Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Spinoff: Stuff Nurses Hate!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 6 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ThatGurlD View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote ThatGurlD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spinoff: Stuff Nurses Hate!!
    Posted: Sep 04 2013 at 1:39am
You take 15 medications and you don't know what any of them are?  So you swallow and handful of biologically potent chemicals every day with no worries.  Cool.

You're allergic to all pain meds except Dilaudid?  Riiiiight.  Be right back with your Toradol Wink

Your intake has abnormalities in every single system review EXCEPT psych?  No problems there Thumbs Up

You self-referred, are private pay and only think we need to concern ourselves with the pieces of your medical history you volunteer.  We will get far. Stern Smile

You've missed four $20 co-pay follow ups in the clinic and now that you're admitted to the hospital you're upset because of the bill.  Geek

You're here for palpitations but drink a pot of coffee each morning. 

Now that you're sick the family reunion is happening in your room on my shift and your Uncle Chuck would like a sandwich? Angry

You're a diabetic with hypertension and your friend brings you Popeye's and sweet tea.  Confused

Twelve calls have come in for you since you were admitted three hours ago and everyone wants to know your status.  

You've complained of half a dozen symptoms to me but when the doctor rounds you "feel great." Angry

On admission you left out the fact that you're a raging alcoholic and I enter the room to find you shaking, sweating profusely and vomiting.  Awesome.

Feel free to chime in or go in on nurses....

Edited by ThatGurlD - Sep 04 2013 at 1:40am
Sponsored Links

herwoman View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2013 at 1:59am
DiorShowGirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2013 at 2:00am
noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2013 at 10:16am
Cool thread! I actually considered suggesting people from other fields do spinoffs about what they hate in their profession. I know nurses have it haaaard!

Goes back to read.
noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2013 at 10:20am
that's awesome! LOL

noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2013 at 10:39am
i usually like the nurses more than the doctors. do they not teach docs bedside manners? they can be a little intimidating.
ThatGurlD View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote ThatGurlD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2013 at 10:58am
One of my favorite quotes about nurses is that we are the link between science and humanity.  Doctors are like human biological scientists.  They get into their stuff and they're good at it for the most part.  Nurses work with people from day one.  
Anah View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2013 at 11:53am
Lol
honeyb87 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeyb87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2013 at 12:12pm
I have a CNA license but thank God I don't have to use it. I learned a lot and can use that when my parents get older, but.....no.
keepgrowing View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote keepgrowing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2013 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by ThatGurlD ThatGurlD wrote:

One of my favorite quotes about nurses is that we are the link between science and humanity.  Doctors are like human biological scientists.  They get into their stuff and they're good at it for the most part.  Nurses work with people from day one.  

A doctor told me that this is the difference in how doctors and nurses approach patients: A nurse sees a patient limping and a nurse goes over and helps the individual sit down and asks what they can do for the person. A doctor sees a patient limping and immediately the doctor begins thinking what caused the limping and asks the patient why s/he is limping so the doctor can help stop the issue.

Edited by keepgrowing - Sep 04 2013 at 12:21pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style