Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
daydai View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2011 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by JasmineE02 JasmineE02 wrote:

Oh, and it's nothing personal.  The whole mixing of science and non-science and still calling it science is just a pet peeve of mind.  I'll forget this conversation in a week.  LOL
 Of course LOL Hug
Sponsored Links

JasmineE02 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2011 at 4:05pm
Big smile
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2011 at 7:16am
Originally posted by daydai daydai wrote:

I understand yall mindset completely but you need to be able to venture off on the subjects you learned in school and be able to explore further. And when you do that you learn things they didnt teach in school, maybe things they didnt want you to know. 

Do not be the one who sits back and waits for a scientist to write an article before they can believe its true. Im surprised people didnt know that everything is made up of energy. And yes science has proven that. 

I am kind of at a loss for words because I am shocked at how quickly you will dismiss this information as not being science. When everyone I know KNOWS this info as common knowledge. It IS science, but some people are run for a loop when spirituality is thrown in there because all of their life they have been taught that are are totally separate, which is not true.

I agree! And this is an interesting post.......When people state that it is not science if it cannot be measured. That is another way of, "If man cannot figure it out then it must not be true" There is something about some people that need an answer for everything. Man knows somethings, but we will not know everything, no matter how smart we think we are. And no matter how many studies and scientific studies they publish.
TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2011 at 7:40am
Originally posted by Veemack Veemack wrote:

Originally posted by daydai daydai wrote:

I understand yall mindset completely but you need to be able to venture off on the subjects you learned in school and be able to explore further. And when you do that you learn things they didnt teach in school, maybe things they didnt want you to know. 

Do not be the one who sits back and waits for a scientist to write an article before they can believe its true. Im surprised people didnt know that everything is made up of energy. And yes science has proven that. 

I am kind of at a loss for words because I am shocked at how quickly you will dismiss this information as not being science. When everyone I know KNOWS this info as common knowledge. It IS science, but some people are run for a loop when spirituality is thrown in there because all of their life they have been taught that are are totally separate, which is not true.

I agree! And this is an interesting post.......When people state that it is not science if it cannot be measured. That is another way of, "If man cannot figure it out then it must not be true" There is something about some people that need an answer for everything. Man knows somethings, but we will not know everything, no matter how smart we think we are. And no matter how many studies and scientific studies they publish.

Um...yeah.  You clearly have no idea about the scientific process.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2011 at 8:46am
Originally posted by Veemack Veemack wrote:

No, all I said is that if it can't be measured, it's not science.  By definition.  Like, if you pull out a research methods book and it describes the process by which science is done, the spiritual side of what is mentioned in the OP...can't be measured.  That is why is not science.  That's all.  I never once mentioned whether it was true or not.  If I went that far in the conversation, I would have said "there is no evidence to support that claim," but I wasn't here to talk about what I thought about the factual nature of the videos.

I also never claimed that man knows everything or can know everything.  That's why we have science in the first place.  To try to figure out answers to questions.  And when we find the answer, we look for a better answer.  However, if it cannot be measured in any capacity (back to that old definition again), then it's not a question that science can answer.   
RedWine View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2012 at 11:52pm
Originally posted by JasmineE02 JasmineE02 wrote:

Science has not shown that everything is made up of energy. 

Never say this again!! 

ALbert Einstien proved that in 1905 with E=mc squared.  The e in the formula is energy the m is for matter. Everything is made of matter.Wink

Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2012 at 10:18am
....you do see that the matter is part of the equation.  Not the whole thing.  Matter has energy.  It isn't energy itself.  Which is what I said throughout the thread.  They can be converted back and forth, but they aren't the same thing.  
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 29 2012 at 8:18am
I don't know why I'm so late in coming to this realization but people have always mistaken energy (actions, doings, movement, etc ) with gods and goddesses.   I'm starting to see that this is the whole point for the invention of religion.  Trying to explain energy....doing it with "common sense".   Unfortunately common sense is often mistaken for science.     
daydai View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2012 at 9:37am
Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

I don't know why I'm so late in coming to this realization but people have always mistaken energy (actions, doings, movement, etc ) with gods and goddesses.   I'm starting to see that this is the whole point for the invention of religion.  Trying to explain energy....doing it with "common sense".   Unfortunately common sense is often mistaken for science.     
I like this post lol because that kind of is what religion is for but its for those who kind of need (or want, or have no choice b/c thats all they know) a diety to believe in. Which isnt necessarily bad because its always good to have a way to refresh yourself, cleanse yourself, meditate,  and/or other "religious" practices that (some) actually do work, because its all the manipulation of energy. Because it IS all about energy. And once you know that and embrace that your possibilities are endless.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic