BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

splitting wefts for wig making

Post Reply Post Reply

Author
hennared View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hennared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: splitting wefts for wig making
    Posted: Jul 20 2013 at 4:02pm
Splitting wefts for installing on a wig cap - yay or nay?    I've found the posts on the board on this subject, but there aren't many.  If I am sealing and then sewing to a wig cap, will I be able to avoid undue shedding, if the weft is high quality?  (this is impressive-hair wefts I am considering splitting; not BSS)  Please discuss!
Sponsored Links

Erikaa99182 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Erikaa99182 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2013 at 4:12pm
Well in my experience, which is not a ton but I have made wigs before, if the tracks are sturdy, it shouldn't cause a problem as long as you make sure you sew around the wefts and not through them. I currently have impressive-hair's kinky curly wefts in and the tracks are well made and sturdy. However, I do experience A LOT of shedding (did not seal though and might be because it is kinky curly). So sealing would probably help with that, but not sure of what it will do it you split them.

I'm not really giving you an answer, huh? Anyways, do hope it helps somehow 

Let me know what you decide and good luck :)

NemaBee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NemaBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2013 at 6:47am
I did split the wefts for the last upart I made. (for the tracks sewn around my leave out so it is flatter)

The wefts were well constructed and I split it carefully in order not to cut the wefts and cause shedding. Although I did not seal, I have NO shedding whatsoever.

i guess it depends on the weft construction to be honest. My hair was from Holly.

HTH
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic