BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Breakage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Split End Problem

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

Author
bohomojo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bohomojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Split End Problem
    Posted: May 19 2014 at 11:05pm
Due to me not taking care of my transitioning hair, I have a very bad split end problem. I trim my hair every month to slowly get rid of them but nothing is helping. What is the best option for getting rid of split ends that doesn't involve chopping off 10 inches of hair?
Sponsored Links

pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2014 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by bohomojo bohomojo wrote:

Due to me not taking care of my transitioning hair, I have a very bad split end problem. I trim my hair every month to slowly get rid of them but nothing is helping. What is the best option for getting rid of split ends that doesn't involve chopping off 10 inches of hair?

Well for the split ends that are already there, you want to slowly trim them like you have been doing, there's no need to rush. You are just beginning to do the Max hydration method now. So using gel is actually going to help seal those splits down so they do not get worse. But the MHM regimen will cover all the moisturizing and stuff needed, so you aren't going to be getting anymore split ends than you already have, the focus is to not make them any worse. Btw, what have you been using to detangle? I hope you have adopted finger detangling. btw avoid keeping your hair loose. By that i mean, the standard sleeping bonnet to sleep, but also if you are doing the DC step and also step 1, there are methods you can take to stretch the hair so you don't get matting or shrinkage in the first place.

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/the-max-hydration-methodfrom-my-other-post_topic368937_page48.html

(scroll down to my reply directed at aharri for the stretching method to prevent matting during overnight deep conditioning)
http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/the-max-hydration-methodfrom-my-other-post_topic368937_page57.html
bohomojo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bohomojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2014 at 7:47am
You seriously are like the guru of natural hair. I have adopted finger detangling , but I have a huge knot problem so I don't know what to do besides break/cut my hair off when I run through a knot. Also, my friend wants to know if she can do the max hydration method with twists or braids or weave.
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2014 at 9:20am
Originally posted by bohomojo bohomojo wrote:

You seriously are like the guru of natural hair. I have adopted finger detangling , but I have a huge knot problem so I don't know what to do besides break/cut my hair off when I run through a knot. Also, my friend wants to know if she can do the max hydration method with twists or braids or weave.

Thanks bohomojo.Big smile Kinky curly knot today is a good detangler. So take one day to really go through your hair and thoroughly detangle and unravel the hair under the shower or under the sink. Two strands knots can be unraveled it you take your time. and trim some single strand knots. After that, the keep doing the method and do those stretching techniques i linked above, so you will perpetually avoid those tangles. I'm also going to provide more pictures today.

For braids or twists, does she mean doing all the steps(including gel) and then braiding or twisting that section? If so, yes. If she means like braided extensions like Marley braids, no. And yes, you could then wear a wig on top of it. On days that she isn't doing all the steps, it is advantageous to even do step 1, then Deep condition and wear the shower cap under her wig. Every 3-4 days repeat step 1 again, until she can complete all the steps. This is what i have recommended as well for ppl to do until they get all their products. i especially recommend the bakingsoda option for this.
missmwende View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missmwende Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 10:59pm
are you natural or do you get perms?
bohomojo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bohomojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 11:15pm
I am transitioning.... I have about 2 inches of new growth and 8 inches of permed hair.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missmwende Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2014 at 10:34pm
I have the same problem. I tried wearing braids (with braiding extensions) for a while but that didn't work. i got split ends because my real hair was sticking outside the braids. all of my hair is natural. maybe that doesn't happen to girls who have permed hair. if most of your hair is permed then wearing braids with braiding extensions might prevent split ends....or you can get your hair cornrowed without the braiding extensions. one thing that worked for me (when i had permed hair) was putting grease on my hair at night and wrapping it....because you know we get some of our split ends when we sleep. you also have to moisturize your hair before you put heat to it (curl, flat iron, blow dry). you can get split ends if you don't. before i blow dry my hair i put hair lotion on it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote missmwende Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2014 at 10:36pm
but before you start trying to grow your hair again you need to make sure that all of the split ends are trimmed off...or they will just continue to split up your hair shaft and you will have to get more hair trimmed off.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missmwende Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 7:23pm
if you have two inches of new growth your real hair will probably stick outside the braids if you wear braiding extensions.
bohomojo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bohomojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2014 at 2:44pm
I apologize but I do not understand what you mean when you say the hair will stick out of the braids. Can you give me an example? i understand that my roots will be a bit thicker than my ends but I don't see that as an issue in making my ends split.

Thank you.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic