Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Spinoff: Stuff Nurses Hate!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 6 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 05 2013 at 1:16am
Originally posted by NadiaPost NadiaPost wrote:

Originally posted by Lite Brite Lite Brite wrote:

Nadia, I guess I didn't clarify, theyre not here for other medical treatments.The people I'm referring to are all outpatient and they're not taking any other meds for physical ailments.

The suicide example was just one particular situation. But it's common for other clients to tell us they're still  anxious, depressed mood, mood swings, dont feel their psych meds are working etc.. but when they see the Dr, they tell them theyre doing fine.

(and I'm talking about high-functioning people) I understand sometimes it's hard to communicate with your doctors, but if you want to get better or have a med adjustment.. please try.

Oh okay I gotcha. I don't trust pharmaceutical drugs, when my mom had surgery they gave her some strong pain pill and it had her hearing crying babies. Real weird. I asked her doc to give her Naproxen instead.
What?!LOLCry

I can understand your stance.
Sponsored Links

Prazol60 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Prazol60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 05 2013 at 1:22am
Good nurse story:
After my operation I needed help getting out of bed the first time. So a nurse was helping me and this noise ass old woman was next to me. She heard me and the nurse talking and found out what operation I had. So she pipes up that it is easy to lose weight, all you need to do is blah blah blah. The nurse says it is not easy for everybody and some people find it impossible without medical help. That shut the hag up. All that woman did the whole time I was there was complain. I felt for the staff dealing with her.

Bad nurse story:
I had a question about some pills. I call the hospital but the doctor that gave me the pill was on vacation. I read on the hospital website that I was supposed to get one type of pills but I was given the wrong type. The nurse I guess was having a bad day because she then goes off on some rant about how would I know that and do I know as much as a doctor. I calmly say no, but the website of the hospital says this is the wrong thing. I had to report her and she was taking off my case. In the end I was right. The doctor had very little experience in the area I needed help with, she was fresh out of medical school I saw on her bio.
ThatGurlD View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote ThatGurlD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 05 2013 at 8:40am
You were right to report her.  Some people get a license and get all puffed up.  No one knows everything and sometimes that balloon ego needs some deflating.  I bet she learned a lesson in it.  

I know I said this already but I hate semi-private rooms.  Being in the hospital is never a good thing unless you're delivering a healthy term baby.  People need rest to get well and time with their thought to sort things out.  How do you do that with Joe Blow coughing up a lung, snoring or or his phone all day?  I know it's not realistic but in some cases....
IslandSuga View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote IslandSuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 05 2013 at 10:08am
I'm not a nurse but while I was doing my clinicals for occupational therapy a nurse walked into the patient's room with my instructor in there. While he was talking to the patient, he turned to introduce me to the nurse since I was fairly new to everything. I was just observing while he was talking to the patient, next thing you know the nurse turned to me and said "Do you speak?". SAY WHAT? If my instructor wasn't there, I would've nicely ripped her a new one. Don't take my being quiet as being weak, I observe for a reason heaux.

Another time I was going to work with a patient and I noticed at his IV site it was bleeding. I gloved up (as usual) but I called the nurse to let her know about it and I even went to go find her. When I found her she was kee-keeing it up at the nurse's station. This bish took her sweet ass time to come to the room and put some tape over the site. No clean up of the blood, no bandage, no NOTHING. I couldn't believe it.
IslandSuga View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote IslandSuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 05 2013 at 10:11am
Originally posted by SoutherNtellect SoutherNtellect wrote:

Originally posted by Claudie Claudie wrote:

You can walk without aid, you do not need help

You have to walk around after surgery, get up out of that bed and walk.

No you do not need a bed pan, you are ambulatory you can walk to the bathroom

Maybe you chose the wrong career

Nah, in the rehab world it's like that too. But in rehab, it all depends on the level and type of assistance they need for the above. So if nursing doesn't have time to help, we come in and make it a part of our treatment plan. Especially if you've had a surgery, it's important to walk. You don't need any blood clots from laying in bed all day. One day after I saw a patient of mine independently get out of bed and sit in the chair, all of a sudden he needed assistance to put the urinal on his d!ckConfusedLOL#youtriedit #doityourself

Edited by IslandSuga - Sep 05 2013 at 10:13am
niecy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 05 2013 at 10:22am
Originally posted by QueenBee QueenBee wrote:

Originally posted by Lady ICE Lady ICE wrote:

why what happened?Smile  

Having to be assistance to a mom who had to give birth to a stillborn...then provide post mortem care for baby....allow mom, dad, and grandparents come in an old baby...  I held my composure during the shift (thank God for experienced nurses)..but I cried all the way home.  That's when I knew----No labor and delivery for me. 

Thanks for convincing me not to go into neonatal care when I finish school. I don't think I'd be able to handle going through something like this. Cry
SoutherNtellect View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 05 2013 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by IslandSuga IslandSuga wrote:

Originally posted by SoutherNtellect SoutherNtellect wrote:

Originally posted by Claudie Claudie wrote:

You can walk without aid, you do not need help

You have to walk around after surgery, get up out of that bed and walk.

No you do not need a bed pan, you are ambulatory you can walk to the bathroom

Maybe you chose the wrong career

Nah, in the rehab world it's like that too. But in rehab, it all depends on the level and type of assistance they need for the above. So if nursing doesn't have time to help, we come in and make it a part of our treatment plan. Especially if you've had a surgery, it's important to walk. You don't need any blood clots from laying in bed all day. One day after I saw a patient of mine independently get out of bed and sit in the chair, all of a sudden he needed assistance to put the urinal on his d!ckConfusedLOL#youtriedit #doityourself

the only point i really wanted to make

I was wheeled out of the room to go to the bathroom (with IV in). this stupid wench asked me if i needed her to wheel me down the hallway. i was like, am I supposed to scoot my feet and chair down the hallway myself? could i have walked? maybe. is it your job to decide? no
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
  Share Topic