that? Or would it just sound better coming out of a black mouth? People get so defensive when other communities see the cracks in our own. 

Thats certainly it for me

Fck Costas .
I dont want to hear nothing an ofay has to say about the black community .

And what
Sponsored Links

JasmineE02 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote JasmineE02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2014 at 9:59am
Given that the overwhelming narrative is how "ain't sh*t" we are...I don't think anything he said was profound or eye-opening.  Most people blame us for our problems.  They don't even acknowledge racism as an issue.  The Supreme Court has been repealing the meager safeguards we've had against overt racism.  We have a problem and some wealthy white man saying "it's more complicated..." isn't helpful.  Obviously it's more complicated, but it's also a grossly systemic issue. 
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (11) Thanks(11)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2014 at 10:00am

White ppl just dont want to feel guilty thats all. He doesnt give a damn and I dont want him to speak on it.

I hope yall dont nod and join in when yts talk about blacks in your company bc its " truth"
Please tell me that aint the case.

Edited by jonesable - Jul 11 2014 at 10:03am
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2014 at 10:00am
f*ck him and his wack azz toupee...

Edited by ThoughtCouture - Jul 11 2014 at 10:01am
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (10) Thanks(10)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2014 at 10:01am

institutional racism is a poorly understood concept
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2014 at 10:03am
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

institutional racism is a poorly understood concept
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2014 at 10:03am
samone and jazz please send this jack azz some damn studies...asap.
JasmineE02 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasmineE02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2014 at 10:09am
LOL  

I love how brave he thought he was being.  Every word carefully analyzed.  
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2014 at 10:12am

TC he doesn't want to acknowledge them

he will say, well look it says in the article the poor black communities are more violent than the poor white communities without even trying to understand why that may be occurring

it is already stated in the article there is less of a sense of community in the black neighborhoods since the families have to move around more due to the construction that has occurred in the city (I bet there are more abandoned buildings in the black communities too and studies have shown how that negativity affects communities)

also the black men in those communities with the same educational and criminal background as the white men in their communities have a harder time finding legit jobs (the white men had a better network, they know someone or know someone that knows someone and they can get a job despite their history, they are also more likely to get hired and paid more anyway even if they do not know the person doing the hiring). not justifying, I'm explaining (there is a difference), but this may lead to more drug and gang related violence as men choose (again, not saying this is the only choice they have) to make money via illegal means

so take the lowered sense of family/community togetherness, harder time at finding a job, plus a few other issues and it helps you understand why more violence is happening in the black community

it can also help when trying to find ways to correct such problems as opposed to saying well they are just like that.... lazy, unmotivated and violent

Edited by SamoneLenior - Jul 11 2014 at 10:49am
eanaj5 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote eanaj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2014 at 10:25am
can we judt do a little social experiment where clear folks endure 400+ years of oppression and see how their future generations fare afterwards?
I'd be all for this happening as soon as tomorrow Stern Smile
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 16>