Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Spinoff: Stuff Nurses Hate!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 6 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
stardaqueenb23 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stardaqueenb23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2013 at 8:55pm
Originally posted by Lite Brite Lite Brite wrote:

Originally posted by ThatGurlD ThatGurlD wrote:

You've complained of half a dozen symptoms to me but when the doctor rounds you "feel great." Angry

ClapClap
I'm not a nurse, but have experienced this A LOT with my patients. SMH.
Like, you attempted suicide 3 days before your appt with your
psychiatrist, and I ask you after the appt if you told them, you say you
forgot?.. really? You forgot?? You just had the opportunity to have
your meds adjusted.. you know, what youve been asking me about..

It
bothers me that they complain so much about their meds not working,
persistent sxs etc, but they see the doctor and theyre doing great.

Even the doctors acknowledge this happens all the timeCry
CNS medications are no joke and patients really need to communicate with their doctors on these drugs especially if they are a black box controlled substance. A lot of times I visit a doctor and all his patients are doing fine on the drug then I come back and he has switched a whole bunch of patients or has a bunch of adverse reactions to report because the patients forgot to tell him about it. This drives me crazy because it is supposed to be reported days after.
Sponsored Links

india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2013 at 9:15pm
I hate when PT try to switch urine samples . I will never forget the young man that used his girlfriend urine . The hCG levels where off the chart . Never use a pregnant woman for your test lol .
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2013 at 9:25pm
Yeah I've had a person ask for my urine and I'm like I'm a girl on BC........I don't think it's gon work bruh......shoulda hit the health food store lol
keepgrowing View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote keepgrowing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2013 at 9:39pm
I think patients are scared of doctors. I interviewed a patient and she told me multiple things that were going on with her. I asked if she told the doctor this and she passively said yeah. Then the doctor comes and "everything is good. couldn't be better." I had to tell the doctor what was up.
creole booty View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote creole booty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2013 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by keepgrowing keepgrowing wrote:

I think patients are scared of doctors. I interviewed a patient and she told me multiple things that were going on with her. I asked if she told the doctor this and she passively said yeah. Then the doctor comes and "everything is good. couldn't be better." I had to tell the doctor what was up.

I'm scared of the diagnosis. The doctors, normally, r ok. I really don't like going to the dr, then I really don't like getting the bad news. Or no news. No new pisses me off too.
Claudie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote Claudie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2013 at 11:11pm
Originally posted by SoutherNtellect SoutherNtellect wrote:

Originally posted by Claudie Claudie wrote:

You can walk without aid, you do not need help

You have to walk around after surgery, get up out of that bed and walk.

No you do not need a bed pan, you are ambulatory you can walk to the bathroom

Maybe you chose the wrong career

Excuse me?  Where did I state that I am currently working in the medical field?  Where did I state that all of these are my opinions?

Maybe YOU chose the wrong potential career if #2 does not apply.

I am NOT going to go round and round with you.  THE END!!
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2013 at 11:30pm
I have a friend who is studying to be a CNA and I've heard horror stories

You couldn't pay me enough

Originally posted by Az~Maverick Az~Maverick wrote:

Originally posted by Claudie Claudie wrote:

You can walk without aid, you do not need help

You have to walk around after surgery, get up out of that bed and walk.

No you do not need a bed pan, you are ambulatory you can walk to the bathroom

You are on a restricted diet, no you cannot get regular diet

You are not here to party with more than the allowed visitors, talking and laughing loud, and disrupting your roommate.

Your visitors have to go to the cafeteria and purchase food,.  This is not a 5 star hotel, you cannot order room service for your visitors.

Oooh, I hate that! "Aye, can my mother, uncle, cousin twice removed get a sammich? Big smile

Um...NO. But our cafeteria IS open from 7p-7a. They're more than welcomed to PURCHASE any food they like! Big smile

*crickets* LOL
ThatGurlD View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote ThatGurlD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2013 at 11:53pm
I agree if a patient tells you where the good vein is and what to use, go for it!  You been you your whole life, I just met you.  

I hate it when nurses say it's going to be a hard IV start because a person is obese.  They have veins too.  It's not what you see, it's what you feel.  

I hate it when a person bleeds like a faucet.  I'm old school and use the needle then attach my tubing etc. most of the time.  I feel like I have more control (ironically sort of like I do driving a stick).  I don't feel like I can maneuver as well with the bulky closed system.  I'm working on it.  Fast access is a must in a code.  

I hate it when a patient is all alone.  No friends or family and just staring out the window or acting like me smiling and listening is the kindest gesture they've ever received.  Everyone has a story and who knows how anyone ends up alone but regardless, it's sad.

Strange IV starting note:  I can ALWAYS tell when a patient is a smoker.  They have thicker/harder skin and you have to use a little more pressure just to poke through or you'll blow the vein.  I smoked for a long time and every time I do an IV start on a smoker it gives me the heebie jeebies.

DiorShowGirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 05 2013 at 12:27am
i am not a nurse but i do work in a hospital and this gets me whenever i see a patient in the e.d.

YO ASS COME IN THE E.D. SICK AS A DOG, BUT YET U ASK FOR SOMETHING TO EAT, ON  UR CELLPHONE LAUGHING AND YACKING AWAY..LIKE WTF??? up and about walking around exposing that pasty behind...Dead

i hate those type of patient's...Angry

DiorShowGirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 05 2013 at 12:32am
Originally posted by NadiaPost NadiaPost wrote:

I love nurses but the new nurse where my dad is got on my last nerves today.

I Get off elevator and proceed to walk to my dads room

New Nurse: Hello Miss, Miss Helllooo Miss Can I help you?

Me: No

New Nurse: Patients Name you are visiting?

Me: Huh Why? I come here everyday after work?

New Nurse: Give me his name so I can give show you the direction of his room

Me: Lady I know where his room is and I don't need any directions, gps or any assistance. Why are you giving me a hard time.

New Nurse: Can you just give me his name

Me : NO how about you give me your first and last name so I can report you. I'll be right back with a pen and paper for your first and last name.

oh i hope ur dad is ok.....
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>