Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Split ends on relaxed hair

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
xoxojada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xoxojada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Split ends on relaxed hair
    Posted: Jan 06 2014 at 2:40pm
Hi, I've decided to start 2014 off by starting a healthy hair journey and grow my hair. I had long hair when I was little but my hair has been stuck at neck length for the last two years. I started to notice that every time I went to my hair stylist she cut way too much of my hair off, always saying that I just needed a trim. Then everyone would ask me, Why did you cut your hair! So I have refused to go back to her. The last time she "trimmed" my hair was in May. The last time I got a relaxer was in November. I'm trying to stretch them. But I've noticed that my ends are unruly and split in some areas, especially the back, which is a shorter than the front and sides of my hair. I don't want to cut my hair but I know how important it is to get rid of the split ends. Is there anything I can do instead of cutting my ends or should I just bite the bullet and cut them? Also is there anyone who never cut their ends and was able to grow their hair? Thanks!
Sponsored Links

HaitianDiva64 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaitianDiva64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 7:55pm
No once you have split ends you have to cut there are things you can do to HIDEA THE SPLIT ENDS BUT NOT REALLY GET RID OF THEM. after you cut the ends why not do a protective style and find an oil that fights against split ends. I would also go on youtube and learn how to cut your own hair
shaylanay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaylanay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 8:11pm
There's no getting around split ends. They have to be cut. Maybe you can find a stylist who wont chop off a bunch of your hair.
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2014 at 11:24pm
Every so ofter I take sections of my hair to check for split ends. I don't do a full trim, just clip off the hairs which have split. I am not that concerned about having a straight blunt cut. If my ends are too thin, I may trim off about 1/8 inch,

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic